PDA

View Full Version : Philip Rivers to SanFran for #1 pick????????

Novacane
03-28-2005, 03:45 PM
Mar. 28 - Scouts Inc. is hearing that the 49ers are considering trading the No. 1 overall pick in this year's draft to the Chargers in exchange for second-year QB Philip Rivers. The deal would give the Chargers three first-round picks (1, 12, 28) and the 49ers a better quarterback prospect than they could find in this draft. Rivers grades out considerably higher than Cal's Aaron Rodgers and Utah's Alex Smith.

no link. You have to be a subscriber to ESPN insider.

Iehoshua
03-28-2005, 03:48 PM
Mar. 28 - Scouts Inc. is hearing that the 49ers are considering trading the No. 1 overall pick in this year's draft to the Chargers in exchange for second-year QB Philip Rivers. The deal would give the Chargers three first-round picks (1, 12, 28) and the 49ers a better quarterback prospect than they could find in this draft. Rivers grades out considerably higher than Cal's Aaron Rodgers and Utah's Alex Smith.

no link. You have to be a subscriber to ESPN insider.
:jawdrop:

Wow...

Tatonka
03-28-2005, 03:54 PM
i read on kffl recently that this rumor was not true at all... but who knows..

DraftBoy
03-28-2005, 04:01 PM
Assuming it is true who would San Diego grab at #1? Not a QB, not a RB an OL, WR would be a slight reach here. They may trade down then and get more picks, this changes things alot.

sdbillsfan1
03-28-2005, 04:04 PM
Not saying it's true or not ..but if it is ,no local coverage about it here in S.D.

SABURZFAN
03-28-2005, 04:43 PM
Not saying it's true or not ..but if it is ,no local coverage about it here in S.D.

start poking around the san diego webpages.

sdbillsfan1
03-28-2005, 04:44 PM
Just checked the chargers forum. The "bolt heads" there don't think this is gonna happen either! seems they don't place a lot of faith in Scouts.com either .
I'm not a bolts fan so I'm not up on all the chargers news ..but I do know the Bills fans got there S*** together !

RetroRaiders81
03-28-2005, 04:48 PM
Are you kidding me? Oakland offered them Woodson for it, I think thats a better deal.

Philagape
03-28-2005, 04:50 PM
I'd do it if I were SD, and draft Edwards. Then they'd have their triplets, assuming Brees wasn't a one-year wonder.

The Spaz
03-28-2005, 04:59 PM
Interesting.

Sportsuser101
03-28-2005, 05:02 PM
Rivers is garbage. I didn't want anything to do with him if he was there at #13 last year. To be honest I wouldn't have even taken him in the 2nd. The 3rd was where I would have taken him based on production only.

If the Chargers can get the #1 pick even if it is a weak draft and even with the cap hit I would do it in a heartbeat. Then again I wouldn't have traded for Rivers in the 1st place if I were the Chargers. Amazing the #4 overall pick in a deep draft may be on his 3rd team without even starting a game for the 1st 2.

I heard the rumor too but kffl said it was not true.

HAMMER
03-28-2005, 05:04 PM
sd-

Fellow SD Bills fan here, are you a Melon regular? Please advise.

R. Rich
03-28-2005, 05:23 PM
Assuming it is true who would San Diego grab at #1? Not a QB, not a RB an OL, WR would be a slight reach here. They may trade down then and get more picks, this changes things alot.

It's all about finding someone who is willing to trade with you and offer you someting comparable. Right now, nobody is looking to move up that high, especially in a lackluster draft like this one.

DraftBoy
03-28-2005, 05:27 PM
It's all about finding someone who is willing to trade with you and offer you someting comparable. Right now, nobody is looking to move up that high, especially in a lackluster draft like this one.

Very true, I honestly think SD has a trade partner in mind who wants the #1 pick and is willing to give them what they want.

That Guy
03-28-2005, 05:47 PM
I'm almost positive that this move would be to get Braylon Edwards. While I have no "inside sources" confirming that... I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night.

colin
03-28-2005, 06:14 PM
if they pull a sign and swap this would be smart for both teams.

while there would be a nice cap hit upfront for both (on the bonus) the teams could restructure other contracts and be no worse off, san fran could get a QB they like, and sandiego could get a potentially great WR or OL.

san diego is shaping up to be a pretty good team, but having 2 top money quarterbacks on your roster is bad, particularly when you have kinda picked one as the man.

EDS
03-28-2005, 06:50 PM
Rivers is garbage. I didn't want anything to do with him if he was there at #13 last year. To be honest I wouldn't have even taken him in the 2nd. The 3rd was where I would have taken him based on production only.

If the Chargers can get the #1 pick even if it is a weak draft and even with the cap hit I would do it in a heartbeat. Then again I wouldn't have traded for Rivers in the 1st place if I were the Chargers. Amazing the #4 overall pick in a deep draft may be on his 3rd team without even starting a game for the 1st 2.

I would have been thrilled with Rivers at 13 last year. Not saying I am disappointed with how things turned out, but Rivers is an excellent prospect. Not sure why you would have him in the 3rd round based on "production" - because he was incredibly productive as a 4 year starter in college.

Novacane
03-28-2005, 08:25 PM
Are you kidding me? Oakland offered them Woodson for it, I think thats a better deal.

Woodson for the #1 pick in the draft? Yeah Right! AJ Smith would hang up on them if the Gayders offered that deal :crazy:

McClane
03-28-2005, 08:45 PM
Says alot about Alex Smith's and Aaron Rodgers' assessment..

Samphin1
03-28-2005, 08:50 PM
Woodson for the #1 pick in the draft? Yeah Right! AJ Smith would hang up on them if the Gayders offered that deal :crazy:

AJ Smith wouldn't be on the phone. It would be Woodson to SAN FRAN for the number one pick. San Diego doesn't have it...yet.

If they did this, they had better pray that Brees doesn't remember that he is Brees and melt down on them. They could draft Edwards, pick up a nice defensive player at 12 and trade the last pick or just pick the BPA at the tail end of the first round. San Diego would be sitting pretty if they did this. Something tells me they don't want to pay for three first rounders though.

Dozerdog
03-28-2005, 08:54 PM
There is no way the Chargers could eat all that signing bonus they gave Rivers (A trade would mean they would have to eat it in this year's cap) AND cough up the dough for another #1 overall pick.

Makes zero financial sense

Sportsuser101
03-28-2005, 08:57 PM
I would have been thrilled with Rivers at 13 last year. Not saying I am disappointed with how things turned out, but Rivers is an excellent prospect. Not sure why you would have him in the 3rd round based on "production" - because he was incredibly productive as a 4 year starter in college.
I do not like him and I'm not the only 1. Ron Jaworski, probably the best analyst on tv, had him ranked as the 5th rated QB (Schaub was the 4th guy). Rivers throwing motion is terrible. He cannot throw the deep pass because of a lack of arm strength and when he does throw it deep he is not accurate. He is not mobile at all. He also was in a very good system (Mazzone ball as they call it) so its questionable whether it would translate well to the NFL. Its the same system that Mazzone ran in Oregon with Joey Harrington and Akili Smith.

carybillsfan
03-28-2005, 09:01 PM
Ron Jaworski, probably the best analyst on tv, had him ranked as the 5th rated QB (Schaub was the 4th guy).

Ron Jaworski is far from the best analyst. He had Mirer rated higher than bledsoe, and said, "The colts made the biggest mistake ever by taking Manning over Leaf."

Anyways I talked to one of phil's friends today. He said that Phil had not heard of anything from SD. Marty acttually has been preparing for phil and drew to battle it out. From everything I've heard expect a very short leash on drew, if he comes out iffy he'll get yanked

Novacane
03-28-2005, 09:03 PM
AJ Smith wouldn't be on the phone. It would be Woodson to SAN FRAN for the number one pick. San Diego doesn't have it...yet.

If they did this, they had better pray that Brees doesn't remember that he is Brees and melt down on them. They could draft Edwards, pick up a nice defensive player at 12 and trade the last pick or just pick the BPA at the tail end of the first round. San Diego would be sitting pretty if they did this. Something tells me they don't want to pay for three first rounders though.

:up:

I was in to much of a hurry to tell the Raiders fan he's crazy :D

Sportsuser101
03-28-2005, 09:06 PM
Ron Jaworski is far from the best analyst. He had Mirer rated higher than bledsoe, and said, "The colts made the biggest mistake ever by taking Manning over Leaf."

Anyways I talked to one of phil's friends today. He said that Phil had not heard of anything from SD. Marty acttually has been preparing for phil and drew to battle it out. From everything I've heard expect a very short leash on drew, if he comes out iffy he'll get yanked
Umm.. come on at least get your facts right. Kiper was the 1 that said that. I'm not sure about the Mirer part because I don't remember it.

Also Jaworski is the best tv analyst. He breaks down game film better then anyone and is smarter then any analyst on tv. Not sure what else you need from a guy.

I could see why you are killing Jaworski though being that it seems you have your own interest in Rivers.

jpdex12
03-28-2005, 09:17 PM

What are you basing your statement on that "Rivers is garbage"?

We haven't even seen him play one game yet and he has some of the best college stats I have ever seen. I think that he is gonna be a great QB when he gets his chance.

jpdex12
03-28-2005, 09:20 PM
There is no way the Chargers could eat all that signing bonus they gave Rivers (A trade would mean they would have to eat it in this year's cap) AND cough up the dough for another #1 overall pick.

Makes zero financial sense
Yeah, no way that this happens. How do the Chargers know that Brees didn't just shoot his wad to get a good contract in a FA year? And he didn't even get a long term contract out of his one year effort. That would be a big gamble to keep him and lose signing bonus $$ by trading Rivers.

Sportsuser101
03-28-2005, 09:23 PM
What are you basing your statement on that "Rivers is garbage"?

We haven't even seen him play one game yet and he has some of the best college stats I have ever seen. I think that he is gonna be a great QB when he gets his chance.
See post earlier in the thread for my response.

jpdex12
03-28-2005, 09:29 PM
I do not like him and I'm not the only 1. Ron Jaworski, probably the best analyst on tv, had him ranked as the 5th rated QB (Schaub was the 4th guy). Rivers throwing motion is terrible. He cannot throw the deep pass because of a lack of arm strength and when he does throw it deep he is not accurate. He is not mobile at all. He also was in a very good system (Mazzone ball as they call it) so its questionable whether it would translate well to the NFL. Its the same system that Mazzone ran in Oregon with Joey Harrington and Akili Smith.
Jaws is an idiot!

How can a lack of arm strength, poor throwing motion, a weak arm and poor accuracy lead to this......
College: Second-leading passer in NCAA history with 13,484 passing yards, most in school and Atlantic Coast Conference history...set NCAA record with 51 starts at quarterback...went 34-17 as starter...second all-time in NCAA history with 13,582 career total yards...tied for fifth in NCAA history with 95 touchdown passes...set school and conference career records for passing attempts (1,710), completions (1,147), touchdowns responsible for (112), 300-yard passing games (18) and 400-yard passing games (7)...was seventh quarterback in NCAA history and first in ACC history to record three 3,000-yard seasons.

2003: Second-team All-America by NFL Draft Report...finished seventh in voting for Heisman Trophy...unanimous choice as ACC Player of Year and first-team All-ACC...led NCAA in completion percentage (.720) and passer rating (170.5)...ranked second nationally in passing yards (4,491) and total offense per game (353.9)...ranked third in completions (348) and completions per game (26.8)... ranked sixth in touchdown passes (34)... ranked ninth in points responsible for (17.4) ...set conference records for total offense (4,600), total offense per game (353.9), touchdowns responsible for (37), passing yards (4,491), touchdown passes (34), completion percentage (.720), completions (348) and attempts (483)...MVP of Tangerine Bowl after passing for career-high 475 yards and five touchdowns in 56-26 drubbing of Kansas...was second-most passing yards in school history and most touchdown passes...threw for 422 yards in double-overtime loss at Florida State...named ACC Player of Week after 51-37 win over Virginia...completed first 17 passes against Cavaliers and 29 of 34 in game for 410 yards and four touchdowns...threw for 423 yards against North Carolina...named ACC Offensive Back of Week after tossing four touchdown passes against Ohio State... passed for 433 yards against Wake Forest, fifth-most in school history...set school mark with 38 completions against Demon Deacons...passed for career-high completion percentage (.867) against Western Carolina, going 26 of 30 for 320 yards and three touchdowns.

2002: Second-team All-ACC ...earned "Award of Distinction" from Columbus Touchdown Club...co-recipient of Governor’s Award for team MVP...set school record for quarterbacks with 10 rushing touchdowns...named MVP of Gator Bowl in 28-6 win over Notre Dame...ACC Offensive Back of Week and CNN/SI National Player of Week against Navy after tying school record with five touchdown passes...set school marks against Midshipmen for yards per completion (30.9) and yards per attempt (20.6)...threw five touchdown passes against East Tennessee... ACC Offensive Back of Week and Atlanta Journal Constitution Player of Week after 34-14 win over New Mexico.

Dude...are you smoking the same **** that Ricky Williams was on when he chose to quit the NFL and piss away millions of $$$? I don't think that you throw (18) 300+ yard games and (7) 400+ yard games by having a weak arm.

jpdex12
03-28-2005, 09:35 PM
Umm.. come on at least get your facts right. Kiper was the 1 that said that. I'm not sure about the Mirer part because I don't remember it.

Also Jaworski is the best tv analyst. He breaks down game film better then anyone and is smarter then any analyst on tv. Not sure what else you need from a guy.

I could see why you are killing Jaworski though being that it seems you have your own interest in Rivers.
So you think that Jaws is a better TV analyst than Dan Marino? Are you related to Jaworski? Jaws ranks right up there with Chris Collinsworth and Paul MaGuire!:roflmao:

Sportsuser101
03-28-2005, 10:09 PM
Ahh.. the old are you smoking crack post. Intelligent.

And he doesn't have a weak arm I said he doesn't have the arm strength to make the deep throws. Also if you're going to go by stats then why isn't Jason White the #1 overall pick? Or Kliff Klingsbury a few years ago? They both put up huge stats. I guess stats and awards aren't everything.

Also if you look at his offense scheme that Mazzone runs (which by the way you failed to mention in your response) he developed some highly touted QBs from that system (Joey Harrington, Akili Smith and now Philip Rivers). It is a very good offense for QBs to be succesful in.

Ahh.. the old are you related to him post. Yet another intelligent response.

And yes Jaworski is a better analyst then Marino. Also Marino almost never evaluates game film. You really need to watch Jaworski because you obviously haven't. If you did you would learn alot about the game of football. He is clearly 1 of, if not the best analyst in the game.

Negged for being an idiot with your unintelligent responses.

Throne Logic
03-28-2005, 10:11 PM

This was actually posted on ESPN's site in T-Mobile's T-Zones. I read it a few days ago actually. At the time I thought it was rather a good move for both teams, but Dozer had a great point that I'd not thought about. The signing bonus CAP hit would be large. However, if you weigh that hit vs. carrying 2 very well paid QB's . . . Somehow, I just don't see both Brees and Rivers in San Diego uni's come training camp. Furthermore, I really don't see them dumping Brees after the year that offense put together. Whether or not you feel Brees is a good QB, he definitely clicked with the rest of that cast in 2004. Why break that up? Besides, 2004 was the first year Brees had a good cast around him other than LT, especially the WR's. Unless you want to convince me that Boston was something.

Sportsuser101
03-28-2005, 10:15 PM
David Boston? Didn't he use to play outfield for the Mets and Redsox? Yeah thats it.

Tatonka
03-28-2005, 11:59 PM
wow.. sportsuser... i could not disagree with you any more..

but it really doesnt matter.. all we know right now is that rivers was an absolutely great college qb.. until he gets his chance to play, he definately is NOT garbage.

Sportsuser101
03-29-2005, 12:25 AM
wow.. sportsuser... i could not disagree with you any more..

but it really doesnt matter.. all we know right now is that rivers was an absolutely great college qb.. until he gets his chance to play, he definately is NOT garbage.
Jason White won a heisman and was in the running for another but its doubtful that he will become a good pro. So college stats and awards are absolutely meaningless.

Garbage may have been the wrong word. Overrated is a better word. Anybody that has a chance to become a pro athlete is not garbage. I appologize for using that word.

Kerr
03-29-2005, 12:27 AM
How about letting him play first before you come under the assumption that he's absolute garbage? The same could be said about Losman.

Tatonka
03-29-2005, 12:49 AM
Jason White won a heisman and was in the running for another but its doubtful that he will become a good pro. So college stats and awards are absolutely meaningless.

Garbage may have been the wrong word. Overrated is a better word. Anybody that has a chance to become a pro athlete is not garbage. I appologize for using that word.

NO!.. it is too late.. you called him garbage.. the damage is done.. i hate you.. damn you to hell.. you are no friend of mine!! :negrep:

Sportsuser101
03-29-2005, 01:14 AM
How about letting him play first before you come under the assumption that he's absolute garbage? The same could be said about Losman.
Its called projecting.

Sportsuser101
03-29-2005, 01:15 AM
NO!.. it is too late.. you called him garbage.. the damage is done.. i hate you.. damn you to hell.. you are no friend of mine!! :negrep:
:shocked:

The_Philster
03-29-2005, 05:06 AM
So you think that Jaws is a better TV analyst than Dan Marino? Are you related to Jaworski? Jaws ranks right up there with Chris Collinsworth and Paul MaGuire!:roflmao:

I'd wager you're in the minority as far as thinking Marino is a better analyst than Jaws. Does Marino have a show breaking down actual game film?

LtFinFan66
03-29-2005, 05:10 AM

no link. You have to be a subscriber to ESPN insider.We were talking about that too. They said Rivers and the #12 pick for SF #1 pickhttp://www.finheaven.com/boardvb2/showthread.php?t=72083

LifetimeBillsFan
03-29-2005, 08:51 AM
I don't know if this story really "has legs" or not--especially given the reports about Rodgers workout last week.

SI's Michael Silver reported that the 49ers liked Rodgers even before his impressive showing: "Going into Thursday's workout, sources familiar with the 49ers' thinking said Rodgers was the prohibitive favorite to go No. 1. If so, the decision is now a no-brainer." http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2005/writers/michael_silver/03/18/silver.arod/index.html

But, if the 49ers are interested in trading for Rivers, I must say that I totally disagree with Sportsuser101's assessment of Rivers.

In addition to all of the accomplishments jpdex12 cited above, Rivers was the hands-down winner of the MVP at the Senior Bowl with an outstanding performance that, to a great extent, propelled him into the top 10 in last season's draft. Working with NFL coaches and running an offense that was quite different from the one he played in at NC State, Rivers not only impressed in practices, but lit up the opposition in the first half of the game (which was all he played). He not only showed that he was not a product of the offensive system at NC State, but allayed a lot of NFL scouts' concerns about his unothodox delivery by demonstrating the ability to move in the pocket and find the proper throwing lanes. And, if I am not mistaken, one of his TD passes in the game was a perfectly thrown deep ball that traveled far enough to allay any concerns about his arm strength.

In the pre-draft reports last year, there were scouts quoted as saying that Rivers was the most mature and most ready to start of the top 4 QBs taken in the draft. He was also considered to be the most accurate passer of the four--something that was reflected in the stats cited by jpdex12.

I happened to have seen quite a number of P.Rivers' games on TV while he was at NC State and, as much as I liked B.Roethlisberger, I felt that Rivers might be the best leader of the top 3 QBs (I didn't see enough of JP to be able to form an opinion about him) drafted. He led spirited comebacks, played well against superior competition, and often was called upon to carry his team without much support--when TA McClendon repeatedly was injuried and he had no running game and his senior year when NC State had a poor offensive line.

While Rivers has shown nothing on the NFL level and we have no idea what he can do on that level--because he hasn't had a chance to play--I strongly disagree with Sportsuser101's assessment that he is "garbage". Rivers has as much potential to be a successful NFL QB as any 1st Round caliber QB in last year's draft and certainly in this one. Peyton Manning he's probably not, but, then again, neither is Eli Manning. And, I seriously doubt that Rodgers or A.Smith are either!

I think that it is an intriguing trade, if the report proves to be true. I think that it would make the Chargers a force to be reckond with in the AFC for years to come. I don't know how much better it would make the 49ers because they need a lot more than just a QB, but it would certainly give them a QB who would be more ready to step in as the starter this season than either Rodgers or, especially, A.Smith are at this point.

Mr. Miyagi
03-29-2005, 08:56 AM
I don't believe it. None of this makes sense for San Diego. Who in the world would they want to move up to draft? There is no "can't miss" prospect this year, not at #1.

Tatonka
03-29-2005, 09:02 AM
:shocked:

:snicker:

Gunzlingr
03-29-2005, 09:55 AM
I'd wager you're in the minority as far as thinking Marino is a better analyst than Jaws. Does Marino have a show breaking down actual game film?
No, but he does have a commercial for Isotoner gloves!

jpdex12
03-29-2005, 10:20 AM
So do you guys think that Marino was one of the best QB's ever because he did not analize game film? Watching game film is only one aspect of being a great player, but how different do you think that it really is analizing game film when you are a player compared to working for a network? I hate the fact that I'm sticking up for that Fins QB who I hated in the rivalry with Buffalo, but he is a hell of a lot better than Jaws as a player and film analyst, IMO!
I think it helped Jaws more to get hired as an analyst because he's a doof and the network needed some character on the program with the others.

buffmaniac
03-29-2005, 10:20 AM
I don't believe it. None of this makes sense for San Diego. Who in the world would they want to move up to draft? There is no "can't miss" prospect this year, not at #1.

Braylon Edwards? Just a guess. I wouldn't say he is a can't miss but he is probably the closest IMO.

Mr. Miyagi
03-29-2005, 11:55 AM
Braylon Edwards? Just a guess. I wouldn't say he is a can't miss but he is probably the closest IMO.
Yes he'd be a best WR out there but no way he's worth the #1 overall.

Sportsuser101
03-29-2005, 02:21 PM
So do you guys think that Marino was one of the best QB's ever because he did not analize game film? Watching game film is only one aspect of being a great player, but how different do you think that it really is analizing game film when you are a player compared to working for a network? I hate the fact that I'm sticking up for that Fins QB who I hated in the rivalry with Buffalo, but he is a hell of a lot better than Jaws as a player and film analyst, IMO!
I think it helped Jaws more to get hired as an analyst because he's a doof and the network needed some character on the program with the others.
:lmao: Like I said you should be watching Jaworski closer. He is the best analyst in the game. Plain and simple and to put Marino into the equation is just laughable. Being a great player has nothing to do with being an analyst.

jamze132
03-29-2005, 02:45 PM
I love all these rumors. Heres one for ya...

Tom Donahoe is being shopped around the league by Mr. Wilson in return for strippers and a week in Vegas. Latest rumor on the proposed trade has Jerry Jones offering Drew Bledsoe back in exchange for the Vegas trip. Mr. Wilson is currently pondering the trade. Stay tuned for more info as we here it straight from the horses ass.

carybillsfan
03-29-2005, 03:07 PM
:lmao: Like I said you should be watching Jaworski closer. He is the best analyst in the game. Plain and simple and to put Marino into the equation is just laughable. Being a great player has nothing to do with being an analyst.

If Jaws is such a good analyst then answer this for me, why was he turned down to for 3 NFL scouting jobs before signing on with ESPN. Also to set you straight Jaws does not do all the breaking down of the X's and O's for his show. There is a group of former scouts and coaches, I believe between 7-10 per team, that travel to several games and breakdown the plays. Jaws is nothing more than the anchor man relaying the story and corresponding to the public what he has already been taught.

It's nothing personal against him, i've met him, he's a nice guy but he's wrong more times than not. Oh and your wrong about kiper believing Leaf was better than Manning, it was Jaws...Kiper has always been a huge Manning fan, where as Jaws did not get along with Archie on the field from several stories i've been told. He put personal feelings over true professionalism when he backed Leaf which is a sign of a bad analyst, period.

Sportsuser101
03-29-2005, 03:28 PM
If Jaws is such a good analyst then answer this for me, why was he turned down to for 3 NFL scouting jobs before signing on with ESPN. Also to set you straight Jaws does not do all the breaking down of the X's and O's for his show. There is a group of former scouts and coaches, I believe between 7-10 per team, that travel to several games and breakdown the plays. Jaws is nothing more than the anchor man relaying the story and corresponding to the public what he has already been taught.

It's nothing personal against him, i've met him, he's a nice guy but he's wrong more times than not. Oh and your wrong about kiper believing Leaf was better than Manning, it was Jaws...Kiper has always been a huge Manning fan, where as Jaws did not get along with Archie on the field from several stories i've been told. He put personal feelings over true professionalism when he backed Leaf which is a sign of a bad analyst, period.
You are wrong. I wish I had the tape about Kiper saying that. The fans were booing him when he said it too. I did a google search and couldn't find anything but a dolphin fan saying the same thing I said.

Also if Jaworski is such a bad analyst then why did Carson Palmer ask him to come evaluating film with him among others?

I don't know about the 3 scouting jobs he was turned for and frankly I don't care. When I watch him on tv he knows how to evaluate game film and talk about football better then anyone on tv. Also I'd like to know how you know all this. Frankly I don't believe it.

Jaworski is the best analyst on tv imo and to put Marino into the equation is just laughable.

gr8slayer
03-29-2005, 03:44 PM
I seriously dont see how this is going to happen.

The_Philster
03-29-2005, 04:01 PM
You are wrong. I wish I had the tape about Kiper saying that. The fans were booing him when he said it too. I did a google search and couldn't find anything but a dolphin fan saying the same thing I said.

Also if Jaworski is such a bad analyst then why did Carson Palmer ask him to come evaluating film with him among others?

I don't know about the 3 scouting jobs he was turned for and frankly I don't care. When I watch him on tv he knows how to evaluate game film and talk about football better then anyone on tv. Also I'd like to know how you know all this. Frankly I don't believe it.

Jaworski is the best analyst on tv imo and to put Marino into the equation is just laughable.

Besides, that was before ESPN...his job requires him to watch more game film than pretty much anyone. My thought is that all that work has only improved his analyzing abilities

jpdex12
03-29-2005, 08:20 PM

Are you gay for Jaworski or what? Maybe you couldn't find anything on Google because you made it up. It is true that every anchor has plenty of assistance in preparing their information. Have you ever noticed Jaworski's pupils move side to side when he's breaking down film on the show? That is called reading the script during the show. A real analyst!
Say....you're from NJ. Are you sure that you're not an Eagles fan?
BTW, 15+ posts a day is impressive and you signed on last month. Do you have a job? :loser:

gobuffalo2007
03-29-2005, 08:23 PM
They just said on ESPN that it is compleatly untrue and that san fran said there are better players in the draft this season.

Sportsuser101
03-29-2005, 08:48 PM
Are you gay for Jaworski or what? Maybe you couldn't find anything on Google because you made it up. It is true that every anchor has plenty of assistance in preparing their information. Have you ever noticed Jaworski's pupils move side to side when he's breaking down film on the show? That is called reading the script during the show. A real analyst!
Say....you're from NJ. Are you sure that you're not an Eagles fan?
BTW, 15+ posts a day is impressive and you signed on last month. Do you have a job? :loser: Ahh.. the old are you gay or something because I disagree with your point? Another intelligent response.

Umm I looked up anything on Jaworski and Kiper and the only thing that was said was that a Dolphin fan said that Kiper said that Leaf was better then Manning. I don't need proof for myself because I remember sitting there watching it and the crowd at the draft was booing Kiper for backing Leaf ahead of Manning.

Umm.. every analyst has a script. So what does that solve? You do realize that most analysts write there own notes? Come on man you can not be this ignorant. Also when he's analyzing game film I cannot see his eyes because the camera is on the actual game film. Thats usually how it works lol.

Why would I be an Eagle fan if I live in Jersey? If anything I would be a Giant or Jet fan because I live 10 minutes away from the stadium. Maybe you should get out more and drive around and find out where things are.

Yes I have a job. I work for Jersey City MUA (government job). If you actually had a government job you would know that you have alot of free time. Anybody that works for the government would know this. Sorry that you have to work for Burger King for a living.

But enough with the personal attacks. Just because you don't want to believe me doesn't mean you have to start with personal attacks.

Also you never responded to my post saying that Carson Palmer (among others) have asked Jaws to evaluate game film with him. I mean I'm pretty sure he didn't take his scouting group that you say he supposely has to come to talk with these guys. So please I'd really like to see your response to why these NFL players are coming to Jaws to evaluate game film if he is such a bad analyst.

Captain gameboy
03-29-2005, 09:02 PM
Regardless of what you think about Jaws, and I happen to agree with you, there are two items in this thread that get my attention.

First, you claim that college stuff doesn't matter, after claiming that you don't like Rivers on a "production" basis.

If college doesn't matter, what production are you basing this on?

Second, I live in an ACC town, and have talked to a lot of guys who have done camps with Rivers and Schaub. I've seen them head to head on four seperate occasions, and talked to guys who have been with them far more than that.

Schaub is no Rivers. Period.

Rivers may end up a bust.
He certainly rose far higher and faster than anyone I have ever seen, and in my mind his rise was somewhat unjustified.

But Schaub is no Rivers.
Not now.
Not ever.

Sportsuser101
03-29-2005, 09:29 PM
Regardless of what you think about Jaws, and I happen to agree with you, there are two items in this thread that get my attention.

First, you claim that college stuff doesn't matter, after claiming that you don't like Rivers on a "production" basis.

If college doesn't matter, what production are you basing this on?

Second, I live in an ACC town, and have talked to a lot of guys who have done camps with Rivers and Schaub. I've seen them head to head on four seperate occasions, and talked to guys who have been with them far more than that.

Schaub is no Rivers. Period.

Rivers may end up a bust.
He certainly rose far higher and faster than anyone I have ever seen, and in my mind his rise was somewhat unjustified.

But Schaub is no Rivers.
Not now.
Not ever.
College stats and awards do not matter to me. Eric Crouch won the heisman award nothing as a pro. Ron Dayne was the all time leading rusher in NCAA history at 1 time. Has done nothing as a pro. Adrian Peterson all tiem leading rusher in NCAA history right now and has done nothing as a pro.

I'm not sure I ever said production. I believe I said projection. You project a player by physical skills and taking a look at the offensive (or if a defensive player defensive) schemes and the talent that is around them. College #s do not matter to me when I evaluate a player especially in an offense that NC State runs.

Like I said look at the offensive scheme Rivers ran. It was the same offense that brought us Akili Smith and Joey Harrington. Schaub ran a multiple offense in which running backs are more important.

Also from what I saw from Schaub in a limited basis in camp he looked very very good. I had Schaub ahead of Rivers like Jaworski but Jaworski still had Rivers as a 2nd round talent. I had him as a 3rd round talent.

LifetimeBillsFan
03-30-2005, 01:20 AM
College stats and awards do not matter to me. Eric Crouch won the heisman award nothing as a pro. Ron Dayne was the all time leading rusher in NCAA history at 1 time. Has done nothing as a pro. Adrian Peterson all tiem leading rusher in NCAA history right now and has done nothing as a pro.

I'm not sure I ever said production. I believe I said projection. You project a player by physical skills and taking a look at the offensive (or if a defensive player defensive) schemes and the talent that is around them. College #s do not matter to me when I evaluate a player especially in an offense that NC State runs.

Like I said look at the offensive scheme Rivers ran. It was the same offense that brought us Akili Smith and Joey Harrington. Schaub ran a multiple offense in which running backs are more important.

Also from what I saw from Schaub in a limited basis in camp he looked very very good. I had Schaub ahead of Rivers like Jaworski but Jaworski still had Rivers as a 2nd round talent. I had him as a 3rd round talent.
Since you are basing your evaluation on the offensive scheme, why are you choosing to ignore Rivers' performance in the Senior Bowl where he practiced and played brilliantly in a pro-style offense? And, moreover, you are quite simply wrong about the offensive system that he played in in college.

While you may have had Rivers rated as a 3rd round pick and Jaworski may have had him as a 2nd rounder, there were other professional NFL scouts and coaches--more than just one or two--who rated him much higher than that based on his performance in that game and the practices leading up to it as well as the individual and group workouts that he did for the various teams before the draft.

You say that you are not basing your evaluation on how he performed in college--which allows you to ignore his productivity--but, then, base your evaluation on his performance in the offensive scheme that he played in at NC State, without taking into account how he performed when he did have a chance to play in a purely pro-style offense. It seems to me that you are being pretty selective in the criteria that you are choosing to use in evaluating Rivers in order to support your preconceived opinion of him--especially since your information about the offensive system that Rivers played in at NC State is incorrect to begin with.

FYI: Rivers only played for ONE season under Noel Mazzone, 2003. And, Mazzone was NOT the OC for at Oregon, he was Dennis Erickson's OC at Oregon State for one season and prior to that was the OC/QB coach at Auburn--so he could not have possibly coached either J.Harrington or A.Smith (http://gopack.collegesports.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/040903aac.html). Prior to that, Rivers was coached by OC Marty Galbraith who left in 2003 to join the Arizona Cardinals and QB coach Mike Canales, who also left at that time to join the NY Jets (http://gopack.collegesports.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/032603aaa.html).

So, if you are basing your negative evaluation of Rivers and ignoring his productivity in college on the fact that he played in the same system that produced J.Harrington and A.Smith, you are doing so based on wrong information. In point of fact, Rivers played for coaches who either used a pro- or Miami-style offense (Mazzone) or who would go on to coach in the NFL. And, Rivers was successful under all of them--from winning the ACC Rookie of the Year as a freshman to being First Team All-ACC and NCAA Div I-AA Passing Efficiency leader as a senior.

While you may fairly criticize Rivers and downgrade your projections of him based on his unusual release and the fact that he doesn't have quite the same arm strength as Manning, Roethlisberger and Losman, your criticisms of him as a "system" QB coming out of the same offense as J.Harrington and A.Smith simply have no basis in fact. And, as a result, his college and Senior Bowl productivity--over the course of 4 seasons, under different coaches--is hard to ignore if you are to evaluate his potential fairly in comparison to other QBs coming out of college.

jpdex12
03-30-2005, 08:52 AM
Ahh.. the old are you gay or something because I disagree with your point? Another intelligent response.

Umm I looked up anything on Jaworski and Kiper and the only thing that was said was that a Dolphin fan said that Kiper said that Leaf was better then Manning. I don't need proof for myself because I remember sitting there watching it and the crowd at the draft was booing Kiper for backing Leaf ahead of Manning.

Umm.. every analyst has a script. So what does that solve? You do realize that most analysts write there own notes? Come on man you can not be this ignorant. Also when he's analyzing game film I cannot see his eyes because the camera is on the actual game film. Thats usually how it works lol.

Why would I be an Eagle fan if I live in Jersey? If anything I would be a Giant or Jet fan because I live 10 minutes away from the stadium. Maybe you should get out more and drive around and find out where things are.

Yes I have a job. I work for Jersey City MUA (government job). If you actually had a government job you would know that you have alot of free time. Anybody that works for the government would know this. Sorry that you have to work for Burger King for a living.

But enough with the personal attacks. Just because you don't want to believe me doesn't mean you have to start with personal attacks.

Also you never responded to my post saying that Carson Palmer (among others) have asked Jaws to evaluate game film with him. I mean I'm pretty sure he didn't take his scouting group that you say he supposely has to come to talk with these guys. So please I'd really like to see your response to why these NFL players are coming to Jaws to evaluate game film if he is such a bad analyst.
What in the hell is Jersey City MUA?

jpdex12
03-30-2005, 09:17 AM
Ahh.. the old are you gay or something because I disagree with your point? Another intelligent response.

If Jaws is a good as you say that he is, he shouldn't need a script just to analize film. Maybe for the flow of the show when it is airing, but not to analize film. And how do you know that most analysts write their own script? How come you only mention that MOST and not ALL analysts write their own script? Is that because you are making that up also? When they show game film during a show, it is only about 10 seconds long, then they pan back to the analyst. That is when you can see his eyes reading. So if he is such a good analyst then why is it that he can handle talking about game film for only ten seconds and then he has to read script immediately after the film? Shouldn't he be able to carry through ten seconds of film and then opine on his analization of the film without a script. If he really knows what he is talking about then he shouldn't need the script. I'm not saying that Jaws is completely incapable as he was an NFL player, but don't act like he is the second coming of christ. And you are the one calling Rivers garbage with a resume like his college career is absurd! Jersey is close to Philly, you should know that. That's why I wondered if you were a closet Eagles fan by the way you talk about your boyfriend (Jaws).
I do not post 15 times a day because I do have a job that does not allow that. A real job, not some thumb up the ass waste of time. That is why I usually post more in the evenings if at all. So you empty garbage cans for government employees?
I am glad that our federal taxes help pay for slacker jobs like yours sounds. I had a friend that worked in the Navy and he spent more time on the internet than he did breathing in a day....sound familiar?
Well, if we keep this slamming up, we'll have to move to the smack board!
Someone else posted the reply about the scouting group, not me. I suppose Jaws thought that Palmer would be a first year star too.....
Funny that Jaworski wasn't a better QB if he is supposedly such a wizard of the game.
Which other players are requesting help from Jaws? Can you name a few? Maybe you will check with the same entity that you got your information from on Rivers. :bringit: :yap:

:jetsuck:

jpdex12
03-30-2005, 09:31 AM
Neat, I found out how to decrease my Rep!:cry:

Dicknoze69
03-30-2005, 09:37 AM
My favorite analyst also happens to be Jaws. He seems to be the most informative in breaking down film and realistic football situations. Merrill Hoge also works with him on NFL Matchup, but he seems to spout a lot of biased, uninformed opinions. Off the top of my head, I don't know of many other analysts who watch lots of film.

And...he's from Lackawanna !!!

jpdex12
03-30-2005, 10:01 AM
My favorite analyst also happens to be Jaws. He seems to be the most informative in breaking down film and realistic football situations. Merrill Hoge also works with him on NFL Matchup, but he seems to spout a lot of biased, uninformed opinions. Off the top of my head, I don't know of many other analysts who watch lots of film.

And...he's from Lackawanna !!!He is a Buffalo boy, I forgot about that. Too bad he played with the Eagles.

How on earth can someone think that River's stats are garbage though?

carybillsfan
03-30-2005, 12:15 PM
If Jaws is a good as you say that he is, he shouldn't need a script just to analize film. Maybe for the flow of the show when it is airing, but not to analize film. And how do you know that most analysts write their own script? How come you only mention that MOST and not ALL analysts write their own script? Is that because you are making that up also? When they show game film during a show, it is only about 10 seconds long, then they pan back to the analyst. That is when you can see his eyes reading. So if he is such a good analyst then why is it that he can handle talking about game film for only ten seconds and then he has to read script immediately after the film? Shouldn't he be able to carry through ten seconds of film and then opine on his analization of the film without a script. If he really knows what he is talking about then he shouldn't need the script. I'm not saying that Jaws is completely incapable as he was an NFL player, but don't act like he is the second coming of christ. And you are the one calling Rivers garbage with a resume like his college career is absurd! Jersey is close to Philly, you should know that. That's why I wondered if you were a closet Eagles fan by the way you talk about your boyfriend (Jaws).
I do not post 15 times a day because I do have a job that does not allow that. A real job, not some thumb up the ass waste of time. That is why I usually post more in the evenings if at all. So you empty garbage cans for government employees?
I am glad that our federal taxes help pay for slacker jobs like yours sounds. I had a friend that worked in the Navy and he spent more time on the internet than he did breathing in a day....sound familiar?
Someone else posted the reply about the scouting group, not me. I suppose Jaws thought that Palmer would be a first year star too.....
Funny that Jaworski wasn't a better QB if he is supposedly such a wizard of the game.
Which other players are requesting help from Jaws? Can you name a few? Maybe you will check with the same entity that you got your information from on Rivers. :bringit: :yap:

:clap: :clap:

Excellent my thoughts exactly.

Sportsuser101
03-30-2005, 12:59 PM
Since you are basing your evaluation on the offensive scheme, why are you choosing to ignore Rivers' performance in the Senior Bowl where he practiced and played brilliantly in a pro-style offense? And, moreover, you are quite simply wrong about the offensive system that he played in in college.

While you may have had Rivers rated as a 3rd round pick and Jaworski may have had him as a 2nd rounder, there were other professional NFL scouts and coaches--more than just one or two--who rated him much higher than that based on his performance in that game and the practices leading up to it as well as the individual and group workouts that he did for the various teams before the draft.

You say that you are not basing your evaluation on how he performed in college--which allows you to ignore his productivity--but, then, base your evaluation on his performance in the offensive scheme that he played in at NC State, without taking into account how he performed when he did have a chance to play in a purely pro-style offense. It seems to me that you are being pretty selective in the criteria that you are choosing to use in evaluating Rivers in order to support your preconceived opinion of him--especially since your information about the offensive system that Rivers played in at NC State is incorrect to begin with.

FYI: Rivers only played for ONE season under Noel Mazzone, 2003. And, Mazzone was NOT the OC for at Oregon, he was Dennis Erickson's OC at Oregon State for one season and prior to that was the OC/QB coach at Auburn--so he could not have possibly coached either J.Harrington or A.Smith (http://gopack.collegesports.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/040903aac.html). Prior to that, Rivers was coached by OC Marty Galbraith who left in 2003 to join the Arizona Cardinals and QB coach Mike Canales, who also left at that time to join the NY Jets (http://gopack.collegesports.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/032603aaa.html).

So, if you are basing your negative evaluation of Rivers and ignoring his productivity in college on the fact that he played in the same system that produced J.Harrington and A.Smith, you are doing so based on wrong information. In point of fact, Rivers played for coaches who either used a pro- or Miami-style offense (Mazzone) or who would go on to coach in the NFL. And, Rivers was successful under all of them--from winning the ACC Rookie of the Year as a freshman to being First Team All-ACC and NCAA Div I-AA Passing Efficiency leader as a senior.

While you may fairly criticize Rivers and downgrade your projections of him based on his unusual release and the fact that he doesn't have quite the same arm strength as Manning, Roethlisberger and Losman, your criticisms of him as a "system" QB coming out of the same offense as J.Harrington and A.Smith simply have no basis in fact. And, as a result, his college and Senior Bowl productivity--over the course of 4 seasons, under different coaches--is hard to ignore if you are to evaluate his potential fairly in comparison to other QBs coming out of college.
I'm not choosing to ignore it but its 1 game. The game is meaningless its the practices that are important which he did do well in. And how am I wrong about his offensive scheme? Its a wide open offense that Mazzone ran. Also Norm Chow coached him in his 1st year which is another wide open offense.

BTW thanks for pointing out the Oregon/Oregon State mixup I was going off the top of my head. For some reason I thought he was at Oregon.

I'm sure they did project him to be higher then what I projected him and frankly I don't care. My opinion does not change just based on what others think of a player.

I do not use college #s or awards to evaluate a player. I was using the offensive scheme to use yet another knock on the guy if you were to evaluate a player based on college production. Which for some reason some of you still choose to use to evaluate a player. I just don't use it under most circumstances.

He played 1 game in a pro style offense and did well. Personally I look at the workouts more then the game but thats not everyones way to look at a collegiate player.

http://www.sportznutz.com/nfl/draft/2004_players/rivers_philip.htm

If other websites weren't updated for 2005 they would have this same problem as well. If you don't want to believe me about the offense then you must believe scouting reports on the guy.

Yes I was wrong about Oregon but I am not wrong about his system. He also had Norm Chow as o coordinator as a freshman.

Sportsuser101
03-30-2005, 01:01 PM
What in the hell is Jersey City MUA?
Jersey City Municipal Utilities Authority

Sportsuser101
03-30-2005, 01:02 PM
He is a Buffalo boy, I forgot about that. Too bad he played with the Eagles.

How on earth can someone think that River's stats are garbage though?
I said garbage was the wrong word in my previous post. I said they're overrated. If stats and awards were so important why isn't Jason White a top 5 pick? Why wasn't Kliff Klingsbury the top pick in the draft? You still have failed to respond to this.

Sportsuser101
03-30-2005, 01:19 PM

You do realize every analyst on tv use scripts right?

Also when analyzing film, how do you know he is reading from a script? The camera is pointed at the game film. I'd like to know how you know he is reading from a script.

Really 10 seconds? Hmm.. you obviously haven't watched Jaws evaluate game film then. I'm not surpised based on your evaluations of Jaworski but it just reassured my original thought.

You my friend are way out of your league. You obviously are clueless when it comes to evaluating an analyst. I mean come on "I can see his eyes moving back and forth". That is too funny.

Who said Jaws is the 2nd coming of christ? I said he was 1 of if not the best analyst on tv.

South Jersey is close to Philly. Jersey City is 2 hours away from Philly. Its 10 minutes from Giants and Jets stadium (who are in New Jersey last time I checked).

See if you go to school and do well you will be able to grow up and have a good job where you are able to have most of the afternoon off. You are really ignorant if you don't know how a government job works.

And yes I do empty garbage cans. I found this computer in the dumbster 1 day and decided to put it right next to my mop. But boy I get paid like a director for being a janitor. Weird.

Aww.. now you're mad that I have a good job and you have to pay for my job? I worked my way up to get this job so I deserve whatever I get. Unlike you working at the Burger King drive thru.

Who cares about the Navy? They are nothing like my job. They do alot more gutsy things then I do and get paid less to do it.

Umm.. Palmer asked Jaws last year to help him. When he became starter. Still haven't answered my question. If Jaws is such a bad analyst why did Palmer, among others ask for Jaworski's help?

And what does the NFL career of a player have to do with the career of an analyst. You do realize they are totally different don't you?

Kyle Boller, Jesse Palmer, David Carr, Ben Roethlisberger and Tommy Maddox were the players that I know he evaluated game film with but I'm not sure about any others.

thebuffalobills4
03-30-2005, 08:23 PM
thats ******ed,think about it phillip rivers did not get anoff playing time last
yr and the 49ers want to get him but have to give up their first round pick
1# draft pick in the nfl draft.if i was a 49ers fan heres what i would say
''gush freakin idiots!!"
''our gm is a dumba$$"
if i was a chargers fan heres what i would say,
"yes.................."
"that 49er organaztion are complete dumba$$es,but hey,we got the number
1 draft pick ,so yessssssssssssssssss." :roflmao:

jpdex12
03-30-2005, 10:42 PM
You do realize every analyst on tv use scripts right?

Also when analyzing film, how do you know he is reading from a script? The camera is pointed at the game film. I'd like to know how you know he is reading from a script.

Really 10 seconds? Hmm.. you obviously haven't watched Jaws evaluate game film then. I'm not surpised based on your evaluations of Jaworski but it just reassured my original thought.

You my friend are way out of your league. You obviously are clueless when it comes to evaluating an analyst. I mean come on "I can see his eyes moving back and forth". That is too funny.

Who said Jaws is the 2nd coming of christ? I said he was 1 of if not the best analyst on tv.

South Jersey is close to Philly. Jersey City is 2 hours away from Philly. Its 10 minutes from Giants and Jets stadium (who are in New Jersey last time I checked).

See if you go to school and do well you will be able to grow up and have a good job where you are able to have most of the afternoon off. You are really ignorant if you don't know how a government job works.

And yes I do empty garbage cans. I found this computer in the dumbster 1 day and decided to put it right next to my mop. But boy I get paid like a director for being a janitor. Weird.

Aww.. now you're mad that I have a good job and you have to pay for my job? I worked my way up to get this job so I deserve whatever I get. Unlike you working at the Burger King drive thru.

Who cares about the Navy? They are nothing like my job. They do alot more gutsy things then I do and get paid less to do it.

Umm.. Palmer asked Jaws last year to help him. When he became starter. Still haven't answered my question. If Jaws is such a bad analyst why did Palmer, among others ask for Jaworski's help?

And what does the NFL career of a player have to do with the career of an analyst. You do realize they are totally different don't you?

Kyle Boller, Jesse Palmer, David Carr, Ben Roethlisberger and Tommy Maddox were the players that I know he evaluated game film with but I'm not sure about any others.
Bro, according to your profile, you're gonna be 22 on October 14th of this year. So how far could you have possibly worked your way up the ladder to get what you deserve if you have only been working for less than a year? That is if you graduated from highschool at 18 and then from college at age 21or 22. But let me guess...you really graduated from highschool when you were 12 and then from Harvard with a PHD in Biochemistry at age 16 and you have put in 5 long years to become "Chief of the Tribe" at MUA. :liar: :bs:
Now you cruise this website to see what the rest of us have to say in the less intelligent world of sports forums in between your government bathroom inspections to make sure that the TP rolls are full, right? :knock:
Go ahead, you can laugh I am.
BTW, you're the dumbhole that just told me who you work for so I can drop them an email regarding tax payers $$ going to waste by their gov't employee computer usage. I'm not that kind of jerk!
OK, let me take another guess...I will either fail with this mission because there are too many employees in your cubical filled office building to monitor or maybe you don't work in a government building at all. If I was to make a third guess, I would say that maybe you are Jaws himself!
Oh, if I worked 4 hours a week at BK, life would be grand. Then I could rush home and have time to enter 500 posts a day on the internet.
Tatonka and I have two things in common...we both love da Bills and we both work in the insurance industry.
You're gonna piss off quite a few forum friends (there are a few servicemen that post in this forum) dissing the armed forces the way you did. I have more admiration for those guys that fight our battles than any person in the world. I wonder how many fans think of those men while those c-130's buzz "The Ralph" before a game?:usa: :salute: :machgun:
My last comment before I end this battle of whits with an unarmed person is that I seriously doubt that any teams of the players that you mentioned above would willingly allow an outside source (Jaws) to change the thought process when analizing game film that those teams are paying coaches on their teams millions of dollars to do with the players already. Do you really think that Bill Cowher wants someone other than his own team coaches telling Big Ben what to do differently in game situations? Or how about the Ravens hiring Fassel for around a million just to work with Boller? Or Dom "Headstrong" Capers with Carr? Jesse "The Bachelor" Palmer sucks. I suppose Jaws reviewed some game film of him and gave him a few sugestions on how to suck face and grope boobies on those reality shows.:tasty:
Do you think that TD would rather have Jaws tutoring JP instead of Sam Wyche? I doubt it. Ding, ding, ding, ding...maybe this is a clue as to why he works with dime a dozen has beens on TV rather than coaching a team or working as a specialist "game review" coach.
Man, when I was 21, I was worried about where I was going to booze it and chase the girls that night :boozer: not spending time nerding it on the computer.:nerd2:
Thanks for listening and....I'll take my comment off the air! :squish:

Go ahead, slam me if you want. I'm done with this conversation.:deadhorse

jpdex12
03-30-2005, 10:46 PM
I said garbage was the wrong word in my previous post. I said they're overrated. If stats and awards were so important why isn't Jason White a top 5 pick? Why wasn't Kliff Klingsbury the top pick in the draft? You still have failed to respond to this.
NFL coaches have probably already heard Jaws' diagnosis of them! Or maybe they read a post of yours. Why don't you give us your breakdown of JP Losman tough guy? Or are you afraid that some one will hold it over your head when you're wrong?

jpdex12
03-30-2005, 10:53 PM
I'm riding the envelope. Borderline TOS rulebreaker...I must stop posting on this particular thread...reputation will drop....must leave now! May-day, may-day!

Sportsuser101
03-31-2005, 02:46 AM
Bro, according to your profile, you're gonna be 22 on October 14th of this year. So how far could you have possibly worked your way up the ladder to get what you deserve if you have only been working for less than a year? That is if you graduated from highschool at 18 and then from college at age 21or 22. But let me guess...you really graduated from highschool when you were 12 and then from Harvard with a PHD in Biochemistry at age 16 and you have put in 5 long years to become "Chief of the Tribe" at MUA. :liar: :bs:
Now you cruise this website to see what the rest of us have to say in the less intelligent world of sports forums in between your government bathroom inspections to make sure that the TP rolls are full, right? :knock:
Go ahead, you can laugh I am.
BTW, you're the dumbhole that just told me who you work for so I can drop them an email regarding tax payers $$ going to waste by their gov't employee computer usage. I'm not that kind of jerk!
OK, let me take another guess...I will either fail with this mission because there are too many employees in your cubical filled office building to monitor or maybe you don't work in a government building at all. If I was to make a third guess, I would say that maybe you are Jaws himself!
Oh, if I worked 4 hours a week at BK, life would be grand. Then I could rush home and have time to enter 500 posts a day on the internet.
Tatonka and I have two things in common...we both love da Bills and we both work in the insurance industry.
You're gonna piss off quite a few forum friends (there are a few servicemen that post in this forum) dissing the armed forces the way you did. I have more admiration for those guys that fight our battles than any person in the world. I wonder how many fans think of those men while those c-130's buzz "The Ralph" before a game?:usa: :salute: :machgun:
My last comment before I end this battle of whits with an unarmed person is that I seriously doubt that any teams of the players that you mentioned above would willingly allow an outside source (Jaws) to change the thought process when analizing game film that those teams are paying coaches on their teams millions of dollars to do with the players already. Do you really think that Bill Cowher wants someone other than his own team coaches telling Big Ben what to do differently in game situations? Or how about the Ravens hiring Fassel for around a million just to work with Boller? Or Dom "Headstrong" Capers with Carr? Jesse "The Bachelor" Palmer sucks. I suppose Jaws reviewed some game film of him and gave him a few sugestions on how to suck face and grope boobies on those reality shows.:tasty:
Do you think that TD would rather have Jaws tutoring JP instead of Sam Wyche? I doubt it. Ding, ding, ding, ding...maybe this is a clue as to why he works with dime a dozen has beens on TV rather than coaching a team or working as a specialist "game review" coach.
Man, when I was 21, I was worried about where I was going to booze it and chase the girls that night :boozer: not spending time nerding it on the computer.:nerd2:
Thanks for listening and....I'll take my comment off the air! :squish:

Go ahead, slam me if you want. I'm done with this conversation.:deadhorse
Umm.. I didn't go to college. And I started working there when I was 20. Anything else you would like answered? Heck you can come down here and I'll show you where I keep my mop.

If you know anything about government jobs, which from your posts you don't, you would know that governemnt officials know that don't do much after lunch. So I doubt you'd get anybody responding to you.

Wow you really talk too much about my job. I mean if you really need a job just fill out an application.

My condolences on not getting a higher paying less nonworkfilled day job. It truly is alot of responsibility but it is an easy job.

And I'm going to piss servicemen off why? Do you even know what you're talking about? I'm not sure you do. You just seem to be rambling on and on about nonsense.

Also you can believe all you want about Jaws not helping them because I don't really care. I'm just telling you what he did.

You really have an idiotic comment on everything. You have added nothing to this conversation but pure ignorance and have done nothing but try to talk smack about me like a 12 year old in the school playground. I have dealt with punks like you plenty of times and if you feel the need to talk smack at least back it up. There is no need for anybody on this message board to see all this. We should just talk about it in person and end.

I'd give you a breakdown of Losman but you would have already heard it before and said I made it up or said I took it from a website so whats the point? Like I said lets just end on the chatter on the computer and lets have our words in person do the talking.