• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DraftBoy
    Administrator
    • Jul 2002

Chris Rix or Timmy Chang?

Two QB's who were highly touted in college but severly inconsistent. Both know how to throw and make plays. Both can move out of the pocket and run. I like both as developmental QB's. A 7th round pick for either one of them would be a great investment imo.
    COMING SOON...
    Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
    We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!
  • BuffaloJayhawk
    • Aug 2004

I'd pass. Zolman's better. Chang and Rix have attitude issues.
    http://www.queencityfc.com/Index.asp <-- Buffalo's Pro Soccer Club!

Comment

• Slim
      • Apr 2004

Originally posted by BuffaloJayhawk

i agree. We dont need anymore headcase QB's. I'd rather have Zolman.

Comment

• DraftBoy
        Administrator
        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by BuffaloJayhawk
        How in any world is Greg Zolman better? What attitude issues did either QB have and what are you basing it from? Im interested to see how you think Zolman is better and where the attitude problems come from, if your referring to what was said to the press when each was benched then thats not attitude thats frustration with losing your job something Id like in a QB not somebody who takes his demotion sitting down.
        COMING SOON...

Comment

• Dozerdog
          In a jar, on a shelf, next to the unopened Miracle Whip.

Administrator Emeritus
          • Jul 2002

Chang = Rolovitch

Comment

• ShadowHawk7
            Ground your Jets Vilma, no way you're shooting this guy down.
            • Mar 2003

I'll take Chang. From what I've seen and heard , he's got a great attitude and work ethic. He admitted if he needed to go to NFLEL and learn for a season in the NFL to prove and refine himself, he'd gladly do it. Zolman isn't the answer at #3 QB from what I've seen.
            "It's not whether you win or lose; it's how you play the game."
            -Vince Lombardi

Comment

• DraftBoy
              Administrator
              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by ShadowHawk7
              I'll take Chang. From what I've seen and heard , he's got a great attitude and work ethic. He admitted if he needed to go to NFLEL and learn for a season in the NFL to prove and refine himself, he'd gladly do it. Zolman isn't the answer at #3 QB from what I've seen.

Completely agree!
              COMING SOON...

Comment

• SoCalBillsFan
                Expert on Experts
                • Jul 2002

I wouldn't go for RIx..talk about diaapointing in college. He wasn't even really a QB in high school.

Chang might be worth a seventh rounder, but he struggled against good competition.

Comment

• DraftBoy
                  Administrator
                  • Jul 2002

Both are heavy developmental projects but both have the attributes you want in a QB, decent-good arms, good size, good smarts, leaders, athletic, mobile.
                  COMING SOON...

Comment

• sTp Scott
                    • Mar 2003

I had a chance to watch Chris Rix all 4 years at Florida State(being a season ticket holder and a big time Nole)....He never truly devoloped at FSU and almost instead of improving after his freshman year his skills seem to worsen over time...At the same time Jeff Bowden as your offensive cordinater and a dime will get you a cup of jack squat....When Rix got pressure he seemed to never stay focused and would never plant his back foot to throw and was horrible at finding the 2nd and 3rd option when a play would develop....Rix was a true Nole and I will always love him for that but I am glad his time is over in Tallahassee

Comment

• Tatonka
                      • Jul 2002

rix to me is total garbage.. other than looking like a good qb, that is where it stops.. he just isnt one. he never was in college.. i dont know why he didnt become one with the weapons he had around him.. but i have no interest in him at all..

chang would be worth a possible roster spot.. i actually saw 4-5 of changs games (i used to bet on hawaii a good amount because they are the last game of the day normally and come on way late).. i saw a interview they had with him after he was benched for the sophmore qb behind him.. who he ended up replacing again shortly.. but chang didnt have anything that resembed a bad attitude.. i actally liked him alot better after seeing the interview..

that said.. his qb skills can best be described as inconsistent.. he is a bit short, but athletic.. he threw some very nice balls.. but would follow those up with some terrible passes that were very inaccurate.. i am talking balls in the turf and over peoples heads, out of bounds.. you name it.. he can obviously play though.. i think he is the ncaa's all time passing leader.. he also played for june jones.. a former pro coach..

he is worth a shot and some nfl europe time.
                      "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• bigbub2352
                        • Feb 2005

the kid from florida state that was playing in the arena league because he got kicked off the team adrian macpherson or something like that a black guy can't think of his name, but has a ton of talent and nobody would have even heard of chris rix if he didn't get thrown off. I would take a chance on him late rd draft pick or maybe even undrafted rookie free agent. Greg Zolman is worthless take a chance on a kid.
                        XTRA CRISPY XTRA SAUCEY

Comment

• DraftBoy
                          Administrator
                          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Tatonka
                          rix to me is total garbage.. other than looking like a good qb, that is where it stops.. he just isnt one. he never was in college.. i dont know why he didnt become one with the weapons he had around him.. but i have no interest in him at all..

chang would be worth a possible roster spot.. i actually saw 4-5 of changs games (i used to bet on hawaii a good amount because they are the last game of the day normally and come on way late).. i saw a interview they had with him after he was benched for the sophmore qb behind him.. who he ended up replacing again shortly.. but chang didnt have anything that resembed a bad attitude.. i actally liked him alot better after seeing the interview..

that said.. his qb skills can best be described as inconsistent.. he is a bit short, but athletic.. he threw some very nice balls.. but would follow those up with some terrible passes that were very inaccurate.. i am talking balls in the turf and over peoples heads, out of bounds.. you name it.. he can obviously play though.. i think he is the ncaa's all time passing leader.. he also played for june jones.. a former pro coach..

he is worth a shot and some nfl europe time.

Career passing TD leader in the NCAA passing former BYU standout Ty Detmer. I completely agree with T's analysis of Chang, although he played nearly completely out of the shotgun at Hawaii and I mean like 80% of the time. He needs to learn the ability to be a drop back passer but that is something I think Wyche can teach with enough time.
                          COMING SOON...

Comment

• Tatonka
                            • Jul 2002

i also like the small wr from hawaii alot.. reminds me of chrebet.. cant think of his name now.. but he was a real player in every game i saw..
                            "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• The Spaz
                              • Mar 2003

I'd stay away from Hawaii players at least offensively strictly because of the offense they run.

Comment

Working...
                              X