PDA

View Full Version : My view on the changing of the guard...

Yasgur's Farm
03-25-2005, 11:21 AM
There will be a transition beginning this year...

Basically the opponents D will determine who our #1 and #2 WR's are by virtue of who they choose to double. There will be a 2 fold affect if D's begin to double Evans.

1) Evans production will initially fall off slightly... But, unlike Peerless Price, he has the speed, size, hands and talent to overcome and become a top tier WR.

2) Moulds production will initially increase due to the fact that he's seeing less double coverage thrown his way.

If Moulds can handle the changing of the guard, we'll have 2 or 3 years of both catching over 80 balls each.

These are exciting times to be a Bills fan!!

Oppps... almost forgot the IMO disclaimer!

The King
03-25-2005, 11:30 AM
I agree. But I think one thing to keep in mind is the kind of passing game we are going to run. I think Moulds will be more productive going over the middle and in the short game. Where Evans is built to play the longer game. Both should still be productive. But I dont think you can use last years passing offense as an example of whats to come I think it will look quite different.

feelthepain
03-25-2005, 11:47 AM
Who says that your WR's are good enough to be doubled especialy with a rookie QB and a less then impressive O-line? I think you need to realize the chances of your O sacring anybody is slim at best. Maybe another year or two if you add some talent to the Oline. But your going to have a long season if you think your team will be a force this year.

Iehoshua
03-25-2005, 11:49 AM
But your going to have a long season if you think your team will be a force this year.
Likewise, oh fishy one!
;)

btw it's
you're

OpIv37
03-25-2005, 11:51 AM
I don't think our receivers matter as long as we have this swiss cheese o line- JP will have no time to throw.

feelthepain
03-25-2005, 11:53 AM
Likewise, oh fishy one!
;)

btw it's
you're
I never said we would be a great team this year, and being a little ticky-tak over the grammar aren't we?

Yasgur's Farm
03-25-2005, 11:54 AM
:fishing: Sniff, sniff... BAD FISH... Gotta throw it back.

buffmaniac
03-25-2005, 11:55 AM
I think you need to realize the chances of your O sacring anybody is slim at best. Maybe another year or two if you add some talent to the Oline. But your going to have a long season if you think your team will be a force this year.

OK buddy.

Well lets see we have Willis McGahee. He is an absolute beast and will only get better. You remember when he ran over 100yds against you guys and threw Jason Taylor to the ground like a little girl. We have E-Moulds who is still a very good WR. And you must know this since he owns the dolphins secondary. And then there is Lee Evans who down the stretch last year was incredible. You remember when he had 4 catches for 100yds and 2tds against you guys last year.

And now you have Losman who whenever a play breaks down he will be able to make something happen with his legs. Just another dimension for our offense. As for our O-line, we only lost 1 player and the offseason isn't over yet there is still a good chance will make upgrades there as well.

Our offense will be fine. And to go along with our top 5 defense and top 5 STs I think we will be a force.

Definitely better than the Dolphins who have no QB, no RB, no Oline, average WRs, and an aging defense.

Enough said

gobuffalo2007
03-25-2005, 11:55 AM
:fishing: Sniff, sniff... BAD FISH... Gotta throw it back.
LOL!:posrep:

Sportsuser101
03-25-2005, 12:08 PM
Who says that your WR's are good enough to be doubled especialy with a rookie QB and a less then impressive O-line? I think you need to realize the chances of your O sacring anybody is slim at best. Maybe another year or two if you add some talent to the Oline. But your going to have a long season if you think your team will be a force this year.
We were a force last year. We've gotten better. We did have 9 wins last year and we were terrible in the beginning of the year.

justasportsfan
03-25-2005, 01:01 PM
haha! After what we did to your team , I don't think you should be talking. Don't worry, we have more than just Moulds, Evans, Reed, Aiken, Fast Freddie as wr's when we play you. I seem to remember Spikes and co. were pretty good receivers when ever we play AJ. He seems to make great receivers out of defenders in the NFL. :loser:

I think you should worry about your team first. Somebody needs to tell Saban that Fiedler is no longer w/ the fins and has since signed w/ the Jets :crazy:

"Well, we don't really have a depth chart right now," Saban said. "We've never coached these guys. We've never been on the field. Everybody wants to know who the starting this is and the starting that is. I mean, basically we're going to give Jay Fielder every opportunity to be our quarterback. That's all I ever said about that. And we want to work very hard to develop him."

Which is going to be difficult, given that Fiedler, the Dolphins starter for most of the past five seasons, signed as a backup with the Jets earlier this month.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_ylc=X3oDMTBpcmc2NWVyBF9TAzI1NjY0ODI1BHNlYwNvZQ--?slug=cnnsi-changesinminne&prov=cnnsi&type=lgns

jpdex12
03-25-2005, 01:33 PM
:squish: Miami sucks! Quit taking your frustration out on others, FishBoy!

BTW, what does "feelthepain" mean? The pain of LOSING?:loser:

HAMMER
03-25-2005, 01:38 PM
I never said we would be a great team this year, and being a little ticky-tak over the grammar aren't we?

tack

feelthepain
03-25-2005, 02:05 PM
This post is for all the haters above, not the ones that actually want to talk football.

Ahh, nothing like trying to post honestly on this site. The funny part is you know your team isn't going anywhere next year and you don't like it when someone especialy a rival fan points it out. Last year was last year, what the scores were then aren't going to be the scores this year. Your throwing things out like "we kicked your butt last year" means nothing, yet you throw it out there anyways. Wow real scary stuff there. Does anyone on this site ever talk football that doesn't involve how great the Bills are? Are any of the fans here adults??? Because if you look at the responses to my post you'd think that none of you could have an adult conversation even if YOU'RE lives depended on it. Stop with the childish INSULTS remarks and respond like grownups. I come here not to trash talk but to talk football and it's like you give no respect simply because I'm not a Bills fan if that isn't childish I don't know what is I'm not here to disrepect or insult this is football talk not a, "my dad can beat up your dad" kinda of site......or is it?

Dicknoze69
03-25-2005, 02:27 PM
This post is for all the haters above, not the ones that actually want to talk football.

Ahh, nothing like trying to post honestly on this site. The funny part is you know your team isn't going anywhere next year and you don't like it when someone especialy a rival fan points it out. Last year was last year, what the scores were then aren't going to be the scores this year. Your throwing things out like "we kicked your butt last year" means nothing, yet you throw it out there anyways. Wow real scary stuff there. Does anyone on this site ever talk football that doesn't involve how great the Bills are? Are any of the fans here adults??? Because if you look at the responses to my post you'd think that none of you could have an adult conversation even if YOU'RE lives depended on it. Stop with the childish INSULTS remarks and respond like grownups. I come here not to trash talk but to talk football and it's like you give no respect simply because I'm not a Bills fan if that isn't childish I don't know what is I'm not here to disrepect or insult this is football talk not a, "my dad can beat up your dad" kinda of site......or is it?

You get a lot of crap because it appears that you have a hard time being objective about the Bills. I realize we aren't a great team, but I feel that we are a slightly above-average team with a very high ceiling. We have the potential to be very good next year.

Our offensive line is not significantly worse than year, despite what the media and pessimists proclaim. We lost a decent LT, and he will be replaced. Jennings wasn't good enough to warrant his contract demands, and we will get very similar production cheaper whether it's Shelton, TT, or a rookie.

The rookie QB will have his ups and downs, but he is not a downgrade. If anything, Drew played like a rookie at times, so it may be a wash.

I find it hard to believe that you really think we are awful, especially with how we closed the season. You're letting your bias get in the way.

ScottLawrence
03-25-2005, 02:30 PM
and a less then impressive O-line?

I disagree.

I thought our offensive line was actually decent in protecting Drew Bledsoe at the end of the year.

They were a solid pass blocking group, but average to bad when it came to run blocking.

Who says that your WR's are good enough to be doubled especialy with a rookie QB

Last year suggests our WR's are good enough to be doubled......and what does a rookie QB have to do with it?

I think you need to realize the chances of your O sacring anybody is slim at best.

Again I disagree.

When you have a runningback like Willis McGahee, and two threats at WR, your offense will be scary.

Maybe another year or two if you add some talent to the Oline

I don't see whats wrong with our offensive line now outside of a move or two.

THey did a very good job of protecting the most immobile quaterback in the league last year in Drew Bledsoe...... Im sure they will be fine protecting a mobile one like JP Losman.

feelthepain
03-25-2005, 03:41 PM
The last two responses were much better and very football oriented, Thank you! As for the way I respond giving the Bills little respect...I disagree, it may not be what you consider realistic or repectful, but I am a realist to the bitter end! If you go to any of the sites I post on for Fin fans you'll also see that I am just as realistic about my team. I don't think at this point the fins are anything special, But we have had several doulble digit wins the last five years and the Bills haven't. Does this mean the Bills won't have double digit wins next year?? No, my theory is based on what is most likely to happen and not what I want to happen or what I think will happen. Agree or diagree thats fine and thats the idea behind these forums.

I'm not going to come here and post what fans want me to post post just so I will be accepted. I think thats an insult to the knowledge of the fans here and I'm sure the fans here would prefer to be given respect even if it's not flattering to their team. I like going to rival sites because your as familiar with my team as I am with yours and we have much in common. It only makes sense that I come here to talk football. Fans here don't have to like everything I write or agree with it, but I will not disrepect or trash talk. I will defend and voice my opinion but thats nothing more then any fan here does.The bottom line is I love football and I love talking football. What is the point in talking football if everyone is gonna spend all their time being a suck up just because they are not the fan of the team who's site your on? I would hope I can be a part of this site for a long time, after all we all love football that's all that really matters.

Yasgur's Farm
03-25-2005, 04:31 PM
I don't think at this point the fins are anything special, But we have had several doulble digit wins the last five years and the Bills haven't. 2004...
Bills 38-14 over Cards... 24 points
Bills 37-17 over Rams... 20 points
Bills 38-9 over Seahawks... 29 points
Bills 42-32 over Dolphins... 10 points
Bills 37-7 over Bengals... 30 points
Bills 41-7 over 49ers... 34 points
That's 6 double digit victories in 2004 alone including one over the blow holes.

Try again?

Throne Logic
03-25-2005, 04:42 PM
That's 6 double digit victories in 2004 alone including one over the blow holes.

Try again?

Um, four of those six teams are picking in the single digits in the upcoming draft for a reason . . . The other two are among the most inconsistent teams in the league. Not really much for us to be bragging about here.

Yasgur's Farm
03-25-2005, 04:44 PM
Um, four of those six teams are picking in the single digits in the upcoming draft for a reason . . . The other two are among the most inconsistent teams in the league. Not really much for us to be bragging about here.Do you have to take it out of the context of feelthepain's quote?

Yasgur's Farm
03-25-2005, 05:17 PM
In addition we beat those bottom dwelling teams by an average of 24.5 points while scoring an average of 38.8 points and giving up an average of 14.3. That's impressive any way you wanna look at it.

BTW... 4 of those 6 games were on the road.

feelthepain
03-25-2005, 06:29 PM

Try again?
I must have not made it clear. I was refering to wins and loses not points per game!

Slim
03-25-2005, 06:47 PM
I must have not made it clear. I was refering to wins and loses not points per game!

Lets see which team wins 10 games next....

The bills were 1 win away from a 10 win season the dolphins werent even remotley close. Lets stop focusing on something thats already happened.. thats not exiting beacuse we already know what happens. on the other hand the future is exiting and i can see the bills haing plenty of 10 win seasons....

buffmaniac
03-25-2005, 07:47 PM
FeelThePain

The way you are trash talking someone would think the Dolphins just got done winning the Super Bowl or at least had a good season.

You need to take a hard look at your own team because they truly suck and will continue to do so for quite some time. I mean honestly the fish have one of the worst offenses in football right now and your defense is over-the-hill.

feelthepain
03-25-2005, 08:16 PM
FeelThePain

The way you are trash talking someone would think the Dolphins just got done winning the Super Bowl or at least had a good season.

You need to take a hard look at your own team because they truly suck and will continue to do so for quite some time. I mean honestly the fish have one of the worst offenses in football right now and your defense is over-the-hill.

Did you read my post from above?
I see trying to reason on this site is pointless! Thats a shame, seems like the children dominate this site.

buffmaniac
03-25-2005, 09:04 PM
Did you read my post from above?
I see trying to reason on this site is pointless! Thats a shame, seems like the children dominate this site.

You haven't made a valid point since you've been here.

jpdex12
03-26-2005, 12:53 AM
Um, four of those six teams are picking in the single digits in the upcoming draft for a reason . . . The other two are among the most inconsistent teams in the league. Not really much for us to be bragging about here.
A win is a win...what the hell more do you want? With parody in today's league, you cannot take any win for granted! Any dumby would not take this for granted the way that you just did.
Did you forget that the stinking Dolphins beat the Pats last year? Point proven!

jpdex12
03-26-2005, 12:57 AM
It's 'losses' not loses. Jesus, try learning grammar before you talk smack on this website. How old are you? We will excuse you're grammar if you are still in grade school!

feelthepain
03-26-2005, 01:31 AM
It's 'losses' not loses. Jesus, try learning grammar before you talk smack on this website. How old are you? We will excuse you're grammar if you are still in grade school!

I guess when talking football on a "football site" isn't ever gonna happen all you can do is look for things like misspelled words, I misspell one word and you fly off the handle???! Obviously no one on this site wants to do anything but act like jerks, you people are ridiculous. I try to show you respect and 90% of you are just completely immature. Before this thread what did I do or say to insult your precious team????????????

Yasgur's Farm
03-26-2005, 07:25 AM
Who says that your WR's are good enough to be doubled especialy with a rookie QB and a less then impressive O-line? I think you need to realize the chances of your O sacring anybody is slim at best. Maybe another year or two if you add some talent to the Oline. But your going to have a long season if you think your team will be a force this year.Your very 1st post on this thread. Pure 100%, inject it in your arm smack. Yet all your doing is denying you talk smack.:nono:

helmetguy
03-26-2005, 07:52 AM
Just for the record, jpdex, the word is "parity." That is, unless you're (contraction for 'you are,' feelthepain) discussing Miami. The way Miami plays football is a parody of the game.

jamze132
03-26-2005, 09:28 AM
Listen people. This site should be open and subject to objection for all fans of all teams. The Dolphins are gay.

ScottLawrence
03-26-2005, 09:35 AM
I guess when talking football on a "football site" isn't ever gonna happen all you can do is look for things like misspelled words, I misspell one word and you fly off the handle???! Obviously no one on this site wants to do anything but act like jerks, you people are ridiculous. I try to show you respect and 90% of you are just completely immature. Before this thread what did I do or say to insult your precious team????????????

Well, you still didn't counter my post.

and a less then impressive O-line?

I disagree.

I thought our offensive line was actually decent in protecting Drew Bledsoe at the end of the year.

They were a solid pass blocking group, but average to bad when it came to run blocking.

Quote:
Who says that your WR's are good enough to be doubled especialy with a rookie QB

Last year suggests our WR's are good enough to be doubled......and what does a rookie QB have to do with it?

Quote:
I think you need to realize the chances of your O sacring anybody is slim at best.

Again I disagree.

When you have a runningback like Willis McGahee, and two threats at WR, your offense will be scary.

Quote:
Maybe another year or two if you add some talent to the Oline

THey did a very good job of protecting the most immobile quaterback in the league last year in Drew Bledsoe...... Im sure they will be fine protecting a mobile one like JP Losman.

jpdex12
03-26-2005, 09:35 AM
Just for the record, jpdex, the word is "parity." That is, unless you're (contraction for 'you are,' feelthepain) discussing Miami. The way Miami plays football is a parody of the game.
ya got me! At least it was by a Buffalo fan. I was a little intoxicated last night writing that message after poker night.:beer: I'm lucky that I didn't get a PWI (Posting While Intoxicated) for that blunder. Still, no excuse!

jamze132
03-26-2005, 09:39 AM
ya got me! At least it was by a Buffalo fan. I was a little intoxicated last night writing that message after poker night.:beer: I'm lucky that I didn't get a PWI (Posting While Intoxicated) for that blunder. Still, no excuse!
Yeah, bad.

jpdex12
03-26-2005, 09:53 AM
OK, I almost fell out of my chair last night when I read above my avy that I "squats to pee". How do I change that? Anyone know?

Yasgur's Farm
03-26-2005, 10:24 AM
OK, I almost fell out of my chair last night when I read above my avy that I "squats to pee". How do I change that? Anyone know?LMAO... I have no idea!

jpdex12
03-26-2005, 10:29 AM
LMAO... I have no idea!Damn...I gotta get that changed! I'd at least like to be "stands to crap".

The_Philster
03-26-2005, 10:52 AM
Damn...I gotta get that changed! I'd at least like to be "stands to crap".

That wouldn't make any sense :shakeno:

jpdex12
03-26-2005, 11:42 AM
That wouldn't make any sense :shakeno:
The reverse of squats to pee! I cannot make any sense how someone else dropped me a new saying under my username either and now I can't figure out how to change it. God, that's like having a bad tatoo!

The_Philster
03-26-2005, 11:49 AM
The reverse of squats to pee! I cannot make any sense how someone else dropped me a new saying under my username either and now I can't figure out how to change it. God, that's like having a bad tatoo!

You're missing the whole joke about your title :shakeno:
"squats to pee" is another way of saying you're a girl
Who stands to crap? :huh:

Yasgur's Farm
03-26-2005, 12:12 PM
Who stands to crap? :huh:Do you mind telling me how to edit this text? I see you've done it. PM me if you like.

jpdex12
03-26-2005, 02:44 PM
Who stands to crap? :huh:
I got the joke Phil. You're forgettting that horses stand to crap.

The_Philster
03-26-2005, 03:18 PM
I got the joke Phil. You're forgettting that horses stand to crap.

so you wanna be a horse? :laughter:

jpdex12
03-26-2005, 04:07 PM
so you wanna be a horse? :laughter:
It's better than something that squats to pee. Wow, where's this thread going?
Willis is a horse....more like a human wrecking ball.:horsecrap

feelthepain
03-26-2005, 11:29 PM
I disagree.

[QUOTE]

While I don't have the numbers your line put up last year, I do know that your line has been your weakness on O, that and your QB. You lose Jennings and he may not be a superstar but the guy was signed by another team so he must have some value as a solid starter. Everyone on this site knows your line is not something to be proud of. Bledsoe may be slow but he is a veteran QB that still has skills. You can blame him if you want, but I don't here many Bill fans knock him when they are rubing in our face how they beat us twice last year. So which is it? Does he suck or is he great? Seems to me the knowledgeable fans here hate him unless they want to brag about beating another team then the hate never comes out for Bledsoe....thats a bit wishy- washy if you ask me.

Well IF your line can pass protect and IF your QB has an ability to read D's then you WR's should be doubled, but that's not the case. Moulds is a veteran that's not what he used to be and your 2nd year WR Evans is a good reciever, but he still shouldn't scare anybody at this point. The biggest problem is your QB. No one including the most knowledgeable Bill fan knows what he can do and teams will game plan him. They will try to disrupt his timing. All you have to do as a D to slow a passing game and make life easy for a secondary is pressure the QB. Losman is in for a long year like it or not. You can love him all you want but he's not playing for the Pats under their system with the line they have and a coach that's a football god. Losman will have some good games I'm sure of that, but he is not so special that he will play great football every week.

Again I disagree.

Yes, but your missing the most important part, QB! He is young and he wasn't drafted where Rivers and Manning were drafted for a reason. Not to say Losman won't be an effective QB at some point ,but he's basically a rookie and in a system with a line that has the potenial to struggle the odds are not in his favor. You don't have one of the better lines in the league and your rookie won't have the advantadge that Big Ben had last year you know it and I know it. So whatever favored your WR's will most likely be negated by the unsteady performance of your inexperienced QB. Willis is a good back I watched play all through college and my team is the Canes...I think I know what he brings to the table, but doing it two years in a row will be more impressive. He too will suffer the sophmore curse and teams will game plan him talk to me after the probow, if he makes it.

Your line played better for sure but that doesn't mean they are a playoff line!!! You lose Jennings and there isn't much talent at tackle this year in the draft, heck there isn't much guard or Center help there either. Your GM has done nothing to help the line only let it get a little worse, and you don't have a first rd pick to at least move up a few spots with to get one of the few linemen there are. Face it your not in position to make a run, not this year. All the knowledgeable fans here know it, and I will get crap for saying it.

John from Hemet
03-27-2005, 12:31 AM
The bills offensive line is swiss cheese.......

But....THE OFFSEASON ISN'T OVER YET

A couple of points to make fish friend:

- First...you are on a BILLS BOARD....so..yeah...the posts are generally going to be pro bills. I have been to finheaven and the homorism here is SMALL in comparison to some of your fish brothers/sisters.....

- Second....is there anything WRONG with someone other then an adult bills fan posting on a bills board (not talking about me....although I wish I was young like some of the young bucks of the board I am 36)

- Third.....THE OFFSEASON IS NOT OVER YET....let us keep in mind that the only thing that changes from our line left side....the center, right guard, and right tackle all return in tact. Jonas Jennings is the big loss because of his pass protection....left guard needed to be upgraded anyway.....

BUT

Should the bills manage to land Shelton we have upgraded in the run department (he is a upgrade over J. Jennings in that area) but lose a little bit in pass protection (which makes it a wash..and can be overcome by keeping a TE in on that side) this is a very good draft of guards and we will probably also bring in a free agent LG as well.

We need to shore up the pieces...but to automatically count the O Line bad before we have seen day one of training came is a stretch...a BIG stretch.....