• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • The King
    Without me it's just Awe so
    • Jun 2004

QB Challenge

Was on all day yesterday on the NFL network. They aired the 2002, 2003 and 2004 competitions. Anyone else tune in?

2002 Aaron Brooks flat out dominated. With a 73 yard bomb.
    2003 Brad Johnson beat Tom Brady on the last event
    2004 Matt Hasselbeck pretty much beat on a bunch of young guys.

I havent seen this event in years it was deffenly entertaining.
    I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
    "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
    You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
    It was all
    true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.
    He sees something in me, some kind of raw talent that he can
    mold. But that's when I felt the handcuffs go on.

• jamze132
    • Jun 2003

Was Drew in any of them? And if so, how did he do?

Comment

• The King
      • Jun 2004

Nope. There were only like 8 QBs in Each.

2002 Brooks, Plummer, Brady, Brunell, Blake, Manning, Garcia I forget everyone else
      2003 Johnson, Brady, Bulger, Hasselbeck, Brunell, Garcia
      2004 Bulger, Hasselbeck, McCown, Brunell, Leftwich, Harrington, Palmer
      I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
      "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
      You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
      It was all
      true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.

Comment

• Tatonka
        • Jul 2002

jim kelly looked ok in the old timers competition.
        "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• The King
          • Jun 2004

Yea he did.. How annoying was Boomer?
          It was all

Comment

• Mr. Miyagi
            Lecter's Little Bitch

• Sep 2002

Originally posted by MBBedard
            Yea he did.. How annoying was Boomer?
            No more than usual.

Comment

• That Guy
              • Apr 2004

I'd watch those things if they actually put the best quarterbacks in the league in it.

Comment

• Mr. Miyagi
                Lecter's Little Bitch

• Sep 2002

Originally posted by That Guy
                I'd watch those things if they actually put the best quarterbacks in the league in it.
                The best QBs in the league don't always do well in those things. Manning has been in a few times and NEVER did well.

Comment

Working...
                X