PDA

View Full Version : drew bledsoe and his 4 picks...

Tatonka
12-08-2002, 07:05 PM
is really disappointing today..

i wanted, so badly, to see him do well...

he had me cursing him by games end..

guess we will get them next year..

Tatonka
12-08-2002, 07:07 PM
thats ARE really disappointing.. sorry.. bad grammar

PA Season Ticket Holder
12-08-2002, 07:12 PM
He can't blame anyone but himself. 2 terrible games against them

Novacane
12-08-2002, 07:13 PM
We won't get them next year. Billechik traded Drew within the division because he knew he could shut him down. The only way we get NE next year is if we have a great D and I can't see that happening

JayWood
12-08-2002, 07:14 PM
Hey for the season that the guy has had so far this tear, and eveything he has done to bring the bills back to life in buffalo, the guy can have a bad game. But iam with you tatonka, i wanted so bad to see him just stick it to the Pats. Oh well, somethings just dont happen the way you would like them to. I was never really a DB fan whene he was with the Pats, but let me tell you, i have gained so much respect for the guy and Iam proud to have him wearing the blue and red!!! What a class act.

ublinkwescore
12-08-2002, 07:17 PM
On the bright side, Tom Donahoe has said it himself - "Next year we will have a D". I'm gonna hold Tom Donahoe to the remark.

Are there any teams that play a 4-6 that have any good linebackers/safeties/Dlinemen?

RedEyE
12-08-2002, 07:23 PM
I'm not 100% sure, but I don't think that there is another team in the league that play the 46. When was that statement made? Today? Perhaps Donahoe was prefacing Gray's departure and plans luring in Mike Archer http://www.steelers.com/team/general.cfm?cont_id=50197!

Tatonka
12-08-2002, 07:45 PM
i would absolutely love to have that guy... and we could pull off a 3-4 with him too =)

but i just dont see how it will work with GW as the head coach... how could he endorse a different defense? he would then be hands off on defense and KG runs the offense, so what good is GW at that point? not that he has been much good this season

colin
12-08-2002, 08:24 PM
Originally posted by BledsoeTOreedfor6
We won't get them next year. Billechik traded Drew within the division because he knew he could shut him down. The only way we get NE next year is if we have a great D and I can't see that happening

Drew stank today, but the reason we lost is because again we refused to run a great running back against a terrible rushing D. The Pats are an outstanding pass D, especially against multiple wide outs because of their depth at corner and speed at linebacker. Their D line is small and CAN'T last 4 quarters against a decent O line, let alone a giant one like ours. We were forced the ball and that is why our O sucked. We might have been out of the game real early, but the best way to suck against New England is to force passes, remember the Super Bowl?

WCoastFin
12-08-2002, 09:00 PM
and remember ...the Dolphins didnt capalize on 4 more that were in there hands...which would of made 8 INTs in 2 games....Drew Bledsoe is a rich mans Rob Johnson....Interception and sack galore!!!

WG
12-08-2002, 09:06 PM
Bad game?

How about bad games?

He's stunk up the joint against the Jets twice and now the Pats twice. His first game against the Phins wasn't spectacular by any stretch. Heck, other than one play on a defensive breakdown, he had barely over 100 yards against them on the first go round!

The only reason we beat Miami in game one was b/c Henry ran well and Lucas gave us the ball 6 times graciously.

He had an OK game last week based on 3 plays largely and nothing special after that and again, that win came courtesy of Henry's rushing and again, the Miami O's inability to pass the ball coupled w/ weather.

Drew's never been good against the AFCE and it appears that nothing's changed, certainly not for the better.

WG
12-08-2002, 09:11 PM
In 5 games vs. the AFC E, Drew has:

5 TDs (only one in the first Miami game)

9 INTs

1 FUM Lost

In those 5 games our offense has averaged only 16.8 PPG. That BLOWS!

Say what you want, but he's certainly done his part to ensure that we don't beat any AFC E teams, in spite of the fact that we beat Miami twice.

Andrea1234
12-08-2002, 10:10 PM
wait a min here sure he sucked today but comeone you cant blame it all on drew our D sucked the first half we couldnt stop brady at all but what 3 and longs in the 2nd half big deal we sucked today period and we lost our chances at the playoffs

Bert102176
12-08-2002, 11:13 PM
it's not the first game Bledsoe has lost us this year, and I doubt the last.

lunatic_bills_fan
12-09-2002, 04:41 AM
Although 4 ints is just too many for a NFL caliber QB (especially one of Drew Bledsoe's stature), I refuse to start pinning games on a QB that consistintly has too watch opposing offences march down feild on our D and play from behind. Yes the D stepped up in the 3rd quarter and played pretty descent, that doesnt change the fact that they played like ghosts the first half. When you're in there at QB for 12 games and you know that it is almost neccessary to score on 1 in every 2 drives to give your team a chance, a QB is more succeptable to mistakes. Im not gonna condone DB's 4 ints, but I will condone the mental game he must have to play watching this Bill's Defence game after game.

JayWood
12-09-2002, 08:04 AM
Its amazing how some of you think, who would you rather have as our QB Jeff Blake, AVP, Travis Brown, Jim Miller, and all the other names that were thrown around during the off season. DB has done a greqat job in Buffalo, and I for one am happy to have him as our leader. Iam starting to think this is a New England board, half the people here are starting to sound like sports fans from the NE area, makes me sick!!!

WCoastFin
12-09-2002, 11:57 AM
sounds to me like you have low standards....I dont think anyone wants any of those QBs mentioned including Bledsoe.....well anyone but the Bills and maybe Bengals...just maybe.

colin
12-09-2002, 12:18 PM
Originally posted by Wys Guy
Bad game?

How about bad games?

He's stunk up the joint against the Jets twice and now the Pats twice. His first game against the Phins wasn't spectacular by any stretch. Heck, other than one play on a defensive breakdown, he had barely over 100 yards against them on the first go round!

The only reason we beat Miami in game one was b/c Henry ran well and Lucas gave us the ball 6 times graciously.

He had an OK game last week based on 3 plays largely and nothing special after that and again, that win came courtesy of Henry's rushing and again, the Miami O's inability to pass the ball coupled w/ weather.

Drew's never been good against the AFCE and it appears that nothing's changed, certainly not for the better.

You really know how to edit reality to make you feel like you are right. Manning has crappy games all over the place this year, Favre has sucked plenty, Garcia has sucked, McNabb has sucked, they all have.

They all should be cut.

AG75
12-09-2002, 01:31 PM
Originally posted by colin

You really know how to edit reality to make you feel like you are right. Manning has crappy games all over the place this year, Favre has sucked plenty, Garcia has sucked, McNabb has sucked, they all have.

They all should be cut.

No kidding. Everytime a QB has a bad game, cut him.

I would say that Jim Kelly to this day is my favorite all time Bill, but give me a break, he had some horrid games too. I recall the two oct 1992 back to back games at home against the Dolphins and on the road at the Raiders in which he stunk up the joint, especially the Dolphins game in which we got far behind and he tried to hard to make things happen, resulting in interceptions.

I won't even get into the last 3 superbowls we were in. With that said, he was imho one HELL of a QB who deserved to be inducted into the hall of fame.

All quarterbacks have lousy games. I have not seen enough bad stuff from Drew to jump "off" the bandwagon.

I think some people who were against Drew coming here period hide when he has a good game, but come out of the woodwork when he has a bad one to say "see, I told you so", or one week he is god and the next he needs to be cut.

If we did not have him, I think we would have been stuck in a rut this season with a similar record to last season. It wasn't just a strong arm Drew brought to Buffalo, but leadership as well.

For the record I happen to like Peerless Price too, yes even after that crucial fumble yesterday. I hope we can keep him. However, if he has to go to strengthen the defense than I will be sad, but still remain positive with another awesome reciever in Reed.