Am I the only one who doesen't want to go after Peerless in the off season?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Ð
    1-800-SAD-GOAT
    • Jul 2002

Am I the only one who doesen't want to go after Peerless in the off season?

After all the stoopid penalties in earlier games and the key fumble today....
  • CalBillsFan
    • Jul 2002

I'd like to keep him after the OT TD in Minesota, or the 70 yard TD catch and run last week, or the 1,000 yards recieving for the season.

Shoot, is it only Bills fans that get upset at players for not being perfect?

I say lets keep peerless, fix our defense, get a little depth for special teams and watch our team get to the playoffs next year. Remember people we were 3-13 last year. This team IS improving. Its more than a one year process.
    Originally posted by paladin warrior
    RALPH is drove me nut.

Comment

• BigDoug
      1-800-SAD-GOAT
      • Jul 2002

Insert Josh Reed or (any receiver name goes here) into the # 2 spot & the same stats would have happened.

He's far from perfect....he makes the same dumb mistakes i.e. stupid penalties over & over again & costs the team.

If we sign him again, mark my words he'll be the next Randy Moss head-case.

Comment

Josh Reed is more than just a roster filler, Reed is the next... Reed! (andre!)

He has incredible potential, and should he have the 2nd WR slot next year, he will have a breakout year like no other.

Comment

• CalBillsFan
          • Jul 2002

Yes, he does have a temper, I agree, but Peerless has sure hands (how many balls did you see him drop this year?), he has blazing speed (ex. Minesota and Miami plays), he has great moves (TD catch against Houston), Peerless is not a dime-a-dozen reciever.

That being said, if he costs too much, I'd rather fix our defense before we sign him, but if he is the right price. We should bring him back.

Randy has always had a history of problems off the field. To my knowledge, Peerless just gets really fired up during games and can lose it sometimes. If he can control it I like that fire in players. The type of "head case" Moss and Price are, are two completley different things.
          Originally posted by paladin warrior
          RALPH is drove me nut.

Comment

• BigDoug
            1-800-SAD-GOAT
            • Jul 2002

Just so you don't misunderstand, I have no problems with Reed...It's Price who I think will be the next Moss.

Comment

• venis2k1
              Youboty can hope
              • Jul 2002

peerless is great...are you guys crazy.

Comment

• BigDoug
                1-800-SAD-GOAT
                • Jul 2002

yeah, he's a great frickin head case who's gonnna want megabucks next year

Comment

• The_Philster
                  • Jul 2002

Don't break the bank to sign him because we need more help on Defense, but we should try to keep him here.
                  The Buffalo Pro Cheer Blog...Positive coverage of Buffalo's Pro Cheerleaders since 2001!

Comment

• lunatic_bills_fan
                    • Oct 2002

I dunno, but maybe with Price gone, someone will believe more in the running game. That will only do good things for u, but I do like what price has done and I do believe that after the catch, he can do things alot of other recievers cannot.

Comment

• don137
                      • Jul 2002

I have never been a fan of Peerless Price as a person. I believe he has a me first mentality over a team guy. Yes, he is a great athlete but he does make many costly "rookie" mistakes at key times. Teams will start to play in his head more and more. I wouldn't be opposed to resigning him but I think defense needs to be addresses first. Our defense flat out sucks. If the price is right I would sign him but I would not spend more than 3.5 million.

Comment

• German
                        It doesn't make me any less of a man.
                        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by BigDoug
                        yeah, he's a great frickin head case who's gonnna want megabucks next year
                        Look at it this way. The more stupid stuff he pulls (penalties, fumbles) the cheaper it will be to resign him.
                        I think his additude will normalize after he is signed.
                        Right now he wants to show off to get that big deal.

Comment

• BledsoeTOreedfor6
                          • Jul 2002

I don't really care if he goes. I agree with Doug. Plug Josh Reed in as a starter and he will put up big #'s too.

If they re-sign Price than drafting Reed when we needed DL help was a really stupid move.

Let Price go and use the $$$$ to fix this rotten Defense

Comment

• Ebenezer
                            Give me a minute...
                            • Jul 2002

I've had enough of him and at the $$ figure he'll command...I'd be among the first to help him to the door.

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.

Comment

• BledsoeTOreedfor6
                              • Jul 2002

Also...................I think Peerless is the Randy Moss type that would not play as hard once he has a big contract signed. I am so sick of his attitude. He talks too much. Some dumb GM will throw big money at him and he'll be a bust IMO

Comment

Working...
                              X