Buffalo Bills were the ONLY team to reject the NYC Super Bowl bid...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Michael82
    • Jul 2002

Buffalo Bills were the ONLY team to reject the NYC Super Bowl bid...

NFL owners yesterday offered another endorsement for the Jets' plans to build a West Side stadium, voting to award New York the 2010 Super Bowl. Only one catch: There has to be a stadium for the game to take place.

Yesterday's 31-1 vote, with only Buffalo Bills owner Ralph Wilson dissenting, comes on the heels of a unanimous vote from the league's Super Bowl committee on Tuesday. The owners are in Hawaii for their annual spring meetings.

If the Jets fail to win the rights to the stadium project, the NFL will award the game to another city, although there is no timetable for any decision.

Breaking News, data & opinions in business, sports, entertainment, travel, lifestyle, plus much more. Newsday.com is the leading news source for Long Island & NYC.
  • DaBillzAhDaShiznit
    • May 2004

As much as I hate NYC, I have to wonder what Ralph's motive for voting against it would be. Maybe he is just speaking for the rest of people of the state of NY who are sick of financing NYC and getting nothing in return.
    "Show me a good loser and I will show you an idiot"
    --Leo Durocher

Comment

• Michael82
      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by DaBillzAhDaShiznit
      As much as I hate NYC, I have to wonder what Ralph's motive for voting against it would be. Maybe he is just speaking for the rest of people of the state of NY who are sick of financing NYC and getting nothing in return.
      That's what I think it is and I'm glad. He knows that the stadium would be a huge waste of money in NY and that would probably stop us from ever getting a newer stadium in Buffalo.

Comment

• Mr. Miyagi
        Lecter's Little *****

• Sep 2002

Piss on the Jets

Comment

• LtBillsFan66
          • Jul 2002

Woohoo! I can't wait!

Comment

• Stewie
            Sarah Palin for President... of my pants!
            • Aug 2002

Right now, the Buffalo Bills are the only NFL team in New York State.

Hmm.. I wonder what Ralph's motivation might be?
            Originally posted by Topdog
            Damn , your're showing you're ignorance!
            Originally posted by mercyrule
            I love Weiner.
            also cheese

Comment

• Dicknoze69
              Just because my name is dicknoze,it doesn't mean I have balls in my mouth
              • Jul 2002

Besides, I don't think Tags would ever use the SB as leverage to get a new stadium built in Buffalo

God give me style and give me grace
              God put a smile upon my face

Comment

• Jets_Own_The_Jills
                I can poop out of my mouth. Right now I'm farting.
                • Oct 2003

Originally posted by DaBillzAhDaShiznit
                Financing NYC? Bwahaha! What an ignorant statement. Get a life son, we are New York States biggest welfare donors ... not recipients. We get back only a small fraction of what we dole out tax wise. Not like in Buffa-blow where you could almost directly credit NYC residents for building that decrepit stadium known as the Ralph. You guys are just like poor cranky old Mr. Wilson, so deluded you can't see the trees for the forest.
                Face it, we own you!!

Comment

• Ebenezer
                  Give me a minute...
                  • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Jets_Own_The_Jills
                  Financing NYC? Bwahaha! What an ignorant statement. Get a life son, we are New York States biggest welfare donors ... not recipients. We get back only a small fraction of what we dole out tax wise. Not like in Buffa-blow where you could almost directly credit NYC residents for building that decrepit stadium known as the Ralph. You guys are just like poor cranky old Mr. Wilson, so deluded you can't see the trees for the forest.
                  that is incorrect...the Buffalo News reported (albeit a couple of years ago) that Erie Co. gets back less than $1 for ever $1 collected.

sorry, no link.

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.

Comment

• Jets_Own_The_Jills
                    I can poop out of my mouth. Right now I'm farting.
                    • Oct 2003

Originally posted by Ebenezer
                    that is incorrect...the Buffalo News reported (albeit a couple of years ago) that Erie Co. gets back less than $1 for ever $1 collected.

sorry, no link.
                    I was speaking about the financing of your stadium, which was predominately paid for by the state - guess where they get most of their money?
                    Face it, we own you!!

Comment

• Stewie
                      Sarah Palin for President... of my pants!
                      • Aug 2002

NYC and Western NY would be equally better off if they 'federalized' the city.

New York State could lower their taxes dramatically, which would help everyone equally.

NYC could isolate and become its own economic, business and legal entity. Let them deal with the feds when they want to borrow money.
                      Originally posted by Topdog
                      Damn , your're showing you're ignorance!
                      I love Weiner.
                      also cheese

Comment

• Bill Brasky
                        Drives an ice cream truck covered in human skulls
                        • Jan 2004

"The Super Bowl is more than a football game. The Super Bowl will have a tremendous impact on the local economy, and generate revenue for the community."

Meanwhile, upstate ends up paying and receiving nothing in return, other than more debt. If the roles were flipped, people here in the city would be going ape****, but they're just destined to run us into the ground until New York State has nothing other than New York City and a giant wasteland to the north... ****ing sad.

Comment

• Bill Brasky
                          Drives an ice cream truck covered in human skulls
                          • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Jets_Own_The_Jills
                          Fine, how about upstate cuts off all your clean water and other resources cuz idiots down here in the city are too stupid to realize how much we take from upstate, yet all you do is ***** and moan about how bad the city gets it. Last time I checked, Erie county's deficit was the one that couldn't even afford toilet paper for local businesses or give people jobs. You think if that BS was going on in NYC people would just sit back and not do anything?! Hell no, state government would start collecting cash to bail the city out like usual. I could go on and on but it just proves how people down here in the city are ungrateful SOB's who fail to realize how they're screwing the entire state for their own benefit Keep screwing with the economy and driving people upstate out of work and you ignorant jerks will soon get what you want.

Comment

• Gunzlingr
                            • Jul 2002

ask TD and Honey about Minnesota doing the same for Minneapolis.
                            You think you're hot **** in a champagne glass, but you're really cold diarrhea in a Dixie cup!

Comment

• jamze132
                              Don’t hate…
                              • Jun 2003

As much as I dislike the Jets, they do deserve to have their own stadium. They are the homeless kids of the NFL.

Comment

Working...
                              X