PDA

View Full Version : Collective Mock: #20 - Dallas Cowboys

lordofgun
03-28-2005, 02:02 PM
Approx every day or so, we'll post a new thread for the next pick. NO TRADING.

You may draft according to who you would take OR who you think they would take...whatever. Please name only one player.

The Cowboys are on the clock with the 20th pick in the draft.

Draft results so far:

<TABLE borderColor=#ffffff cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=2 width=200 bgColor=#f6f6f6 border=1><TBODY><TR bgColor=#cccccc><TD colSpan=3>
2005 BillsZone collective mock draft

</TD></TR><TR><TD width=20>1</TD><TD>San Francisco 49ers</TD><TD width=30>Alex_Smith_QB_Utah</TD></TR><TR><TD>2</TD><TD>Miami Dolphins</TD><TD>Ronnie_Brown_RB_Auburn</TD></TR><TR><TD>3</TD><TD>Cleveland Browns</TD><TD>Aaron_Rodgers_QB_California</TD></TR><TR><TD>4</TD><TD>Chicago Bears</TD><TD>Braylon_Edwards_WR_Michigan</TD></TR><TR><TD>5</TD><TD>Tampa Bay Buccaneers</TD><TD>Cadillac_Williams_RB_Auburn</TD></TR><TR><TD>6</TD><TD>Tennessee Titans</TD><TD>Antrel_Rolle_CB_Miami</TD></TR><TR><TD>7*</TD><TD>Minnesota Vikings</TD><TD><!--StartFragment -->Mike Williams_WR_USC</TD></TR><TR><TD>8</TD><TD>Arizona Cardinals </TD><TD>Cendric_Benson_RB_Texas</TD></TR><TR><TD>9</TD><TD>Washington Redskins </TD><TD>Adam_Jones_CB_WestVirginia<!-- / message --><!-- sig --></TD></TR><TR><TD>10</TD><TD>Detroit Lions</TD><TD><!--StartFragment --><!--StartFragment -->Derrick_Johnson_LB_Texas </TD></TR><TR><TD>11</TD><TD>Dallas Cowboys</TD><TD>Shawne_Merriman_DE_Maryland</TD></TR><TR><TD>12*</TD><TD>San Diego Chargers</TD><TD>Mark_Clayton_WR_Oklahoma</TD></TR><TR><TD>13</TD><TD>Houston Texans</TD><TD>Alex_Barron_OT_Florida State</TD></TR><TR><TD>14</TD><TD>Carolina Panthers</TD><TD>Heath_Miller_TE_Virginia</TD></TR><TR><TD>15</TD><TD>Kansas City Chiefs</TD><TD>Carlos Rogers - CB - Auburn</TD></TR><TR><TD>16</TD><TD>New Orleans Saints</TD><TD>Thomas_Davis_S/LB_Georgia</TD></TR><TR><TD>17</TD><TD>Cincinnati Bengals</TD><TD><!--StartFragment -->Travis_Johnson_DT_FSU</TD></TR><TR><TD>18</TD><TD>Minnesota Vikings</TD><TD>Erasmus_James_DE_Wisconsin</TD></TR><TR><TD>19</TD><TD>St. Louis Rams</TD><TD>Elton_Brown_OG_Virginia</TD></TR><TR><TD>20*</TD><TD>Dallas Cowboys</TD><TD>on the clock</TD></TR><TR><TD>21</TD><TD>Jacksonville Jaguars</TD><TD>9-7</TD></TR><TR><TD>22</TD><TD>Baltimore Ravens</TD><TD>9-7</TD></TR><TR><TD>23</TD><TD>Seattle Seahawks</TD><TD>9-7</TD></TR><TR><TD>24</TD><TD>Green Bay Packers</TD><TD>10-6</TD></TR><TR><TD>25</TD><TD>Denver Broncos</TD><TD>10-6</TD></TR><TR><TD>26</TD><TD>New York Jets</TD><TD>10-6</TD></TR><TR><TD>27</TD><TD>Atlanta Falcons</TD><TD>11-5</TD></TR><TR><TD>28</TD><TD>San Diego Chargers</TD><TD>12-4</TD></TR><TR><TD>29</TD><TD>Indianapolis Colts</TD><TD>12-4</TD></TR><TR><TD>30</TD><TD>Pittsburgh Steelers</TD><TD>15-1</TD></TR><TR><TD>31</TD><TD>Philadelphia Eagles</TD><TD>13-3</TD></TR><TR><TD>32</TD><TD>New England Patriots</TD><TD>14-2</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

NFL Draft Junkie
03-28-2005, 02:06 PM
Even though they could use a tackle like Jammal Brown, they'd be stupid to pass up Troy Williamson, WR, South Carolina at this point.

Williamson.

clumping platelets
03-28-2005, 02:10 PM
Williamson's availability at this point could open up a trade down possibility :D

I think they address the need at RT

Jammal Brown

Michael82
03-28-2005, 02:15 PM
With Drew Bledsoe throwing, you have to have a solid Offensive line. I see the Cowboys taking OT Jammal Brown from Oklahoma at this pick if he is still available.

Sportsuser101
03-28-2005, 02:20 PM
Keep building the offensive line.

OT Jamaal Brown - Oklahoma

Slim
03-28-2005, 02:20 PM
Bledsoe needs time to throw the ball. Brown

SABURZFAN
03-28-2005, 02:34 PM
Even though they could use a tackle like Jammal Brown, they'd be stupid to pass up Troy Williamson, WR, South Carolina at this point.

Williamson.

i agree.how he slipped this far is beyond me.

williamson

you welcome dallas. :mad: :down:

gonzo1105
03-28-2005, 02:51 PM
Brown

mysticsoto
03-28-2005, 03:11 PM
I think they take Troy Williamson (WR). Unfortunately for them, they are not going to realize what a slow, mistake prone QB they have acquired - who would probably benefit with having Jamaal Brown at OT. Parcells may not have confidence in a rookie covering for DB anyway...And since DB is probably a 1-2 yr QB, better to get a good WR that can stay with them for years...

Shasta McNasty
03-28-2005, 03:14 PM
Troy WIlliamson.

Mr. Miyagi
03-28-2005, 03:15 PM
If Dallas takes Brown here, I can just see Bledsoe calling him up and telling him to get his back (ala Mike Williams in 02). :snicker:

BillsRockSOMUCH
03-28-2005, 04:01 PM
Troy Williamson

finsrclowns
03-28-2005, 04:05 PM
Jamal Brown

R. Rich
03-28-2005, 04:30 PM
I don't get how everyone believes Jammal Brown is some stud prospect at RIGHT tackle. He isn't. As a left tackle, where his athleticism will be more of an advantage, he could be. But, he doesn't have the bulk, strength, nor the solid run blocking necessary to be a dominant RT. Here's where they should do the best they can at both positions: if I had to make this choice, I'd look to get a guy like Ray Willis of Florida State later on to man the RT spot. Willis is bigger and more powerful than Brown, which are things you want from a RIGHT tackle. But, with this pick, seeing how he has unbelievably dropped this far and seeing how sorry their WR corps is, it just makes sense to take Troy Williamson. To get him here is a steal.

Sportsuser101
03-28-2005, 05:20 PM
I don't get how everyone believes Jammal Brown is some stud prospect at RIGHT tackle. He isn't. As a left tackle, where his athleticism will be more of an advantage, he could be. But, he doesn't have the bulk, strength, nor the solid run blocking necessary to be a dominant RT. Here's where they should do the best they can at both positions: if I had to make this choice, I'd look to get a guy like Ray Willis of Florida State later on to man the RT spot. Willis is bigger and more powerful than Brown, which are things you want from a RIGHT tackle. But, with this pick, seeing how he has unbelievably dropped this far and seeing how sorry their WR corps is, it just makes sense to take Troy Williamson. To get him here is a steal.
6'5 316 isn't exactly small. Also what is the obsession with having a RT that can run block and can't pass block? I'd rather have a guy that can block whether it be pass or run then just go for a guy that can run block. I'd rather have a guy that can do a decent job in the run game, pass block superbly then just go with a guy because he can run block. What happens if the RT gives up a ton of sacks because he can't pass block? I'd rather have the best player rather then a guy that just run blocks better. I'm sure thats how teams evaluate the tackle positions as well. The best player is going to start no matter if he's better at pass blocking or run blocking.

R. Rich
03-28-2005, 05:31 PM
6'5 316 isn't exactly small. Also what is the obsession with having a RT that can run block and can't pass block? I'd rather have a guy that can block whether it be pass or run then just go for a guy that can run block. I'd rather have a guy that can do a decent job in the run game, pass block superbly then just go with a guy because he can run block. What happens if the RT gives up a ton of sacks because he can't pass block? I'd rather have the best player rather then a guy that just run blocks better. I'm sure thats how teams evaluate the tackle positions as well. The best player is going to start no matter if he's better at pass blocking or run blocking.

No, it isn't small compared to the average person, but right tackles are getting bigger and bigger nowadays. Look at Max Starks of the Pittsburgh Steelers, the main reason why Oliver Ross was allowed to depart via free agency. This guy is 6-7 and 360. Willis isn't quite as big (6-6, 330), but is still a big guy with a lot of power.

I do see your point on Brown, though. The guy is a good athlete and a sound overall blocker. He's not chopped liver by any stretch of the imagination. I just think that any of these tackles are going to be overvalued in this year's draft because there's no good depth at the position and a noticeable dropoff after Barron and Brown. Maybe he'll become a dominant tackle on either side; who knows? I know if I were in that position, I'd look to getting Williamson at this pick because he's a great talent and it's rare that one will fall to a team this late. I'd then look to getting one of the best available right tackle prospects later on. In my opinion, they'd do better that way than getting Brown and then looking for a good WR later on.

chubluv
03-28-2005, 06:44 PM
Jamal Brown

Sportsuser101
03-28-2005, 08:44 PM
No, it isn't small compared to the average person, but right tackles are getting bigger and bigger nowadays. Look at Max Starks of the Pittsburgh Steelers, the main reason why Oliver Ross was allowed to depart via free agency. This guy is 6-7 and 360. Willis isn't quite as big (6-6, 330), but is still a big guy with a lot of power.

I do see your point on Brown, though. The guy is a good athlete and a sound overall blocker. He's not chopped liver by any stretch of the imagination. I just think that any of these tackles are going to be overvalued in this year's draft because there's no good depth at the position and a noticeable dropoff after Barron and Brown. Maybe he'll become a dominant tackle on either side; who knows? I know if I were in that position, I'd look to getting Williamson at this pick because he's a great talent and it's rare that one will fall to a team this late. I'd then look to getting one of the best available right tackle prospects later on. In my opinion, they'd do better that way than getting Brown and then looking for a good WR later on.
With Bledsoe they need all the pass protection they can get and Brown (who won the Outland trophy) can do exactly that. I just don't see the obsession with a huge run blocking guy at RT. I just think that getting a guy to block for Bledsoe and JJ is more important then getting a talented WR.

Samphin1
03-28-2005, 08:52 PM
Troy Williamson

MustWin
03-29-2005, 03:40 PM
Adrian McPherson, QB, Indiana Firebirds :crazy:

jamze132
03-29-2005, 05:26 PM
With Drew Bledsoe throwing, you have to have a solid Offensive line. I see the Cowboys taking OT Jammal Brown from Oklahoma at this pick if he is still available.
There is no hope, might as well take Jamal Brown!

lordofgun
03-30-2005, 01:14 PM
Cowboys take Jamaal Brown OT Oklahoma