PDA

View Full Version : TD to be on Sirius NFL Radio

Romes
03-30-2005, 11:31 AM
I just got this message from Bills direct. If anyone has it they might want to listen.

Michael82
03-30-2005, 11:37 AM
:sigh:

I got upset when they sent me that Text message. I wish I had Sirius. :sadwalk:

Kerr
03-30-2005, 11:37 AM
Yes, someone? What a dead offseason.

superbills
03-30-2005, 11:56 AM
You can sign up for a free three-day pass on Sirus.com! We should all be able to listen. No credit card required, all they ask for is an email address. I'll be tuning in! :dance:

superbills
03-30-2005, 12:05 PM
Sorry folks. Never mind. With the free trial all you get is some stupid advertisement that keeps running over and over. No real content on the sports channels. Bummer. Sorry :cry:

ryjam282
03-30-2005, 12:06 PM
Someone better keep us posted.

Tatonka
03-30-2005, 12:07 PM
someone has sirus.. so either record it or post a summary.

Iehoshua
03-30-2005, 12:13 PM
I will see into the future and predict what he will say, summed up:

"We're excited about the team. We're excited to see what Losman can do. We will see what happens with Travis. We're looking forward to the draft, we have our eyes on lots of guys."

Anyone else have any bold predictions? :D

Michael82
03-30-2005, 01:09 PM

"We're excited about the team. We're excited to see what Losman can do. We will see what happens with Travis. We're looking forward to the draft, we have our eyes on lots of guys."

That about sums it up. :funny:

jamze132
03-30-2005, 01:11 PM

Yeah... you forgot to mention that "we think our organization is headed in the right direction".

Mr. Miyagi
03-30-2005, 01:17 PM
And that Coach Mularkey and his staff have a lot of plans for this team.

Mr. Miyagi
03-30-2005, 01:17 PM
And don't forget about the we're not going to give Travis away speech.

Italian Stallion
03-30-2005, 01:52 PM
I have Sirius...so ill keep you guys posted on the basics of what he says....

justasportsfan
03-30-2005, 03:35 PM
well?

Italian Stallion
03-30-2005, 04:00 PM
ok.....heres the jist of it

Fist he said the same things that he has always said about Travis and how they will only trade him if the deal is right....also went on to say that the only offer the team recieved was the straight swap with AZ, which he things is way off base....he believes that LJ and second round would be fair (nothing new)

TD kept praising Matt Jones the WR/TE...said that the Bills and the scouts really like him alot, he thinks that he will be gone by the end of round 2

He talked about Kelly Holcomb and said that he was the guy they wanted all along, and are very pleased they have him

Also said that if the right deal comes along for any other free agents before the draft that they would do the deal....They like Bennie Anderson alot but overall didn't like the depth in Free Agency this year at o line and wern't gonna overpay for anyone just because of need

Last thing he said that was noteworthy was this: the interviewer asked "gun to your head, is travis henry a bill in 2005?"

TD said that he thinks that as the draft draws closer, the deal will get done, and the Bills demands will be met.....and that if henry does leave they will try to accuire a veteran and possibly a draft pick as Willis back up

Italian Stallion
03-30-2005, 04:03 PM
he also said that the Bills scouts will all return next week and they will review any restricted free agents they want to pursue....

Pat Kirwan of NFL.COM was interviewing him and mentioned that Randy Hymes WR from the Ravens and TE/OT Kevin Barry form the Pack would be good values for 7th round compensation

and for what its worth, after the interview was over, the two guys that talked to him said he's the most straight forward, honest front office guy in the NFL....they said some very nice things about Losman and kept saying that the Buffalo Bills ARE a playoff team in 2005

Dicknoze69
03-30-2005, 04:03 PM
Interesting about Jones...I still think he'll be gone by the time we pick

Sportsuser101
03-30-2005, 04:13 PM
Interesting about Jones...I still think he'll be gone by the time we pick
By the time we pick in the 2nd round or 3rd round? I believe he'll defintely be there with our 2nd and should be there in the 3rd.

justasportsfan
03-30-2005, 04:27 PM
thanks for sharing IS.
Negged.

Bill Brasky
03-30-2005, 04:30 PM
the two guys that talked to him said he's the most straight forward, honest front office guy in the NFL....they said some very nice things about Losman and kept saying that the Buffalo Bills ARE a playoff team in 2005

At least they know how to kiss ass and not look at the facts.

justasportsfan
03-30-2005, 04:37 PM
TD kept praising Matt Jones the WR/TE...said that the Bills and the scouts really like him alot, he thinks that he will be gone by the end of round 2

this guy could be the next Gonzo.

Italian Stallion
03-30-2005, 04:40 PM
thanks for sharing IS.
Negged.

hahaha...thanks alot man :scared:

Tatonka
03-30-2005, 05:17 PM
By the time we pick in the 2nd round or 3rd round? I believe he'll defintely be there with our 2nd and should be there in the 3rd.

i have seen talk of Pitt and NE taking a guy like him.. which doesnt sound real crazy.. i mean think about it.. they both need to replace a WR.. and they both use gadget plays that could easily include him...

i think he is a great fit for either team.. i also think he would be a great fit for the bills and the more i think about it.. the more he seems like a TD pick and a Mularky pick.. i mean.. TD always seems to make the picks early that make you stare at the screen for a minute and go.. ummmmm..

seriously.. think about it..

first year.. we are all geeked about the pick and everyone is sure it is kenyetta walker.. then.. trade down and picks clements.. i think everyone can say they were surprised..

second year.. mike williams.. then trade for drew too.. not necessarily crazy, but caused lots of talk..

third year.. willis.. enough said..

last year.. evans.. which i think was obviously a good pick.. but it was early and you cant not tell me that when they said "THE BUFFALO BILLS SELECT WR LEE EVANS" that you didnt think "oh jesus" for half a second.. and then we ALL were shocked while half paying attention to the screen and hearing about the trade and JP Losman..

and jones just feels like a mularkey pick.. a good fit for the offense..the type of hard nosed guy he likes.

i wont be surprised at all.. after TD mentioned him, to see that be our second round pick.

Tatonka
03-30-2005, 05:22 PM
audio is up on bb.com

Rhettoric
03-30-2005, 05:23 PM
i wont be surprised at all.. after TD mentioned him, to see that be our second round pick.
Its a smoke screen! TD would not put his true intentions out on the table like that. He is probably trying to get another team to pick him up earlier so somebody of higer value might drop to us.

Sportsuser101
03-30-2005, 05:44 PM
i have seen talk of Pitt and NE taking a guy like him.. which doesnt sound real crazy.. i mean think about it.. they both need to replace a WR.. and they both use gadget plays that could easily include him...

i think he is a great fit for either team.. i also think he would be a great fit for the bills and the more i think about it.. the more he seems like a TD pick and a Mularky pick.. i mean.. TD always seems to make the picks early that make you stare at the screen for a minute and go.. ummmmm..

seriously.. think about it..

first year.. we are all geeked about the pick and everyone is sure it is kenyetta walker.. then.. trade down and picks clements.. i think everyone can say they were surprised..

second year.. mike williams.. then trade for drew too.. not necessarily crazy, but caused lots of talk..

third year.. willis.. enough said..

last year.. evans.. which i think was obviously a good pick.. but it was early and you cant not tell me that when they said "THE BUFFALO BILLS SELECT WR LEE EVANS" that you didnt think "oh jesus" for half a second.. and then we ALL were shocked while half paying attention to the screen and hearing about the trade and JP Losman..

and jones just feels like a mularkey pick.. a good fit for the offense..the type of hard nosed guy he likes.

Good post. :clap:

Besides the McGahee pick I couldn't have been happier to see we have a trade. The Dallas Cowboys have traded there 1st round pick to the Buffalo Bills. Not sure about you guys but I screamed Losman as soon as we made the trade.

Sportsuser101
03-30-2005, 05:45 PM
Its a smoke screen! TD would not put his true intentions out on the table like that. He is probably trying to get another team to pick him up earlier so somebody of higer value might drop to us.
Yeah I don't remember Willis McGahee and the Buffalo Bills coming up together too often in 03 predraft.

jamze132
03-30-2005, 05:49 PM
I doubt that Matt Jones will be there when we pick in the 2nd. But if he is, I think that Donahoe would jump on him in an instant.

And after thinking a little more, I really think that the Bills will do something to get in late first round or early second.

Yasgur's Farm
03-30-2005, 07:22 PM
:posrep:
Its a smoke screen! TD would not put his true intentions out on the table like that. He is probably trying to get another team to pick him up earlier so somebody of higer value might drop to us.Right on... as much as I want Jones, I was disheartened to hear that TD mentioned him because he always holds his cards close to his vest.

justasportsfan
03-30-2005, 07:51 PM
:posrep:Right on... as much as I want Jones, I was disheartened to hear that TD mentioned him because he always holds his cards close to his vest. maybe he wants Baas. Who knows w/ TD anymore? He's bound to try and surprise the NFL one way or another. He wants to be in the limelight. He has an image to protect. Whatever it is. Plus the draft is his chance to get make t.v. appearances while Leslie Nielsen (sp) get's to be on tv whenever he wants to.

Tatonka
03-30-2005, 08:06 PM
Guys.. it was not like TD offered that info.. the guy specifically asked about him.. he said the station gets more questions about him than any other draftee..

td said that he was a first round talent but that you have to have a plan for him.. he said he thinks he will go mid 2nd round..

listen to the interview.. i dont think td was doing anything other than giving a straight answer to a direct question.

Dicknoze69
03-30-2005, 08:07 PM

Yeah, I really do believe that he'll be gone. I think a team will get nervous that he won't be there a round later for their pick, and will reach for this guy. I don't think he's worth it there, but funny things happen in the draft.

Carlton Bailey
03-30-2005, 08:43 PM
Wait, TD likes Bennie Anderson? Is he still available? He's really a solid lineman.

Mahdi
03-30-2005, 08:52 PM
In the interview TD said that Arizona is asking for a pick along with Henry for Shelton. No wonder the deal isnt getting done.

Mahdi
03-30-2005, 09:01 PM
If the Bills can get Bennie Anderson signed then this is how I see the draft going;

By the time Rd 1 is over AZ will have either traded for Henry or would have drafted one of the top 3 backs. If they trade for Henry then our line would be set, and we could grab Matt Jones in the 2nd and a C in the 3rd. If Henry is not traded then we have to take the best tackle/guard/C available in the 2nd, and grab a CB or the best O-lineman available in the 3rd. The former being the best option of course.

ryjam282
03-31-2005, 07:12 AM
Thanks for the update of the interview :up: