X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • The Spaz
    • Mar 2003

Kelvin Garmon

Kelvin Garmon was released by the Cleveland Browns today. Should we be interested?

Kelvin Garmon

The official source for NFL news, video highlights, fantasy football, game-day coverage, schedules, stats, scores and more.

2004 Scouting Report - Football Scouts Inc.
    Name: Kelvin Garmon, 6' - 2" 350lbs
    Position: Offensive Guard
    Grade: 69 | Key
    Alert: None

Stats: Garmon

Comment:
    Garmon is a short, compact player with adequate athletic ability. Has above average strength at the point of attack and will win most one-on-one match-ups if he reaches his block. Has some mauling qualities and is able to use his size, strength and leverage to drive his blocks when he's in position. Does a decent job of pulling and will generally reach the second level. Has a wide frame and has the long arms to force defenders to take a wider angle to the quarterback. He has the change of direction skills to redirect and hit the moving target but he appears confused in space and he gets himself in a lot of trouble by making mental mistakes. Loses focus too often and will give up big plays or make critical errors because of a blown assignment or because he is too tentative. Overall, Garmon still has lapses in concentration, but has improved in this area as he has gained experience.
  • Rhettoric
    • Mar 2005

I would pass, Garmon is coming off a rebuilt knee... I think Gandy has more skill and potential.
    "Is his junk out?....Now it's a party."

Comment

• The Spaz
      • Mar 2003

Originally posted by Rhettoric
      I would pass, Garmon is coming off a rebuilt knee... I think Gandy has more skill and potential.
      Rebuilt, I tought he just strained his acl and mcl?

Comment

• Rhettoric
        • Mar 2005

Originally posted by The Spaz
        Rebuilt, I tought he just strained his acl and mcl?
        According to SI he tore his ACL in November

Comment

• Rhettoric
          • Mar 2005

It appears he didn't go under the knife though... my bad on the rebuilt comment.

Comment

• Sportsuser101
            • Feb 2005

I don't think he's any better then what we have right now to be honest.
            Dareus - 1st Round Pick

Comment

• jpdex12
              • Jan 2005

Let him collect unemplyment!
              Where else would you rather be than right here right now?

Comment

• BuffaloRanger
                WORK HARD. PLAY HARD. LIVE HARD.
                • Mar 2003

Read between the lines. This is a "velvet hammer".

Originally posted by The Spaz

Comment:
                Garmon is a short, compact player with adequate athletic ability.
                Translation: Not physically gifted.

Has above average strength at the point of attack and will win most one-on-one match-ups if he reaches his block.
                Translation: Is not strong enough, when he actually blocks the man he is assigned he will only get burned 40% of the time.

Has some mauling qualities and is able to use his size, strength and leverage to drive his blocks when he's in position. Translation: Not a good pass blocker, slightly better as a run blocker, does his job when/if he gets there.

Does a decent job of pulling and will generally reach the second level. Translation: Don't plan to pull this guy too much if you value your RB/QB, will probably block the LBs if he misses his assignment on DT

Has a wide frame and has the long arms to force defenders to take a wider angle to the quarterback. Translation: Defenders run around him like a pylon in practice.

He has the change of direction skills to redirect and hit the moving target but he appears confused in space and he gets himself in a lot of trouble by making mental mistakes. Loses focus too often and will give up big plays or make critical errors because of a blown assignment or because he is too tentative. Translation: None needed.

Overall, Garmon still has lapses in concentration, but has improved in this area as he has gained experience.Translation: Doesn't suck nearly as bad as he used to, but will be cut as soon as viable alternative is found.
                Buffalo Only and Always.

Comment

Working...
                X