PDA

View Full Version : BillsCoaching staff may like these potential moves

Superhero
03-27-2005, 10:42 AM
Get LJ Shelton who has good size yet good enough footwork & quick hands to potentially dominate under Jim McNally

Sign Alex Bannister WR (Seattle UFA) who is 6'5 with 4.4 speed to compete with Reed & Aiken. He is also a special teams pro bowl gunner.

Draft
CB Ronald Bartell in the 2nd roud of the draft. 6'1 with 4.37 speed. He is aggressive and Has the size and speed that teams covet, + With Nate Clements going into a contract year and Vincent moved to Safety and the lack of size of Mcgee, getting another quality CB on the roster will be important

WR/TE Vincent Jackson in the 3rd round 6'5 241 LBS with 4.46 speed. Played WR in college at a div 1aa school & dominated but has the size & smarts to play TE. Name a CB who can cover a guy this Big or a LB who can cover a guy this fast? He has good hands too.

RB Brandon Jacobs in the 4th round 6'4 261 4.59 speed
A huge back with decent speed to help McGahee wear out defenses

DT Sione Pouha 6'4 325lbs in the 5th round is strong and athletic

QB Stefan LeFors 6'0 4.53 speed in the 6th round a very mobile QB who doesn't have great size or the strongest arm but is smart and very accurate

Sign Peerless Price who is expected to be cut after June 1. Use alot of 3 wide receiver sets to spread the offense. More speed.

Can you imagine the possibilities of creating mismatches on offense.

This team would have so much size and speed on both sides of the ball it just sounds awesome. <!--IBF.ATTACHMENT_288503-->

Sportsuser101
03-27-2005, 10:56 AM
I remember wanting to get Bannister last year so I'm all game to get him. We won't even have to give up a a pick this year.

BFBills
03-27-2005, 10:58 AM
why would we need P P? Evens is faster and Moulds is not quite over the hill yet. We really dont need 3 big time WR's

OpIv37
03-27-2005, 10:59 AM
I don't think we need Price but it would be funny to get him back at a fraction of what it would have cost to keep him two years ago.

Superhero
03-27-2005, 11:40 AM
I don't think we need Price but it would be funny to get him back at a fraction of what it would have cost to keep him two years ago.He caught 90 balls the year before he got to Atlanta where Vick can't get him the ball.

Think of it 2 quality speed receivers on the outside with Moulds working ther slot and a TE who could run under a 4.5 in the 40. That could definately pose a threat to defenses in a passing game & open things up for McGahee. Then you got a mobile QB to go along with all of that. Defenses would go nuts trying to figure out how to stop all that.

Michael82
03-27-2005, 11:47 AM
I still think that people will be surprised at how much better Josh Reed looks this year. He's do good at the slot receiver/#3.

Yasgur's Farm
03-27-2005, 11:55 AM
I'd love to sign Bannister or draft Vincent Jackson move (I believe we'd use him at WR).
I don't like the Peerless Price move. He's not all that tremendously fast, he's on the smallish side, and he has too big of an ego.

I believe the Bills will either draft Matt Jones or Vincent Jackson or sign Bannister for our 3rd WR. Jones and Bannister have potential to become #2's when Moulds faulters.

YardRat
03-27-2005, 11:57 AM
Wasn't that the same thing people were saying about Reed last year?

Superhero
03-27-2005, 12:01 PM
I'd love to sign Bannister or draft Vincent Jackson move (I believe we'd use him at WR).
I don't like the Peerless Price move. He's not all that tremendously fast, he's on the smallish side, and he has too big of an ego.

I believe the Bills will either draft Matt Jones or Vincent Jackson or sign Bannister for our 3rd WR. Jones and Bannister have potential to become #2's when Moulds faulters.
Jones might be good too. Although I think Jackson is a bit brighter & & a bit more established as a receiver

But if we got Bannister and 1 of these guys(Jackson or Jones) they would have 2 guys who would be 6'5 and under 4.4 speed.

Yasgur's Farm
03-27-2005, 12:02 PM
I'll give Reed 1 more season to see if he can shake whatever it is that's ailing him.

Coupled with his college career, catching 95 balls his 1st 2 NFL seasons has got to be worth that much anyway.

But I still gotta look for that #3 guy who can move to #2 eventually.

OpIv37
03-27-2005, 01:38 PM
I'll give Reed 1 more season to see if he can shake whatever it is that's ailing him.

Coupled with his college career, catching 95 balls his 1st 2 NFL seasons has got to be worth that much anyway.

But I still gotta look for that #3 guy who can move to #2 eventually.
good call- Moulds is getting up there and may be gone after this year because of the cap situation. Evans can definitely be a #1 with a little more experience- we just need someone to replace him at #2.

Throne Logic
03-27-2005, 03:13 PM
Whereas the Peerless idea definitely appeals to my off-beat sense of humor, the Bannister idea is a much more sound choice. Bannister would be more likely to accept the #3 WR role and would be a valuable addition to special teams. Peerless would not be happy as a #3 and isn't the type to be a special teams ace.

Vincent Jackson doesn't seem to be the blocking type TE. TD and MM are definitely looking for a solid blocking TE. This is going to be very, very important in the passing game when the TE is expected to help the OL protect the young JP Losman. Along these lines, I truly expect that Mike Peters is going to get a lot of time at TE this season. After a year of tutilage under McNally, Peters has even been tossed out as an idea for LT (a bit far fetched in my opinion), but he could be very much like a 6th lineman out there for protection.

What are the odds of CB Ronald Bartell being available in the 2nd round for Buffalo? It might be possible of AZ accepts the swap of 2nd round picks in the Henry for Shelton trade. I'm assuming this trade happens for the context of this thread, otherwise, I'd be looking for an Offensive lineman somewhere in there.

I do like the idea of RB Brandon Jacobs in the 4th round, DT Sione Pouha 6'4 325lbs in the 5th round, and QB Stefan LeFors in the 6th, if he's still around.

Slim
03-27-2005, 03:20 PM
i love the Draft. I would be so stocked if the bills picked up Bannister, with him lined up at 3rd WR, the bills would be able to spread the field . If we do pick up Bannister i would like to see us get a good TE. No team would be able to double moulds while Bannister is on the feild, J.P would almost always have a target, weather its a WR, TE, or Wills coming out of the backfield

Throne Logic
03-27-2005, 03:25 PM
Anyone know how much Bannister would be seeking in a contract?

BuffaloRanger
03-27-2005, 05:13 PM
Where did all this Bannister talk come from? If it's true alot of teams will be bidding for him so the Bills won't get him.

I honestly think TD is happy with Rian "I promise I'll make the next 28 yard kick!" Lindell. So no nugent. Although hearing some Ted Nugent blaring as he kicked off would be funny.

TD will do something unusual on draft day. It's like he watches the ESPN coverage and refuses to select who the experts say they should just to make headlines.

In review...
Trade back in first
Bledsoe deal
WM pick
JP trade

At least he keeps it interesting. Alas, it's in the "WTF was that!!" kind of way.

Superhero
03-27-2005, 09:39 PM
Anyone know how much Bannister would be seeking in a contract?
Being a 4th receiver & coming off an injury I would only guess that it would be under a million/season, but I still think he has some potential as a player.
The Bills could sign him to a contract similar to what they did with Bobby Shaw a few years ago

TigerJ
03-27-2005, 10:17 PM
It's conceivable that the Bills might like some of those moves. I don't particularly understand people who latch on to late round QBs and act as if they are going to be difference makers. The Bills may sign a QB late, but whether it's Stefan LeFors, or Ben Dougherty, or Timmy Chang or Brock Berlin (gag) or Ryan Fitzpatrick really isn't going to mean a hill of beans. With a young promising starter and a veteran backup, anybody Buffalo drafts is going to be a bench warming emergency guy. If he ever sees the field the season is already in the toilet, and odds are before said young QB ever has a chance to begin maturing as a pro, he will have played out his rookie contract and signed as a free agent elsewhere wher he might have a bit more of a chance.

Peerless Price's ego will never let him sign with Buffalo again where he wouldn't be anything more than a third receiver, because in addition to having to accept a lesser role it would be a tacet admission that he made a career mistake in going to Atlanta. I don't think his ego and inherent immaturity would ever let him admit he was wrong. I really don't think Buffalo wants him either. Bannister remains an intriguing prospect, though if Buffalo were seriously interested we would have seen some indication by now.

Throne Logic
03-28-2005, 12:02 AM
The Bills may sign a QB late, but whether it's Stefan LeFors, or Ben Dougherty, or Timmy Chang or Brock Berlin (gag) or Ryan Fitzpatrick really isn't going to mean a hill of beans. With a young promising starter and a veteran backup, anybody Buffalo drafts is going to be a bench warming emergency guy.

That's all we're looking for at this point. In the 6th or 7th round, you're pretty much 50/50 on finding someone who's even going to make the team two years running. I'd say those odds might be a shade higher for a third string QB with an potentially interesting upside.

Superhero
03-28-2005, 05:54 PM
Whereas the Peerless idea definitely appeals to my off-beat sense of humor, the Bannister idea is a much more sound choice. Bannister would be more likely to accept the #3 WR role and would be a valuable addition to special teams. Peerless would not be happy as a #3 and isn't the type to be a special teams ace.

Vincent Jackson doesn't seem to be the blocking type TE. TD and MM are definitely looking for a solid blocking TE. This is going to be very, very important in the passing game when the TE is expected to help the OL protect the young JP Losman. Along these lines, I truly expect that Mike Peters is going to get a lot of time at TE this season. After a year of tutilage under McNally, Peters has even been tossed out as an idea for LT (a bit far fetched in my opinion), but he could be very much like a 6th lineman out there for protection.

What are the odds of CB Ronald Bartell being available in the 2nd round for Buffalo? It might be possible of AZ accepts the swap of 2nd round picks in the Henry for Shelton trade. I'm assuming this trade happens for the context of this thread, otherwise, I'd be looking for an Offensive lineman somewhere in there.

I do like the idea of RB Brandon Jacobs in the 4th round, DT Sione Pouha 6'4 325lbs in the 5th round, and QB Stefan LeFors in the 6th, if he's still around.

I think that there is a good chance Bartell will be there at the end of the 2nd round, What I'm not so sure about is Jackson being their in the 3rd. Maybe the Bills should try to swap 3rd rounder instead of 2nds