X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • justasportsfan
    • Jul 2002

Bills, Jets& Pats are in trouble.

Asked if he was committed to A.J. Feeley as his starting quarterback in light of signing veteran backup Gus Frerotte, Saban launched into a less than impassioned defense of Feeley.

"Well, we don't really have a depth chart right now," Saban said. "We've never coached these guys. We've never been on the field. Everybody wants to know who the starting this is and the starting that is. I mean, basically we're going to give Jay Fielder every opportunity to be our quarterback. That's all I ever said about that. And we want to work very hard to develop him."

Which is going to be difficult, given that Fiedler, the Dolphins starter for most of the past five seasons, signed as a backup with the Jets earlier this month.

sacrifice1
    https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/
  • BuffaloJayhawk
    • Aug 2004

saban must be tired.
    http://www.queencityfc.com/Index.asp <-- Buffalo's Pro Soccer Club!

Comment

• justasportsfan
      • Jul 2002

oops. should've been in the main forum before getting moved to smack.
      sacrifice1
      https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• mybills
        81 st zoner
        • Jul 2002

dumbass!

not you, justa, him!
        I didn't come here to fight, I hate fighting. Life is way too short to spend it on fighting! Go fight with yourself, one of you will eventually win!

Comment

• gobuffalo2007
          All-Pro Zoner
          • Mar 2005

The Dolphins are in trouble too they dont have all there draft picks and they have to release some defensive players for space under the cap.

Comment

• Michael82
            • Jul 2002

That's hilarious. Maybe he will be another Gregg.

Comment

• Rhettoric
              • Mar 2005

At least Saban is in the right century if he would have said Marino, I would seriously questioned his mental health. Never the less I am going to love rubbing this in the faces my fin fan friends
              "Is his junk out?....Now it's a party."

Comment

• Philagape
                WIN NOW
                • Jul 2002

I hear the guy he really wants is Bob Griese.
                "It is better to be divided by truth than to be united by error." -- Martin Luther

"Those who appease the crocodile will simply be eaten last." -- Winston Churchill

2003 BZ Pick Em Champion
                2004 BZ Big Money League Champion

Comment

• Samphin1
                  • Mar 2004

We all knwo it is going to be a position up for grabs. I mean both Woodley and Strock are good and both may just have to split time....

I am thinking it may have been a typo by the reporter or a joke on Saban's side....or he was just tired, whatever no biggy.

Comment

• im4bflo
                    the EPITOMY of PATHETIC
                    • Sep 2003

F the Fish

F your Fish, they're going to be the AFC East's beeotch for years.
                    Their fans suck, and their team is far from being a threat to anybody.
                    Saban hasn't done a thing yet, we'll find out how smart he is.

Comment

• jamze132
                      Don’t hate…
                      • Jun 2003

Originally posted by im4bflo
                      F your Fish, they're going to be the AFC East's beeotch for years.
                      Their fans suck
                      I have to agree an that. It seems like they all have mullets.

Comment

• finsrclowns
                        • Apr 2004

Maybe the Giants couldn't find a big enough helmet for his ears so they gave him back.
                        finsrclowns

Comment

• GreenMachine
                          • Sep 2004

Just like the Giants, Cowboys, and Eagles were in trouble when Spurrier went to Washington!

The Phins are a joke of a team that might win 4 games this year.

Comment

• Michael82
                            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by GreenMachine
                            Just like the Giants, Cowboys, and Eagles were in trouble when Spurrier went to Washington!

The Phins are a joke of a team that might win 4 games this year.
                            and how about when Butch Davis went to Cleveland....I bet all the Cincy, Balt, and Pitt fans were scared then.

Comment

• TigerJ
                              • Jul 2002

That was funny, but in all seriousness, I don't read a lot into it. If it was not a reporter's typo, Saban was just tired and miss spoke. Saban is a very bright coach. His saving grace is however, he is very difficult for people to get along with, so hopefully he'll have wholesale mutiny on his hands before the Dolphins are to the point where they might do some damage in the AFC East.
                              I've made up my mind. Don't confuse me with the facts.

I'm the most reasonable poster here. If you don't agree, I'll be forced to have a hissy fit.

Comment

Working...
                              X