PDA

View Full Version : Am I the only one who doesen't want to go after Peerless in the off season?

Ð
12-08-2002, 09:52 PM
After all the stoopid penalties in earlier games and the key fumble today....

Romes
12-08-2002, 09:59 PM
I'd like to keep him after the OT TD in Minesota, or the 70 yard TD catch and run last week, or the 1,000 yards recieving for the season.

Shoot, is it only Bills fans that get upset at players for not being perfect?

I say lets keep peerless, fix our defense, get a little depth for special teams and watch our team get to the playoffs next year. Remember people we were 3-13 last year. This team IS improving. Its more than a one year process.

Ð
12-08-2002, 10:06 PM
Insert Josh Reed or (any receiver name goes here) into the # 2 spot & the same stats would have happened.

He's far from perfect....he makes the same dumb mistakes i.e. stupid penalties over & over again & costs the team.

If we sign him again, mark my words he'll be the next Randy Moss head-case.

Jman
12-08-2002, 10:10 PM
Josh Reed is more than just a roster filler, Reed is the next... Reed! (andre!)

He has incredible potential, and should he have the 2nd WR slot next year, he will have a breakout year like no other.

Romes
12-08-2002, 10:18 PM
Yes, he does have a temper, I agree, but Peerless has sure hands (how many balls did you see him drop this year?), he has blazing speed (ex. Minesota and Miami plays), he has great moves (TD catch against Houston), Peerless is not a dime-a-dozen reciever.

That being said, if he costs too much, I'd rather fix our defense before we sign him, but if he is the right price. We should bring him back.

Randy has always had a history of problems off the field. To my knowledge, Peerless just gets really fired up during games and can lose it sometimes. If he can control it I like that fire in players. The type of "head case" Moss and Price are, are two completley different things.

Ð
12-08-2002, 10:20 PM
Just so you don't misunderstand, I have no problems with Reed...It's Price who I think will be the next Moss.

venis2k1
12-08-2002, 10:23 PM
peerless is great...are you guys crazy.

Ð
12-08-2002, 10:24 PM
yeah, he's a great frickin head case who's gonnna want megabucks next year

The_Philster
12-09-2002, 04:11 AM
Don't break the bank to sign him because we need more help on Defense, but we should try to keep him here.

lunatic_bills_fan
12-09-2002, 04:52 AM
I dunno, but maybe with Price gone, someone will believe more in the running game. That will only do good things for u, but I do like what price has done and I do believe that after the catch, he can do things alot of other recievers cannot.

don137
12-09-2002, 05:17 AM
I have never been a fan of Peerless Price as a person. I believe he has a me first mentality over a team guy. Yes, he is a great athlete but he does make many costly "rookie" mistakes at key times. Teams will start to play in his head more and more. I wouldn't be opposed to resigning him but I think defense needs to be addresses first. Our defense flat out sucks. If the price is right I would sign him but I would not spend more than 3.5 million.

German
12-09-2002, 08:08 AM
Originally posted by BigDoug
yeah, he's a great frickin head case who's gonnna want megabucks next year

Look at it this way. The more stupid stuff he pulls (penalties, fumbles) the cheaper it will be to resign him.
I think his additude will normalize after he is signed.
Right now he wants to show off to get that big deal.

Novacane
12-09-2002, 08:14 AM
I don't really care if he goes. I agree with Doug. Plug Josh Reed in as a starter and he will put up big #'s too.

If they re-sign Price than drafting Reed when we needed DL help was a really stupid move.

Let Price go and use the $$$$ to fix this rotten Defense

Ebenezer
12-09-2002, 08:28 AM
I've had enough of him and at the $$ figure he'll command...I'd be among the first to help him to the door.

Novacane
12-09-2002, 08:45 AM
Also...................I think Peerless is the Randy Moss type that would not play as hard once he has a big contract signed. I am so sick of his attitude. He talks too much. Some dumb GM will throw big money at him and he'll be a bust IMO

lunatic_bills_fan
12-09-2002, 09:31 AM
I think we should all keep in mind that none of us know what kind of money he wants. I mean if he decides to stay a Bill for a reasonable amount than we may all change our tone. Never Know.

Earthquake Enyart
12-09-2002, 10:36 AM
At least he listened to me and stopped with the stupid first down signalling.

What ever money goes to Peerless is money that doesn't go to the defense. That's the rub. Do we really need Price, or do we need DL, LB's more?

Akhippo
12-09-2002, 10:46 AM
I dont think if Price gets the big payday that his play will suffer. You can see on the field that he is a competitor. I like his fiesty attitude. And to say that teams will start getting into his head more. Hes been this way since hes been in the league. If teams start now, there a little behind. Price isnt even in the same league as Moss as far as head cases go. I dont think J Reed could of outran the Miami DBs like Price. Id resign him in an instant if the moneys right. Price is a sure thing. Reed may be, or he may not. If your willing to throw that out the door, not including his contract price, but as some people have said, they dont like his attitude, thats insane.

ublinkwescore
12-09-2002, 11:29 AM
We've got a lot of cap room at the end of year. We should be able to sign price, and still spend some money on the D - but we need to make sure we negotiate Price down as far as we can - I'm pretty sure that he wants to stay a Bill considering the fact that he and Moulds give Dcoordinators nightmares together with Bledsoe throwing to them. we're only 2 or 3 players on D away from being good, if not great.

The Natrix
12-09-2002, 02:32 PM
How can you honestly say that you want Price gone. That is just plain stupid. He has been a huge part of our offense, and we should pay him for being so. I really think we should pay him whatever it takes as long is its not in the top 5 for WR's. I believe he is the 6th - 8th best receiver in the NFL and will only get better. His hands are magnificent, his speed is blazing, his route running superb and his YAC ability unmatched.

Nevertheless, if he goes I won't be to upset because I think Moulds and Reed will be adaquate and our defense needs help to say the least. But again, I do not feel that this justifies letting him go without hearing the Price or watching this great receiver in the final three games.

I find it funny that because of a penalty and a fumble some call for his head, but when Bledsoe stinks up the joint constantly and someone like wys points it out, you are all over him.

How can you compare Peerless to Moss? Watch JJamezzes Miami highlight video. Price is on the sidelines giving props to Moulds. Price is as team oriented as they come.

Yeah, calling him a "head case" is being a real good fan :rolleyes:

Look in the mirror to see a true head case.

Novacane
12-09-2002, 02:50 PM
Try reading the post Natrix! I never said I want him gone! I said it won't be a major loss if he does go! I stand by that! Reed can put up similar #'s IMO.

Yeah, calling him a "head case" is being a real good fan

Excuse me. If I guy deserves to be critizized than I will say so. Does not make me any less a fan than you! If you want to sit and be a cheerleader for a guy when he plays like crap thats your right. I am not a rah rah, nothings wrong, the Bills are awesome type of fan when they play bad.

Look in the mirror to see a true head case.

:lol:

Akhippo
12-09-2002, 03:07 PM
Yeah but some people are a, he fumbled this game, get rid of him, hes bad for the team because he got a penalty. Reed may, just may be able to put up numbers like Price is this year, but when. I doubt next year, maybe his 3rd year. Thats the point, why trade in something, that you know you have, for couldbes. Price is good, one of the best, case closed, Reed maybe,

The Natrix
12-09-2002, 03:13 PM
well I stand by what I said also, except the last part, sorry.

But seriously, if we lose Price and you still expect to be very good next year (not putting words in your mouth, but many think that. I've heard a lot of 12-4's out there), there is going to have to be some dramatic moves made in order to make up for his loss and then some.

I reallly think we should cut JR and centers thus letting Price and Moulds get even more touches, have Moore assume a blocking role for the most part, give henry a bigger role. As long as we don't give Price a top 5 WR salary we will still have room to improve the D. Getting rid of Jerry Gray will help to.

Ð
12-09-2002, 03:25 PM
Yep, why go with an unknown when you can have a well-known head case :D

BTW, I've been a Bills fan since about the time you were born, Natrix, but obviously not a fan of Price. There's a big difference.

John from Hemet
12-09-2002, 05:28 PM
My biggest fears about Price is that he gets a big contract from us and then rides off into NFL medocrity.......

This is my feeling on it....if we can afford him, resign Hollis, and bring in another quality DE, a DT that is better then Pat, a monster linebacker, and a veteran corner willing to play behind clements/winfield....then great...if we have to give up ANY of those things then let him go post haste....bring in a veteran speedster to take his place....drop Jay R. and get Josh Reed more into the offense.....

We are going NOWHERE UNTIL WE FIX THIS DEFENSE

DraftBoy
12-09-2002, 05:30 PM
what has he done to be labeled a head case I may be wrong but didnt Nat Clements talk trash during the first couple of weeks, and hes a fan favorite, hasn Reuben Brown made about as many stupid makes as allowable and hes still our best OL. 1 or 2 penalties a game dont kill our chances fumbles do but how many has he had? 2 or 3? What has he said to be a head case or are we just assuming again just like his amazing contract wants.

The Natrix
12-09-2002, 05:51 PM
Originally posted by Winfield_26
[BWhat has he said to be a head case [/B]

Nothing, whoever thinks this is one of those straight as an arrow people who think that football players need to be model citizens.

Hello Ned Flanders! This is football, not ballet. A little trash talk is good, especially when you can back it up like Peerless Price

Novacane
12-09-2002, 05:57 PM
I don't care for Clements either Winfield. I don't care for any player that talk trash like him and Peerless do. Clements gets beat deep and the ball gets overthrown and he does a stupid dance like he made a great play or something. Same thing everytime he makes a tackle.

I am just saying this. Would I rather have Price or use the $$$$ he would get to sign a stud defensive Player. I'd rather have the defensive player. Reed could step in for Price. Maybe not at the same level but maybe he would be better. Who knows. It is obvious the DL we have here blow. Use all the cap space we have to fix this awful Defense. Than even if Reed does not perform as well as Price we don't have to worry because we will have a D that can actually stop someone.

Novacane
12-09-2002, 06:00 PM
Originally posted by The Natrix

A little trash talk is good, especially when you can back it up like Peerless Price

I disagree. Only makes other players hate you. He should try acting like Moulds. He does not act like a complete A-hole every time he makes a play.

Novacane
12-09-2002, 06:04 PM
Originally posted by The Natrix

Nothing, whoever thinks this is one of those straight as an arrow people who think that football players need to be model citizens.

I could care less if PP has sex with dogs off the field. I don't think he has to be a model citizen. He should just learn to act like a professional when he makes a big play. That stupid gesturing he was doing to the Miami sideline last week was childish. He needs to learn to let his play do his talking.

Romes
12-09-2002, 06:11 PM
Originally posted by BledsoeTOreedfor6

He needs to learn to let his play do his talking.

His play does do the talking! He is a 1,000 yard reciever and has made some phenominal plays this year. He just adds some talking to the talking his plays already do (I hope that made sense).

What is wrong with trash talking? Who cares if other players hate you on other teams. Being able to get under another players skin is a huge asset.

Him "acting like an a-hole" is just him getting fired up after a play. So he shows emotion on the field. I like that. I hate when he gets a personal foul but I love to see him get in other peoples faces and celebrate after he makes a play.

The Natrix
12-09-2002, 06:14 PM

He should try acting like Moulds.

Moulds is a professional trash talker. He may not use the same physical gestures that Peerless does, but he talks just as much trash if not more.

DraftBoy
12-09-2002, 06:16 PM
I love the trash talk bring back more tash talk and more endzone dancing. Clements, Price, Moulds are the best trash talkers on the team. I love them all.

Novacane
12-09-2002, 06:18 PM
I never see moulds getting up after a 5 yard catch and start acting like he just made the play of the game. Peeless does.

The Natrix
12-09-2002, 06:19 PM
Originally posted by CalBillsFan

His play does do the talking! He is a 1,000 yard reciever and has made some phenominal plays this year. He just adds some talking to the talking his plays already do (I hope that made sense).

What is wrong with trash talking? Who cares if other players hate you on other teams. Being able to get under another players skin is a huge asset.

Him "acting like an a-hole" is just him getting fired up after a play. So he shows emotion on the field. I like that. I hate when he gets a personal foul but I love to see him get in other peoples faces and celebrate after he makes a play.

A material

B2R46 is getting me so fired up about this! I really hope we sign Peerless! come on TD, make it happen!

who else enjoys being a fan of the team with the best WR Tandem hands down?

they are chanting his name....Peerless! Peerless! Peerless!

everybody now!

The Natrix
12-09-2002, 06:21 PM
Peeless

come on, lets not resort to name calling.

:shakeno:

Novacane
12-09-2002, 06:22 PM
I love the trash talk bring back more tash talk and more endzone dancing. Clements, Price, Moulds are the best trash talkers on the team. I love them all.

Clements has no reason to talk smack. Aside from playing Miami He has blown this year. I wonder if David Patton gave him some smack after he stiff armed him for 8 yards into the endzone for a TD.

DraftBoy
12-09-2002, 06:22 PM
just because he doesnt make a circus act out of a catch doesnt mean he isnt talking crap.

DraftBoy
12-09-2002, 06:23 PM
No, No reason at all, just leads the team in INT's, and is one of the surest tacklers on the team, has made Miami look like pee-wee football twice, but still you talk smack from play to play previous plays dont matter, did you never talk any smack?

Novacane
12-09-2002, 06:24 PM
Natrix...................don't get so fired up. I would like to see him signed too but there are WAY more important needs than re-signing him IMO Defense, Defense, Defense.......................

The Natrix
12-09-2002, 06:25 PM
Although Moulds is still in his prime, and I think he is the better WR at this point, he is no spring chicken. I think that this could be a factor that helps to get PP signed. He may be willing to wait a couple years to be THE #1

DraftBoy
12-09-2002, 06:27 PM
Does anybody have an actual idea of what his contract wants are gonna be? NO! Why are we specualting? Because we dont like his on the field antics that we would love if we were winning. Why do you wanna take ammo away from our offense to help the D, we got the room for both Price and D.

Novacane
12-09-2002, 06:28 PM
and is one of the surest tacklers on the team,

2 games wow! Do you consider 2 good games out of 13 good?

BTW.........................you must not be watching the same games I have. Clements tackling has sucked this year. His reputation is still living on the Brady hit from last season. Just go back and look at the Patton TD yesterday. Oh yeah........NC is a sure tackler. Not this year!

Novacane
12-09-2002, 06:31 PM
Does anybody have an actual idea of what his contract wants are gonna be? NO! Why are we specualting?

Because that is what we do at this board. I suppose you think he is going to be happy to sign for 2 mill a year? NOT! Just go back and check what average guys like Tim Dwight, and Az Hakim got last year. Peerless is way better than them. He is going to get offered more than them and he is not going to take significantly less to stay here. No player would and I am not saying they should

The Natrix
12-09-2002, 06:35 PM
Clements, Moulds and Peerless are my favorite players in that order. The three biggest trash talkers.

BTW, no way has Clements' play either "blown" or "sucked."

obviously the more tackles you have to attempt, the more you are gonna miss - a direct result of the most pathetic D-line in Buffalo history!

Not even D. Sanders in his prime would look great playing in back of this d-line, not to mention these LBs! Clements and Winfield are the bright spots on this D. Give it up!

Novacane
12-09-2002, 06:49 PM
Not even D. Sanders in his prime would look great playing in back of this d-line
no I will not give it up. Clements and Winfield have been disapointments this season. :baghead:

Romes
12-09-2002, 07:43 PM
B2R6- when your D-line can't get to the QB, no DB is going to look good.

DraftBoy
12-09-2002, 07:46 PM
Winfield-46 tackles 41 solo
Clements-44 tackles 35 solo 4 INT

solid stats or any CB's

Akhippo
12-09-2002, 09:24 PM
Some people just dont have football knowledge, sure QB throws the ball WR catches it. There is more to it than that. Trash talking, B2R, have you ever been in competition. Do you know how it is to battle someone. If a guys been hammering at you for a couple of plays, jawing at you saying he'll shut you down, and you grab one in front of him, youll want to jaw back alittle. Its OK for a DB or LB to jump up and down, shake their fist after a tackle, Same thing. And as far as the corners having a subpar year, when you dont pressure the QB, they will catch passes, all day long. When you pressure them, Miami game, the corners start looking good.

TigerJ
12-09-2002, 09:41 PM
Peerless Price is a very talented receiver who has some immaturity. He's a different kind of receiver than Josh Reed. If I'm Tom Donohoe, I make a determination about Price's value to the team, make an offer to Price's agent and say, "We'd love to have Peerless stay in Buffalo and think that he can continue to have a great career here, but he is always going to be a second receiver to Eric Moulds and I'm not going to break the bank and limit the team's ability to sign future FAs because I'm overpaying him. I can offer him a good salary and the chance to be on a team with the potential to go to the top. If he would rather go to another team and make more money and have less of a chance to go to the Super Bowl, he has to be the one to make that choice and then live with it."

Akhippo
12-09-2002, 09:52 PM
I agree totally, ask Moulds and Drew to fork over some cash to keep him around, without Price, Moulds numbers drop due to double coverage, and Drews numbers drop, Reed could fill in, or not, Being a number one doesnt mean anything if you dont have any body that can throw you the ball. The style of QB is important to.

Ð
12-09-2002, 10:07 PM
If Price is gone, Reed will step up nicely...

Jman
12-09-2002, 10:07 PM
What it breaks down to, is Price will demand a nearly ridiculous amount next year. Thats just how the guy is, and if its to much for us, its perfectly okay, Reed will fill his shoes with no trouble.

Every time ive seen Reed get the ball, he has SMOKED the defense, I think he had like 1 or 2 catches in bledsoe bowl 1, and on both he made an impact play of like 30 yards.

Our wideouts are fine with or without price.

Romes
12-09-2002, 10:18 PM
Originally posted by Akhippo
If a guys been hammering at you for a couple of plays, jawing at you saying he'll shut you down, and you grab one in front of him, youll want to jaw back alittle. Its OK for a DB or LB to jump up and down, shake their fist after a tackle, Same thing. And as far as the corners having a subpar year, when you dont pressure the QB, they will catch passes, all day long. When you pressure them, Miami game, the corners start looking good.

Yes!! :up:

Originally posted by TigerJ
Peerless Price is a very talented receiver who has some immaturity. He's a different kind of receiver than Josh Reed. If I'm Tom Donohoe, I make a determination about Price's value to the team, make an offer to Price's agent and say, "We'd love to have Peerless stay in Buffalo and think that he can continue to have a great career here, but he is always going to be a second receiver to Eric Moulds and I'm not going to break the bank and limit the team's ability to sign future FAs because I'm overpaying him. I can offer him a good salary and the chance to be on a team with the potential to go to the top. If he would rather go to another team and make more money and have less of a chance to go to the Super Bowl, he has to be the one to make that choice and then live with it."

Exaclty!! TD will determine a price for peerless, or an amount that we can spend on him and still have money to fix the defense. If peerless, does not accept it then he is gone. We have no need to worry about not having enough money for defense or Peerless being overpaid. All we need to worry about is if Peerless will accept his contract. If he is an ego-centrical, a-hole, head case that you people claim him to be, he won't be back, he will go to the place offering more money.

Originally posted by BigDoug
If Price is gone, Reed will step up nicely...

I would still much rather have Moulds, Price and Reed than just Moulds and Reed. Price is the burner, the 6-2, 4.3 - 40 guy. Reed is the 5-10, 4.5 - 40 possesion reciever. I'd like to have them both to compliment Moulds. How many times have you seen Reed catch a ball then out run everyone this year? I've seen Price do it at least 3 times this year.

I'm not saying Reed won't be good but Price is a proven commodity.