X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Novacane
    • Jul 2002

If GW were fired.....................

Who should be HC here? There are not really very many hot canidates. I fear TD would promote KG.
  • JayWood
    The Professor
    • Jul 2002

Thats the real problem with getting rid of GW. It is very easy to say get rid of the guy, but we have to look at who is out there to bring in, and can we afford to bring another new philosophy into the organization, one that the players will have to get use to. But on the flip side if 2003 is our year, can we afford to have this coaching staff lead the way. In the NFL you only get short windows of opportunity and we cant blow it next year. Plus giving GW the benifit of the doubt he has not been given great players, he had the offense this year but no defense, should we keep him and get him the defense he needs in the offseason?
    I have always backed GW but i do think that he is not the right fit for this team. the team will get better, but will he get better with them, thats the question. I dont see any coached out there that catch my eye. we dont need a college coach!!! If there was one guy i would want it would be Parcells, but if he ever thought of coming back he would want full control, something that TD and TM are not going to give up, why should they, the two Toms have done a great job in the front office.
    When you are at the end of your rope, tie a knot and hold on tight!!!

Comment

• ArcticWildMan

Bring back Ted Cottrell as a head coach.

Comment

• JayWood
        The Professor
        • Jul 2002

I agree, I always liked Teddy, but do you think if he comes here, do you keep KG or bring in your own OC?
        When you are at the end of your rope, tie a knot and hold on tight!!!

Comment

• BledsoeTOreedfor6
          • Jul 2002

If we brought back TC I think he is the type of guy that would be happy to keep KG as his OC. He would be happy to just get his shot.

Comment

• ArcticWildMan

Keep KG. I really don't have anything against him. Give us a better defense that allows our offense more time on the field and we could be extremely high powered!!!!

Comment

• Judge
              • Aug 2002

Originally posted by ArcticWildMan
              Keep KG. I really don't have anything against him. Give us a better defense that allows our offense more time on the field and we could be extremely high powered!!!!
              Exactly. Well said.

Take notes, Wys- you may learn something.
              Argue like hell. Keep it clean. And when it's over, shake hands and root for our team!

Comment

• The_Philster
                • Jul 2002

Originally posted by ArcticWildMan
                Bring back Ted Cottrell as a head coach.

I have no problems with that. Maybe he could re-install a defense that actually stops someone. It wouldn't have to be a 3-4, but just something that actually fits the talent we have.
                The Buffalo Pro Cheer Blog...Positive coverage of Buffalo's Pro Cheerleaders since 2001!

Comment

• ublinkwescore
                  Sab and TD are insignificant
                  • Sep 2002

You know as well as I know that Ted Cottrell will re-install a 3-4.

That's something that I'm not against, some of our personell have experience in the 3-4 (Pat Williams, Antoine Winfield, Keith Newman, I'm sure there are others, I just can't think of any from our old regime right now).
                  www.gamersconspiracy.com - where gamers conspire

Comment

• ublinkwescore
                    Sab and TD are insignificant
                    • Sep 2002

And besides, we've already got the personell for it - 3-4 doesn't emphasize getting sacks - and guess what, our D line doesn't really get sacks, it emphasizes preventing first downs by making it hard to gain more then two yards everytime on the ground.
                    www.gamersconspiracy.com - where gamers conspire

Comment

• Phins054
                      Legitimate businessman..."waste" management
                      • Jul 2002

You could always trade picks and cash for someone like Gruden...

Holmgren should be available after this year and Mariucci always seems like he is leaving SF...It could be worse...you could have gotten Spurrier...
                      Can't get enough of that wonderful Duff...

Comment

• Dozerdog
                        In a jar, on a shelf, next to the unopened Miracle Whip.

Administrator Emeritus
                        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Phins054
                        You could always trade picks and cash for someone like Gruden...

Holmgren should be available after this year and Mariucci always seems like he is leaving SF...It could be worse...you could have gotten Spurrier...
                        My gut feeling is that those two are going to switch jobs next season

Comment

• Earthquake Enyart
                          Legendary Zoner
                          • Jul 2002

Holmgren and Marriuci wouldn't work because Drew isn't exactly a WCO QB.

Comment

• BillsFanStuckInWisc
                            Lecter's Little *****

• Sep 2002

and Holmgren will want the GM job as well. No way TD will give that up.

Comment

• ArcticWildMan

I bet Holmgren will NOT want to be a GM. He found out that he is a better coach than a GM and will most likely stay with coaching from now on.

Comment

Working...
                              X