X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bled2Hen
    • Mar 2004

Tim Anderson?

Whats going on with that guy we drafted last year in the 3rd. DT Tim Anderson? Is he ready to play.. I've was anxious to see him get some action last year. He's a pretty big guy.
    D-Bled hands off to T-Hen Touchdown! Buffalo. They win again!!!
  • The King
    Without me it's just Awe so
    • Jun 2004

I dont think he is as far along as Edwards who I have to assume will take Pats place.
    I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
    "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
    You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
    It was all
    true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.
    He sees something in me, some kind of raw talent that he can
    mold. But that's when I felt the handcuffs go on.

Comment

• BuffaloJayhawk
      • Aug 2004

make him a LT
      http://www.queencityfc.com/Index.asp <-- Buffalo's Pro Soccer Club!

Comment

• dannyek71
        Drink Responsibly
        • Dec 2004

Originally posted by BuffaloJayhawk
        make him a LT
        Jason peters has that posisiton filled
        [

Comment

• jamze132
          Don’t hate…
          • Jun 2003

I think him and Edwards are going to rotate throughout the game. Donahoe must have really seen something in Anderson to take him in the 3rd last year.

Comment

• Slim
            • Apr 2004

Originally posted by dannyek71

Comment

• gobuffalo2007
              All-Pro Zoner
              • Mar 2005

Anderson and Edwards are going to fill the spot at DT together.

Comment

• G. Host
                Banned
                • Jul 2002

Originally posted by dannyek71
                Only if you want the QB killed!

Comment

• Throne Logic
                  Terry Tate - Outside Linebacker
                  • Aug 2002

Originally posted by gobuffalo2007
                  Wouldn't that be a penalty for too many men on the field?
                  Still searching for that offensive rhythm.

Comment

• LifetimeBillsFan
                    All-Pro Zoner
                    • Aug 2004

Originally posted by gobuffalo2007
                    And, I would not be surprised to see Anderson take over as the primary starter by the middle of the season (if not sooner)--much in the same way that C.Kelsay took over from R.Denney at DE last year.

That seems to be the way that Coach Krumrie likes to break in his new guys: work them in practice, sit them on the bench most games and only give them a few plays their first year and, then, have them ready to step in and play their second season.
                    Those who do not learn from the past are doomed to repeat it. And, thus it was that they surrendered their freedom; not with a bang, but without even a whimper.

Comment

• LifetimeBillsFan
                      All-Pro Zoner
                      • Aug 2004

Originally posted by jamze132
                      Donahoe must have really seen something in Anderson to take him in the 3rd last year.
                      While not reflected in this thread, I've seen a number of articles and posts lately that make it sound like T.Anderson is just some guy the Bills picked up out a mall somewhere and are going to stick into their lineup out of desperation. The fact is that Anderson was taken in the 3rd round in last year's draft and the Bills are counting on him to take over for P.Williams for a reason.

T.Anderson was the run-stuffing anchor of the Ohio State defense that stiffled the prolific W.McGahee-led Miami Hurricane offense in the national championship game a couple of years ago--a championship that was won more on the strength of that defense than on the arm of C.Krenzel or the legs of M.Clarett.

Before the draft, several draft guides compared Anderson directly to T.Krumrie (before they knew that Krumrie would end up as his D-line coach) and projected him to have a similar career. While noting that, depending on the defensive scheme, Anderson can rush the passer (and did so pretty well in limited action as an underclassman), most draft guides projected Anderson as a solid, "high-motor", run-stuffer on the NFL level, capable of occasionally pressuring the QB, but probably not a dominant DT capable of consistently collapsing the pocket--in part, due to questions about his strength. On the high end, Anderson was considered to be capable of developing into a Krumrie-clone. On the low end, he was considered to be capable of being, at the very least, a solid run-stuffing, starter at DT.

For his part, Krumrie was impressed by Anderson's tenacity and refusal to quit when Krumrie worked him out prior to the draft. And, to this point in time, I have not seen any negative comments by Krumrie about Anderson.

When Anderson was drafted, it was generally reported that he had been selected by the Bills to be groomed to take over for P.Williams if the Bills were unable to resign Williams following this past season. That's why the Bills drafted Anderson and it is exactly what the team, obviously, expects him to do--which may explain why they did not really try to sign Williams: because they feel that Anderson can do the job that they drafted him to do.

Now, the fact that Anderson didn't play much and we Bills fans have not seen what he can do does not necessarily mean that Anderson can't play or do the job. As I pointed out in my previous post on this thread, it seems to be a pattern that Krumrie has in trying to develop his young D-linemen that he seems to "nurse" them through their first year, playing them very little, while trying to prepare them to be able to step in and take over the starting job in their second season. He did that with Denney--considered to be more of a project than Anderson coming out of college--and Kelsay. And, it appears that he has done that with Anderson as well.

Right now, it is impossible for any of us fans to tell how well Anderson will play next season. However, if Anderson plays as well as the draft "gurus" projected that he would play; if he has developed the way that Kelsay developed; he should turn out to be pretty much what P.Williams was: a solid, run-stuffing DT who, playing next to S.Adams, could occasionally put pressure on the QB. Will he be as good as a veteran P.Williams? If he turns out to be a T.Krumrie-clone, yeah. But, probably not--at least, not right away. However, if Anderson does play up to the level that he was projected to achieve by most draft experts, he should get to the point where he's a pretty good replacement for Williams once he gets some experience. Will he play up to that level? There's no reason why he can't or evidence that he won't. Only time will tell.

So, for right now, we Bills fans are just going to have to trust that the coaches know enough about their business and from what they have seen of Anderson that they are correct in thinking that Anderson has what it takes and is ready to take over the starting DT job from P.Williams that he was drafted to do.
                      Those who do not learn from the past are doomed to repeat it. And, thus it was that they surrendered their freedom; not with a bang, but without even a whimper.

Comment

• Yasgur's Farm
                        • Feb 2005

Originally posted by LifetimeBillsFan
                        While not reflected in this thread, I've seen a number of articles and posts lately...

Comment

• jamze132
                          Don’t hate…
                          • Jun 2003

Originally posted by LifetimeBillsFan
                          While not reflected in this thread, I've seen a number of articles and posts lately that make it sound like T.Anderson is just some guy the Bills picked up out a mall somewhere and are going to stick into their lineup out of desperation. The fact is that Anderson was taken in the 3rd round in last year's draft and the Bills are counting on him to take over for P.Williams for a reason.

T.Anderson was the run-stuffing anchor of the Ohio State defense that stiffled the prolific W.McGahee-led Miami Hurricane offense in the national championship game a couple of years ago--a championship that was won more on the strength of that defense than on the arm of C.Krenzel or the legs of M.Clarett.

Before the draft, several draft guides compared Anderson directly to T.Krumrie (before they knew that Krumrie would end up as his D-line coach) and projected him to have a similar career. While noting that, depending on the defensive scheme, Anderson can rush the passer (and did so pretty well in limited action as an underclassman), most draft guides projected Anderson as a solid, "high-motor", run-stuffer on the NFL level, capable of occasionally pressuring the QB, but probably not a dominant DT capable of consistently collapsing the pocket--in part, due to questions about his strength. On the high end, Anderson was considered to be capable of developing into a Krumrie-clone. On the low end, he was considered to be capable of being, at the very least, a solid run-stuffing, starter at DT.

For his part, Krumrie was impressed by Anderson's tenacity and refusal to quit when Krumrie worked him out prior to the draft. And, to this point in time, I have not seen any negative comments by Krumrie about Anderson.

When Anderson was drafted, it was generally reported that he had been selected by the Bills to be groomed to take over for P.Williams if the Bills were unable to resign Williams following this past season. That's why the Bills drafted Anderson and it is exactly what the team, obviously, expects him to do--which may explain why they did not really try to sign Williams: because they feel that Anderson can do the job that they drafted him to do.

Now, the fact that Anderson didn't play much and we Bills fans have not seen what he can do does not necessarily mean that Anderson can't play or do the job. As I pointed out in my previous post on this thread, it seems to be a pattern that Krumrie has in trying to develop his young D-linemen that he seems to "nurse" them through their first year, playing them very little, while trying to prepare them to be able to step in and take over the starting job in their second season. He did that with Denney--considered to be more of a project than Anderson coming out of college--and Kelsay. And, it appears that he has done that with Anderson as well.

Right now, it is impossible for any of us fans to tell how well Anderson will play next season. However, if Anderson plays as well as the draft "gurus" projected that he would play; if he has developed the way that Kelsay developed; he should turn out to be pretty much what P.Williams was: a solid, run-stuffing DT who, playing next to S.Adams, could occasionally put pressure on the QB. Will he be as good as a veteran P.Williams? If he turns out to be a T.Krumrie-clone, yeah. But, probably not--at least, not right away. However, if Anderson does play up to the level that he was projected to achieve by most draft experts, he should get to the point where he's a pretty good replacement for Williams once he gets some experience. Will he play up to that level? There's no reason why he can't or evidence that he won't. Only time will tell.

So, for right now, we Bills fans are just going to have to trust that the coaches know enough about their business and from what they have seen of Anderson that they are correct in thinking that Anderson has what it takes and is ready to take over the starting DT job from P.Williams that he was drafted to do.
                          Well said. Hopefully all the people that think we are in serious trouble because Big Pat left can rest assured that the Bills know what there doing.

Comment

• Tatonka
                            • Jul 2002

- pos rep coming Life..
                            "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• BuffaloRanger
                              WORK HARD. PLAY HARD. LIVE HARD.
                              • Mar 2003

All white DL/LBs are considered "high motor". That's just another way of saying, "he's not as physically gifted as other darker players at his position, but he tries harder."

Seriously. Have you ever heard them describe a black guy as "high motor." Why not?

"High motor" is the equivalent of saying a fat girl has a "Nice Personality."
                              Buffalo Only and Always.

Comment

Working...
                              X