• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Dicknoze69
    Just because my name is dicknoze,it doesn't mean I have balls in my mouth
    • Jul 2002

Bills Digest tidbits

I just got my Bills Digest and here are some things I found interesting:

TD on Williams leaving for Minny: "It was really close enough where if the agent worked a little harder with us it could have gotten done. We feel it should have gotten done. For whatever reason his agent just didn't seem interested in keeping Pat in Buffalo." (offered a contract similar to what Ted Washington got from Oakland - $14 million, 4 years, $4 million SB)

Peters (LT) and Bannan (LG) both officially moved to Oline.

TD on Henry: "We'll entertain anything that is fair, but to this point all we've been offered is LJ Shelton for Henry and in our view that is not a fair trade. We're still waiting for a fair deal. I think his agent may have miscalculated the interest in Travis."

TD on Henry coming back to Bills in 2005: "What are his options? If a player is going into the last year of his contract he better have a good year because he's playing for a new contract."

TD on Prioleau: "We wanted him back and thought he was a valuable guy on our team. Pierson for a month had been lobbying for us to let him go because he feels he can start somewhere else so he wanted that opportunity. We'll see if he gets that chance in Washington."

MW's reason for leaving camp last year, being fined, and coming into camp overweight: His mom, dad, and brother went into the hospital 2 weeks prior to training camp.

McNally on possible switch to LT for Mike Williams: "I don't think so. That would be a far-fetched move. I don't think you want to disrupt the continuity that we have with he and Villarial next to each other."

God give me style and give me grace
    God put a smile upon my face
  • Jan Reimers
    Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
    • May 2003

With Peters and Bannon switching to the O line, we now have a lot of bodies there. Unfortunately, many of them are lacking in experience, ability, or both. I'd still like to see us get Shelton, even if TD has to "settle" for a straight-up trade.
    Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• capitolneal
      • Sep 2003

I am kind of under the impression that Shelton might be waived if not traded and then we got june 1st waivers still we don't need another warm body we need talent, remeber what Buffalo did to Arizonas line last yr the talent seemed thin

Comment

• Sportsuser101
        • Feb 2005

Originally posted by capitolneal
        I am kind of under the impression that Shelton might be waived if not traded and then we got june 1st waivers still we don't need another warm body we need talent, remeber what Buffalo did to Arizonas line last yr the talent seemed thin
        The only problem is is that Shelton would want more then he is getting paid now and we would have other teams interested since they wouldn't have to give up anything but money for him.
        Dareus - 1st Round Pick

Comment

• Sportsuser101
          • Feb 2005

Also against the Bills Shelton shutdown Kelsay and Schobel (when he rotated). Gave up 1 assisted tackle and that was it. And helped them run for 128 yards too. Pretty good.
          Dareus - 1st Round Pick

Comment

• regor
            • Jul 2002

they must think Shelton sucks. An LT for an oft injured fumble prone back seems very fair to me

Comment

• Sportsuser101
              • Feb 2005

Originally posted by regor
              they must think Shelton sucks. and LT for an oft injured fumble prone back seems very fair to me
              He'd be a top 10 back though if he were still starting on the Bills and we didn't have McGahee right? I hate when fans bash players who aren't going to be here anymore.
              Dareus - 1st Round Pick

Comment

• regor
                • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Sportsuser101
                He'd be a top 10 back though if he were still starting on the Bills and we didn't have McGahee right? I hate when fans bash players who aren't going to be here anymore.

I'm stating a fact. Henry is often injured and has had fumble problems in the past. If he's so great how come the Cards are the only one who have offered us anything?

Comment

• Sportsuser101
                  • Feb 2005

I'm stating a fact. Henry is often injured and has had fumble problems in the past. If he's so great how come the Cards are the only one who have offered us anything?
                  Who else needs a RB that can't get him in the 1st round?
                  Dareus - 1st Round Pick

Comment

• regor
                    • Jul 2002

Who else needs a RB that can't get him in the 1st round?

If he's the top 10 back you say he is then a lot of teams should want him.

Comment

• Tatonka
                      • Jul 2002

so bannan replaced pucillo basically and peters replaceds jennings, and gandy replaced price (just as far as a roster spot, not skill necessarily )...

so that means that anyone we draft will cost someone else a job.. so there is a good chance that bannan, peters or mcfarland get cut by the roster trim down.. there is only so many spots.. anyone we draft on day one is guarenteeing that one of the other guys is going home. that also counts for LJ Shelton too.. if he is coming in.. that is a roster spot taht has to be emptied.
                      "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• Sportsuser101
                        • Feb 2005

If he's the top 10 back you say he is then a lot of teams should want him.
                        I'm not saying he's a top 10 back nor have I ever thought that but if he was our starter fans on here would be saying he was a top 10 back. Now that he is on his way out he gets bashed. Its not a fair way to evaluate players. I understand yes there is a biased towards you're own teams players but to say Shelton sucks because Henry gets injured and fumbles is just wrong. McGahee fumbles a fair share (4 times in 11 starts) and has been injured a helluvalot more then Henry. Henry also has had a better year then McGahee. Granted its only 1 year for McGahee but if you're going to kill Henry you have to do the same thing for McGahee. Henry has 2 1300 yard seasons. McGahee although he didn't start last year has none.

There is no reason to kill Henry. He did a good job when he was here and there is not much more you can ask for from a late 2nd round pick. How many 2nd round RBs made the probowl in there 2nd year?
                        Dareus - 1st Round Pick

Comment

• BuffaloRanger
                          WORK HARD. PLAY HARD. LIVE HARD.
                          • Mar 2003

Deffenlly not a Top 10 back right now. But behind a line with a strong interior that wants to run he could help the Cards alot.
                          Buffalo Only and Always.

Comment

• Dicknoze69
                            Just because my name is dicknoze,it doesn't mean I have balls in my mouth
                            • Jul 2002

If we draft a OL on day 1, I think it's a near-lock that McFarland gets cut eventually.

I could definitely see Bannan being in trouble depending how his conversion goes.

God give me style and give me grace
                            God put a smile upon my face

Comment

• mysticsoto
                              Too sober for this...
                              • Apr 2004

Originally posted by Tatonka
                              so bannan replaced pucillo basically and peters replaceds jennings, and gandy replaced price (just as far as a roster spot, not skill necessarily )...

so that means that anyone we draft will cost someone else a job.. so there is a good chance that bannan, peters or mcfarland get cut by the roster trim down.. there is only so many spots.. anyone we draft on day one is guarenteeing that one of the other guys is going home. that also counts for LJ Shelton too.. if he is coming in.. that is a roster spot taht has to be emptied.
                              Maybe that's why they are down playing the need for an O-lineman! McFarland will have to show alot to beat out Peters...I think he is a slow OT, if I remember. Bannan has game experience and might have the edge for backup Guard - but could battle with Lawrence Smith. Tucker is currently our LG, but he is also backup Center???

Since TD and MM like versatility, I can believe Peters will remain, as he also contributes in special teams. McFarland could be gone, and Bannan...if he can't make it as a O-lineman, he could go back to backup DT, but I doubt that. As a backup DT, he really wasn't any good when he was in there. I think he can be more of a force on the O-line.

Like I've always said, sign whoever you need and let McNally sort out who he thinks is best to keep.

This actually makes me happier. It means we might go on an entirely different route for the draft! Defintely can afford to choose highest impact player at the time of pick!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X