PDA

View Full Version : NFL labor negotiations reach a dead end in paradise

The_Philster
03-27-2005, 08:19 AM
After three days of meetings, the National Football League owners unanimously adopted some rules to protect the players and make the game better.
Too bad they weren't as united on the one issue that helped make pro football America's most popular spectator sport.

They can't come to an agreement on revenue sharing as the billionaire owners aren't willing to give up a larger piece of the financial pie to make life easier on the multimillionaire bosses...more (http://www.buffalonews.com/editorial/20050327/1030325.asp)

Michael82
03-27-2005, 08:35 AM
After three days of meetings, the National Football League owners unanimously adopted some rules to protect the players and make the game better.
Too bad they weren't as united on the one issue that helped make pro football America's most popular spectator sport.

They can't come to an agreement on revenue sharing as the billionaire owners aren't willing to give up a larger piece of the financial pie to make life easier on the multimillionaire bosses...more (http://www.buffalonews.com/editorial/20050327/1030325.asp)
It will happen, I'm just not sure when, but IMO, we will NEVER see that 2007 uncapped year. The richer owners will eventually cave in to keep the NFL from turning into MLB, NHL, and the other sports leagues that now suck.

jamze132
03-27-2005, 08:56 AM
I have all the confidence that a CBA will be reached without the threat of lockout or strike.

Yasgur's Farm
03-27-2005, 08:56 AM
That's exactly what the cap is intended to do. It's determined by revenues. It escalates the salaries by sharing the profits.

DynaPaul
03-27-2005, 10:51 AM
There's no way that the NFL will be capless in 2007. It's just little details that they want to get hammered out before hand. There's still plenty of time.

G. Host
03-27-2005, 05:09 PM
It will happen, I'm just not sure when, but IMO, we will NEVER see that 2007 uncapped year. The richer owners will eventually cave in to keep the NFL from turning into MLB, NHL, and the other sports leagues that now suck.

The richer ones are the ones who will be favored if NFL has an uncapped yet. $nyder is just licking his chops to be able to play the game HIS way.