X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Romes
    • Jul 2002

Mularkey Speaks

The latest news, scores, stats, and analysis on the Bruins, Celtics, Patriots, Red Sox, and Revolution. Plus, more Boston and New England sports updates.

Buffalo Bills coach Mike Mularkey expects disgruntled running back Travis Henry to report for training camp if the team fails to meet his trade demand.
    ''I know he's frustrated,'' Mularkey told reporters during the NFL owners meetings in Hawaii this week. ''We have done everything we can to really honor his request for a trade. ... If it doesn't happen, Travis has a contract with us and is required to be here when camps come around. But I think there's still time.''
    I think Mularkey is just being PC here about expecting Henry to show up. The interesting part is when he says "there is still time" meaning that clearly there is still time to trade Henry. Like it has been reported earlier this will probably happen around draft time.

Mularkey suggested that he might address his offensive line needs from within. He has already discussed with center Trey Teague the possibility of switching him to left tackle a position Teague played at Denver before signing with Buffalo in 2002.

Another candidate at left tackle is Mike Gandy, a veteran free agent the Bills signed earlier this month.

Mularkey doesn't consider shifting right tackle Mike Williams to the left side as a permanent option. The No. 4 overall pick in the 2002 draft, Williams has started 42 games on the right side for Buffalo.
    So, if we don't get Shelton and a rookie can't beat out the veterans...our LT will be Teague or Gandy. Not MW, i know i had considered perhaps the possibility of shifting MW over, but it doesn't appear that is a possibility.

Mularkey is impressed by how determined Losman has been, spending the last two months at the team's headquarters working out, studying his position and learning the Bills playbook.

''He's in there on his own, which to me speaks volumes of his desire,'' Mularkey said. ''Whether he gets it done or not, I know at least that he's going to try. I think by the time camp comes around, you'll see teammates that were maybe on the fence one way or the other come around and will have open arms toward him."
    Just some more positive press about Losman.
    Originally posted by paladin warrior
    RALPH is drove me nut.
  • SoCalBillsFan
    Expert on Experts
    • Jul 2002

Well, looks like we need to hope the LJ for henry deal goes through if we don't want Teague or Gandy at tackle...

Comment

Working...
    X