How much time does the Buffalo franchise have...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bill Brasky
    Drives an ice cream truck covered in human skulls
    • Jan 2004

How much time does the Buffalo franchise have...

in Buffalo?

Businesses are leaving, taxes on the increase pissing off residents and forcing them to leave. If people keep leaving like this, how much longer do you think the Bills can realistically stay here??
  • OpIv37
    Acid Douching Asswipe
    • Sep 2002

dude I'm about to go take a midterm- last thing I need is this weighing on my mind.
    MiKiDo Facebook
    MiKiDo Website

Comment

• The Natrix
      • Jul 2002

If the Bills left, I'd have a lot more ambition to move out west or somewhere. I love being close enough to go to a lot of the games. If the Bills moved, I would completely forget about WNY.

Byrd.

Comment

• Bill Brasky
        • Jan 2004

Originally posted by The Natrix
        If the Bills left, I'd have a lot more ambition to move out west or somewhere. I love being close enough to go to a lot of the games. If the Bills moved, I would completely forget about WNY.
        With the way things are going it could be a harsh reality to face in the future.

Comment

• DaBillzAhDaShiznit
          • May 2004

I know you guys don't like to hear it, and we discussed this about a week ago, but I honestly believe that the Bills will only be here as long as Ralph is alive or their lease is still alive. Look for them to make a serious bid to relocate once Ralph is gone and whatever current lease they have expires. As I mentioned before, there is just too much money in the NFL business for Ralph's kids to give up. Non local ownership will be the death of the Buffalo Bills.
          "Show me a good loser and I will show you an idiot"
          --Leo Durocher

Comment

• gobuffalo2007
            All-Pro Zoner
            • Mar 2005

The Bills will leave when Ralph dies which wont be too much longer.

Comment

• Bill Brasky
              • Jan 2004

Originally posted by DaBillzAhDaShiznit
              I know you guys don't like to hear it, and we discussed this about a week ago, but I honestly believe that the Bills will only be here as long as Ralph is alive or their lease is still alive. Look for them to make a serious bid to relocate once Ralph is gone and whatever current lease they have expires. As I mentioned before, there is just too much money in the NFL business for Ralph's kids to give up. Non local ownership will be the death of the Buffalo Bills.
              Too bad the NFL no longer allows resident-ownership (IE: Green Bay)... the BillsZone could own them

Comment

• G. Host
                Banned
                • Jul 2002

Originally posted by jfreeman
                Too bad the NFL no longer allows resident-ownership (IE: Green Bay)... the BillsZone could own them
                No site which has ads for Dallass Cowpoke jerseys should own any part of the Bills

Comment

• jamze132
                  Don’t hate…
                  • Jun 2003

So if the Bills leave Buffalo and say, move out west, who do you cheer for? Do you follow the current players to the new location? or do you become another team's fan? I don't know what I would do or who I would cheer for if the Bills left.

And then say in 10 years or so, an owner brought a team back to Buffalo. What to do?

Comment

• Bill Brasky
                    • Jan 2004

Originally posted by jamze132
                    So if the Bills leave Buffalo and say, move out west, who do you cheer for? Do you follow the current players to the new location? or do you become another team's fan? I don't know what I would do or who I would cheer for if the Bills left.

And then say in 10 years or so, an owner brought a team back to Buffalo. What to do?
                    I think it's safe to say if the team leaves one will not be coming back. I really don't know what I'd do. I've grown up playing football all my life, rooting for the Bills all my life. If they left I don't even know if I could follow football.

Comment

• TedMock
                      • Jul 2002

I'd go full tilt toward college ball. I'll attend an occasional Ravens or Redskins game, but it'll be entertainment only (I'll always root against the Skins). I'm an avid college fan now, but that's where my allegiance would completely go. Go Terps!

Okay, enough of that! It's too depressing to even consider.

Comment

• capitolneal
                        • Sep 2003

Originally posted by jfreeman
                        in Buffalo?

Businesses are leaving, taxes on the increase pissing off residents and forcing them to leave. If people keep leaving like this, how much longer do you think the Bills can realistically stay here??
                        I don't see how they can stay much longer the county is asking for breaks (does that break the lease?) but damn I would hate to see buffalo with-out the Bills the ONLY reason they are there is because Ralph is Loyal, I don't want it to happen but the bills could be the next team in LA, and God forbid something happens to Ralph

Comment

• capitolneal
                          • Sep 2003

Still be a Fan where ever they moved hell I moved from Buffalo and it is just in me to be a fan of THAT team no matter where

Comment

• Pride
                            • Jul 2002

If the bills move... I honestly dont know who I would root for. It would have to be an underdog... browns maybe? Ravens? This is just too hard to think about.

Comment

• Gunzlingr
                              • Jul 2002

Green Bay or KC would have to be my new team I suppose. Probably KC, because I like the AFC.
                              You think you're hot **** in a champagne glass, but you're really cold diarrhea in a Dixie cup!

Comment

Working...
                              X