PDA

View Full Version : Everytime you feel sad...

Romes
12-08-2002, 06:08 PM
that the Bills are out of the playoffs, or that our coaches suck, or whatever other reason one might be sad about. Just remember one thing and you will be happy again (even if it is for just a brief moment)...

We swept the fish!!

:squish:

Ok, that was my attempt to help make people feel better this glum sunday afternoon.

RedEyE
12-08-2002, 06:10 PM
That's true. Bragging rights for another year!

Dolphinatic
12-08-2002, 06:27 PM
I guess I'm not fanatical enough about this, but I don't understand why two Fin wins is any big deal. It seems to me like Ricky's 228 yards in Buffalo - nice day, but who cares?

What does being the only team in the division to be swept by two other AFCE teams count for? Gagging rights?

Personally, I'd rather be playing for post-season.

RedEyE
12-08-2002, 06:37 PM
Originally posted by Dolphinatic
I guess I'm not fanatical enough about this, but I don't understand why two Fin wins is any big deal. It seems to me like Ricky's 228 yards in Buffalo - nice day, but who cares?

What does being the only team in the division to be swept by two other AFCE teams count for? Gagging rights?

We are doing something called "positive spinning". It's a trait that losers find comforting. Happens in Buffalo all the time....... oh yeah and......Ha Ha, we beat you twice !

don137
12-08-2002, 06:41 PM

Remember we are rebuilding. Very few expected us to play in the post season this year. This is a make then break year for the fish. After this year the fish will have to start to cut salary. Since the Bills beat the fish twice it is more than likely the fish will have to be on the road for the playoffs which means they will suffer another embarassing loss in the playoffs. We are rebuilding to win a championship where Miami just is happy to make the post-season...:squish:

ArcticWildMan
12-08-2002, 06:42 PM

Let me make sure you understand one thing....I don't mean this in a bad way at all. How old are you? I could be totally wrong, but I'm guessing you aren't old enough to remember the 20 or so years of losses to the Phins by us. That was a bitter pill and those of us who remember those days, look upon a sweep of you guys as a miniature SuperBowl..

shelby
12-08-2002, 06:43 PM
:lol: BAMF!
The fish will choke in post-season, as they always do.
:D

Novacane
12-08-2002, 06:49 PM
Originally posted by shelby
:lol: BAMF!
The fish will choke in post-season, as they always do.
:D

If they even get there!

RedEyE
12-08-2002, 06:54 PM
Originally posted by BledsoeTOreedfor6

If they even get there!

How True! The Bills did the Pats a favor by trouncing the Fish-Heads twice. They may have even helped the Jets out too. Currently the Jets hold the better division record over Miami and trail by only one game.

PA Season Ticket Holder
12-08-2002, 06:55 PM
I'd swap last place for first place anytime. Patriots will probably win the division and Miami will get a wildcard with their tiebreakers over San Diego and Denver.

A loss to the Bears might shake it up a bit. If they don't win this game they might not be in the playoffs. There will be Miami, Jets, Chiefs, Broncos, and Chargers fighting for 2 WC positions.

Cntrygal
12-08-2002, 10:50 PM
:squish:

Dozerdog
12-08-2002, 11:27 PM
Well, one by product of finishing (optimistically) at 8-8 and 4th inthe division is that we will probably draw KC and Cincy for our schedule next season.

that's the new benefit of a 4th place schedule and realignment.

clumping platelets
12-09-2002, 12:06 AM
Miami still plays Oakland and the Pats

2-2 in last 4 will NOT yield playoff spot