X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • The_Philster
    • Jul 2002

Ex-Bills star denies taking steroids

Former Buffalo Bills standout Kent Hull denied today that he took steroids during his NFL career and resents the implication by former teammate Jim Haslett.

Haslett, coach of the New Orleans Saints, told a group of reporters at the NFL owners meetings in Hawaii that he had taken the performance-enhancing drug for about six weeks early in his nine-year career in order to stay competitive.

Haslett said steroid use was rampant in the league when he played for Buffalo (1979-1986), estimating that half the players took them, including “all’’ the linemen and linebackers.
    ..more

The Buffalo Pro Cheer Blog...Positive coverage of Buffalo's Pro Cheerleaders since 2001!
  • juice
    • Aug 2003

If Haslett is claiming that Hull went from 270 to 305 in a week after his teammates got him "a little supplemental pill" - Then I agree with Hull that Haslett is a lying bastard.

He just succeeded in opening a can of worms and every 'roid burnout over the last 30 years that failed in the League is gonna start calling guys out and writing "Tell-All" Books.. If Canseco can get rich by doing it why wouldn't the next 'Roid Reject?

"Hey, I was always aggressive. I always had lots of energy, thats why my teammates on the Bills started calling me Juice" PLAYBOY Dec.'76

Comment

• Slim
      • Apr 2004

thats BS i dont care how much or many roids you are taking, you are not going to gain 35 lbs on them in a week

Comment

• Billz_fan
        • Jan 2003

Originally posted by slimschmittie
        thats BS i dont care how much or many roids you are taking, you are not going to gain 35 lbs on them in a week
        Absolutely true. It takes a good 3-6 weeks to start seeing significant weight gains and it still is not gonna be 35 pounds untill after 6-10 weeks depending on how high the dosages are and the cycle being taken.
        The Polian Curse

"They're a very special group of men. Cherish them, you will not see their like again."

February 4, 1993 Bill Polian at his closing press conferance after being dismissed as GM of the Buffalo Bills by Ralph Wilson.

Comment

Working...
        X