PDA

View Full Version : NFL turns down proposal on 'down by contact'

The_Philster
03-23-2005, 09:07 PM
A proposal to make down-by-contact plays reviewable by replay was rejected by NFL teams.

The proposed change was perhaps the most important in a package of rules changes approved by the league's competition committee. It would have allowed the referee to use replay cameras to look at fumbles even though the whistle had blown, something that currently ends the play regardless of what the cameras might see...more (http://www.nfl.com/news/story/8320785)

Drive 4 Five
03-23-2005, 10:25 PM
A proposal to make down-by-contact plays reviewable by replay was rejected by NFL teams.

The proposed change was perhaps the most important in a package of rules changes approved by the league's competition committee. It would have allowed the referee to use replay cameras to look at fumbles even though the whistle had blown, something that currently ends the play regardless of what the cameras might see...more (http://www.nfl.com/news/story/8320785)

That is just stupid! WTF? It kinda makes you wonder sometimes if games are set up. That is like the most irritating thing in all of football. As usual, the Bills always seem to be on the wrong side of those calls too. I hate it.

Mr. Cynical
03-23-2005, 10:32 PM
Voted down were changing the defensive pass interference rule from a spot foul to the 15-yard variety, as in the colleges, on long plays; placing two TV cameras by the goal lines for replay on questionable touchdowns; WTF? Why not have more cameras? I can think of a few plays that it would have made the difference in games, e.g., the time when the ref though Vinny Testaverde's head was the football (forgot who that was).

The_Philster
03-24-2005, 04:53 AM
WTF? Why not have more cameras? I can think of a few plays that it would have made the difference in games, e.g., the time when the ref though Vinny Testaverde's head was the football (forgot who that was).

Phil Luckett was the ref that day

Mr. Miyagi
03-24-2005, 06:26 AM
I knew it was some jerk named Phil.

Michael82
03-24-2005, 09:02 AM
Phil, the Bills were one of only 12 teams to reject it. Blame Ralph if you are mad.