• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mr. Cynical
    Maybe?
    • Oct 2003

Lawsuit alleges Harrison attacked minors

Just another day in the NFL.

HONOLULU (AP) - Marvin Harrison of the Indianapolis Colts and two other men are accused in a lawsuit of attacking three boys seeking the wide receiver's autograph a day before Pro Bowl.

The suit, made public Monday, seeks general, special and punitive damages to be determined at trial. It alleges Harrison "violently and physically attacked" the minors, including placing a "potentially deadly choke hold" on one of the boys.

Police interviewed Harrison while he was in Honolulu and forwarded their report to city prosecutors, who are considering whether to pursue charges. Harrison was not arrested and no one has been charged.

The boys have incurred medical expenses and severe emotional distress as a result of the assault, the suit said. Johnnie Reshard Jr., Ernest Simon Jr., Eric Gilbert Jr. , whose ages are not listed in the suit, and their parents were visiting from California to attend the Pro Bowl when the boys were assaulted at the Hilton Hawaiian Village by the All-Pro player and two unidentified men, the suit said.

Get NFL news, scores, stats, standings & more for your favorite teams and players -- plus watch highlights and live games! All on FoxSports.com.
  • Devin
    The Octagon
    • Apr 2003

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
    http://gridironjunkies.net/forums/index.php

Comment

• Tatonka
      • Jul 2002

what a pile of crap.
      "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• jamze132
        Don’t hate…
        • Jun 2003

Typical of celebrities. Always getting accused of something stupid so so some jerkoff can make a free dollar. I love the use of the highpower words too. And I seriously doubt that Marvin Harrison knows how to apply a "deadly choke hold"!

Comment

• BFBills
          "That will be Nate Clements third Pic of the day!"
          • Oct 2002

Harrison went to SU so he definatly didnt do it.

<--- didnt read article
          "BillsZone.com some of the most uhhhh....some of the smartest football talkers I've ever ever talked to"...Voltron...

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
          MIKE IS NICE!!!!!!!!!!!MIKE IS NICE!!!!!MIKE IS NICE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

• bills_fan_atic
            • May 2003

Totally seems out of character for Marvin Harrison to do something like this, doesn't it? On the other hand, nobody thought Kobe Bryant would ever get accused of rape so you never know. Anyway, even if he did put it on these "boys" they probably deserved it. Some fans can be real bastards. The emotional distress? Whatever... I had my as kicked quite a few times when I was a boy and I didn't suffer any emotional distress. They were pretty good ass beatings too. What a load of crap.

Comment

• Bill Brasky
              Drives an ice cream truck covered in human skulls
              • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Mr. Cynical
              The boys have incurred medical expenses and severe emotional distress
              Yeah right, pussies. I'm sure he just went nuts for no reason and really wanted to beat them up to prove something. I swear to god, in 5 years you will see people slapping lawsuits on toilet paper companies because the paper 'wasn't gentle enough'. What a ****ing joke.

Comment

• Jan Reimers
                Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
                • May 2003

Marvin Harrison has never been in any trouble that I know of, either at Syracuse or with the Colts. Someone should put a deadly choke hold on the ambulance chasing lawyer who is pursuing this thing.
                Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• Bill Brasky
                  • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Jan Reimers
                  Someone should put a deadly choke hold on the ambulance chasing lawyer who is pursuing this thing.
                  Or a friendly, repeated kicks to the ballsack. This lawsuit-happy culture we live in has got to stop.

Comment

• jamze132
                    Don’t hate…
                    • Jun 2003

Originally posted by bills_fan_atic
                    Totally seems out of character for Marvin Harrison to do something like this, doesn't it? On the other hand, nobody thought Kobe Bryant would ever get accused of rape so you never know. Anyway, even if he did put it on these "boys" they probably deserved it. Some fans can be real bastards. The emotional distress? Whatever... I had my as kicked quite a few times when I was a boy and I didn't suffer any emotional distress. They were pretty good ass beatings too. What a load of crap.
                    Yeah but if a celebrity did it, you would have emotional distress and a chiropractor.

Comment

• jamze132
                      Don’t hate…
                      • Jun 2003

Originally posted by jfreeman
                      Or a friendly, repeated kicks to the ballsack. This lawsuit-happy culture we live in has got to stop.
                      WORD!

Comment

• Carlton Bailey

This is a total moneymaking scam. Marvin would never do anything to anyone. He's probably the classiest player in the NFL. If these idiots accused someone like Ray Lewis, then they might get some money. Accusing the nicest guy in the world of attacking you is pretty stupid.

Comment

• Bill Brasky
                          • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Carlton Bailey
                          This is a total moneymaking scam. Marvin would never do anything to anyone. He's probably the classiest player in the NFL. If these idiots accused someone like Ray Lewis, then they might get some money. Accusing the nicest guy in the world of attacking you is pretty stupid.
                          Unless, of course, you follow the boards... then the "classiest player" would be whoever retires on a weekly basis.

Comment

• Voltron
                            • Jul 2002

Maybe it was "Bizzaro Marvin Harrison" !!!

Marvin Harrison is one of the most low key NFL players out there. This is all a ploy to make money like everyone else said! These kids deserver to get a good ass woopin!
                            Get all the fools on your side and you can be elected to anything.
                            - Frank Dane

"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who are not."
                            -Thomas Jefferson

The rule is perfect: in all matters of opinion our adversaries are insane.
                            - Mark Twain

Comment

• R. Rich
                              • Apr 2003

Yeah, he did it. I saw everything. Man, that chokehold he used.......I would've thought he was Ted DiBiase if I didn't know any better.

Man, I can't wait to be a witness in this law$uit!

Comment

Working...
                              X