• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • cordog
    eat, drink, and be merry
    • Apr 2003

Mort says Henry to Cards deal will get done

I missed some of it on SportsCenter, but Mort said that the Travis Henry for L.J. Shelton will get done either draft day or leading up to the draft. I missed the part on TD trying to get a draft pick out of the Cards, which the Card balked at.
  • Romes
    • Jul 2002

If we get Shelton, I still would like to draft a guy like Terry in Rd 2 to compete with Shelton for that LT spot.
    Originally posted by paladin warrior
    RALPH is drove me nut.

Comment

• Mudflap1
      Next Question!
      • Nov 2004

Ditto.

Jon

Comment

• STAMPY
        Hall of Fame Zoner
        • Sep 2003

Great news, Travis Henry thx for your time here, you were a warrior but a man with more talent took over. but thanks for the effort over last few years

Comment

• ShadowHawk7
          Ground your Jets Vilma, no way you're shooting this guy down.
          • Mar 2003

Originally posted by STAMPY
          Great news, Travis Henry thx for your time here, you were a warrior but a man with more talent took over. but thanks for the effort over last few years
          Amen, good luck.
          "It's not whether you win or lose; it's how you play the game."
          -Vince Lombardi

Comment

• gobuffalo2007
            All-Pro Zoner
            • Mar 2005

Good if we get Shelton maybe all the idiots on the board will stop bringing up the whole bad line situation.

Comment

• Mahdi
              • Mar 2004

Originally posted by gobuffalo2007
              Good if we get Shelton maybe all the idiots on the board will stop bringing up the whole bad line situation.
              How is stating that our line is in bad shape at this present time idiotic. I'm sure you agree that we need serious O-line help....

Comment

• Romes
                • Jul 2002

I saw Mort on ESPNews and he said repeated what Clayton said that we wanted to swap 2nd Rd picks with the Cardinals. He said that the deal will probably be done on draft day or just before it.

It makes sense, both Shelton and Henry aren't going anyway, so why make a rash trade? Just weigh all the options and on draft day if Shelton is the best way to go...make that deal.
                Originally posted by paladin warrior
                RALPH is drove me nut.

Comment

• Billsouth
                  • Jul 2002

the risk is that arizona appears to be the only team interested that has something to offer and willing to part with. if arz decides to go in another direction (i.e. alexander, droughns, or the draft) then we could be screwed. TH is not going to play for us this year not matter what.
                  "once a raider always a raider"

Comment

• gobuffalo2007
                    All-Pro Zoner
                    • Mar 2005

Originally posted by Mahdi
                    How is stating that our line is in bad shape at this present time idiotic. I'm sure you agree that we need serious O-line help....
                    How many times do i have to say it our line will be fine! we lost one starter and these people go into a panic!
                    Jennings was hurt so much we hardly used him! we pick up a guy in the draft and we will be fine!

Comment

• ShadowHawk7
                      Ground your Jets Vilma, no way you're shooting this guy down.
                      • Mar 2003

How many times do i have to say it our line will be fine! we lost one starter and these people go into a panic!
                      Jennings was hurt so much we hardly used him! we pick up a guy in the draft and we will be fine!
                      I think he might actually have a point there. Our line was average after one year of McNally and w/ DB behind them. Year 2 McNally + Shelton/Marcus Johnson/Adam Terry to replace JJ, we should be OK, not great, but ok IMO.
                      "It's not whether you win or lose; it's how you play the game."
                      -Vince Lombardi

Comment

• Bills 4 life
                        • Oct 2004

I TOTALLY AGREE. ALSO, PICKING UP A OL GUY IN THE DRAFT ISNT ALWAYS GOING TO HELP YOU ASAP.
                        "No one circles the wagons like the Buffalo Bills"

Buffalo Bills fans- "We're all we got"

Comment

• Ed
                          • Sep 2002

Originally posted by Billsouth
                          the risk is that arizona appears to be the only team interested that has something to offer and willing to part with. if arz decides to go in another direction (i.e. alexander, droughns, or the draft) then we could be screwed. TH is not going to play for us this year not matter what.
                          I think that goes both ways though. It's not like anyone else is kicking down Arizonas door to try and get Shelton. There's no way Dennis Green wants Shelton on his team next year, especially eating 3 mil of cap space.

Comment

• cordog
                            eat, drink, and be merry
                            • Apr 2003

I disagree, this line was not good last year. You can blame some of it on Bledsoe, but overall against good teams, this line was overmatched. Then you take the starting LT off of it and it only gets worse.

Comment

• X-Era
                              What this generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace
                              • Feb 2005

Originally posted by cordog
                              I missed some of it on SportsCenter, but Mort said that the Travis Henry for L.J. Shelton will get done either draft day or leading up to the draft. I missed the part on TD trying to get a draft pick out of the Cards, which the Card balked at.
                              The Cards wont be able to land any of the top three backs, Williams, Brown, or Benson. All will be gone by their pick and they will want to get Travis.

Comment

Working...
                              X