Philip Rivers to SanFran for #1 pick????????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Novacane
    • Jul 2002

Philip Rivers to SanFran for #1 pick????????

Mar. 28 - Scouts Inc. is hearing that the 49ers are considering trading the No. 1 overall pick in this year's draft to the Chargers in exchange for second-year QB Philip Rivers. The deal would give the Chargers three first-round picks (1, 12, 28) and the 49ers a better quarterback prospect than they could find in this draft. Rivers grades out considerably higher than Cal's Aaron Rodgers and Utah's Alex Smith.

no link. You have to be a subscriber to ESPN insider.
  • Iehoshua
    • Jan 2003

Originally posted by regor
    Mar. 28 - Scouts Inc. is hearing that the 49ers are considering trading the No. 1 overall pick in this year's draft to the Chargers in exchange for second-year QB Philip Rivers. The deal would give the Chargers three first-round picks (1, 12, 28) and the 49ers a better quarterback prospect than they could find in this draft. Rivers grades out considerably higher than Cal's Aaron Rodgers and Utah's Alex Smith.

no link. You have to be a subscriber to ESPN insider.

Wow...

Comment

• Tatonka
      • Jul 2002

i read on kffl recently that this rumor was not true at all... but who knows..
      "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• DraftBoy
        Administrator
        • Jul 2002

Assuming it is true who would San Diego grab at #1? Not a QB, not a RB an OL, WR would be a slight reach here. They may trade down then and get more picks, this changes things alot.
        COMING SOON...
        Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
        We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• sdbillsfan1
          • Mar 2005

Not saying it's true or not ..but if it is ,no local coverage about it here in S.D.

Comment

• SABURZFAN
            short bus extraordinaire
            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by sdbillsfan1
            Not saying it's true or not ..but if it is ,no local coverage about it here in S.D.

start poking around the san diego webpages.
            Originally posted by yordad
            Christ, you are the queerest person in the history of Bills fanhood. I swear to god I would stomp you.

Comment

• sdbillsfan1
              • Mar 2005

Just checked the chargers forum. The "bolt heads" there don't think this is gonna happen either! seems they don't place a lot of faith in Scouts.com either .
              I'm not a bolts fan so I'm not up on all the chargers news ..but I do know the Bills fans got there S*** together !

Comment

• RetroRaiders81
                Raidaas Fans Watch Will and Grace
                • Mar 2005

Are you kidding me? Oakland offered them Woodson for it, I think thats a better deal.
                The Houston Retro Raiders.

Comment

• Philagape
                  WIN NOW
                  • Jul 2002

I'd do it if I were SD, and draft Edwards. Then they'd have their triplets, assuming Brees wasn't a one-year wonder.
                  "It is better to be divided by truth than to be united by error." -- Martin Luther

"Those who appease the crocodile will simply be eaten last." -- Winston Churchill

2003 BZ Pick Em Champion
                  2004 BZ Big Money League Champion

Comment

• The Spaz
                    • Mar 2003

Interesting.

Comment

• Sportsuser101
                      • Feb 2005

Rivers is garbage. I didn't want anything to do with him if he was there at #13 last year. To be honest I wouldn't have even taken him in the 2nd. The 3rd was where I would have taken him based on production only.

If the Chargers can get the #1 pick even if it is a weak draft and even with the cap hit I would do it in a heartbeat. Then again I wouldn't have traded for Rivers in the 1st place if I were the Chargers. Amazing the #4 overall pick in a deep draft may be on his 3rd team without even starting a game for the 1st 2.

I heard the rumor too but kffl said it was not true.
                      Dareus - 1st Round Pick

Comment

• HAMMER
                        I'm right, Miyagi is wrong.
                        • Jul 2003

Originally posted by sdbillsfan1
                        sd-

Fellow SD Bills fan here, are you a Melon regular? Please advise.

Comment

• R. Rich
                          • Apr 2003

Originally posted by DraftBoy
                          Assuming it is true who would San Diego grab at #1? Not a QB, not a RB an OL, WR would be a slight reach here. They may trade down then and get more picks, this changes things alot.
                          It's all about finding someone who is willing to trade with you and offer you someting comparable. Right now, nobody is looking to move up that high, especially in a lackluster draft like this one.

Comment

• DraftBoy
                            Administrator
                            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by R. Rich
                            It's all about finding someone who is willing to trade with you and offer you someting comparable. Right now, nobody is looking to move up that high, especially in a lackluster draft like this one.

Very true, I honestly think SD has a trade partner in mind who wants the #1 pick and is willing to give them what they want.
                            COMING SOON...
                            Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
                            We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• That Guy
                              • Apr 2004

I'm almost positive that this move would be to get Braylon Edwards. While I have no "inside sources" confirming that... I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night.

Comment

Working...
                              X