PDA

View Full Version : Do the Bills have a deal for William Green?

Sportsuser101
03-30-2005, 01:51 PM
It seems the Browns were very anxious to get RBs this offseason. They have Suggs and Green who are pretty good and now they got Droughns to compete with Suggs. Could it be that the Browns and Bills have a deal pending the trade of Travis Henry that Green would come to Buffalo? I don't think Green is a TD type guy but I just found it odd.

Devin
03-30-2005, 02:07 PM
rather have a LT.

Dicknoze69
03-30-2005, 02:09 PM
I'm not a fan of William Green...but as always, if he comes cheap, I'd take him

Sportsuser101
03-30-2005, 02:10 PM
rather have a LT.
No I'm talking about a pending deal if the Shelton/Henry deal goes through.

Tatonka
03-30-2005, 02:34 PM
i guess that could be the case, along with about 5 other teams in the nfl.. or green could just be cut.. i dont think we would want to pay his 1st round pick salary.

OpIv37
03-30-2005, 02:39 PM
I wouldn't mind- but I think we should try to get someone in here anyway in case Travis holds out.

Sportsuser101
03-30-2005, 02:46 PM
i guess that could be the case, along with about 5 other teams in the nfl.. or green could just be cut.. i dont think we would want to pay his 1st round pick salary.
Then why haven't the Browns done anything yet if they do have a deal in place with 5 other teams?

THATHURMANATOR
03-30-2005, 03:00 PM
It seems the Browns were very anxious to get RBs this offseason. They have Suggs and Green who are pretty good and now they got Droughns to compete with Suggs. Could it be that the Browns and Bills have a deal pending the trade of Travis Henry that Green would come to Buffalo? I don't think Green is a TD type guy but I just found it odd.
Yes we do

Carlton Bailey
03-30-2005, 08:51 PM
I'd rather have Antowain Smith or Eddie George than William Green at this point.

Mahdi
03-30-2005, 09:05 PM
Eddie George was one of my favourite RBs to watch when he was in his prime. If he could play anything close to that for us while spelling for Willis that would be an awesome running game. O-line pending of course.

LifetimeBillsFan
03-31-2005, 12:16 AM
Why trade for Green when it wouldn't cost a draft pick to get A.Thomas who has been a more productive runner?

The problem with getting a W.Green or an A.Thomas is that these are guys, like T.Henry, who believe that they are or should be the starting RB wherever they may end up playing. All three of them could end up being a problem for their team in that regard if they are not starting and who needs that? Besides which, of the three of them, T.Henry has been the most productive.

As for Eddie George, I think last season proved that he is pretty much shot. A.Smith played pretty well in a back-up role for Tennessee last season. And, I would take T.Wheatley--who I don't think that much of--over George based on what I was able to see of the two of them last season.

This is a pretty deep draft for RBs and the Bills are not looking for someone to come in and start immediately, so I would rather see them take one of the bigger RBs projected to be available in the 3rd or 4th round--who would come cheap--than spend the money and draft pick that it would take to bring in a W.Green or sign a FA RB who would not be happy playing as a back-up. But, that's just my opinion.

mysticsoto
03-31-2005, 08:55 AM
Why trade for Green when it wouldn't cost a draft pick to get A.Thomas who has been a more productive runner?

The problem with getting a W.Green or an A.Thomas is that these are guys, like T.Henry, who believe that they are or should be the starting RB wherever they may end up playing. All three of them could end up being a problem for their team in that regard if they are not starting and who needs that? Besides which, of the three of them, T.Henry has been the most productive.

As for Eddie George, I think last season proved that he is pretty much shot. A.Smith played pretty well in a back-up role for Tennessee last season. And, I would take T.Wheatley--who I don't think that much of--over George based on what I was able to see of the two of them last season.

This is a pretty deep draft for RBs and the Bills are not looking for someone to come in and start immediately, so I would rather see them take one of the bigger RBs projected to be available in the 3rd or 4th round--who would come cheap--than spend the money and draft pick that it would take to bring in a W.Green or sign a FA RB who would not be happy playing as a back-up. But, that's just my opinion.
Personally, I don't think we should draft a RB at all - even if we lose TH. I guess I think higher of Shaud Williams than most people do, but he impressed me last season and impressed alot of other people including Bills' staff. On top of this, we still have Joe Burns who has been a decent backup for a long time (even if he is now considered Fullback) and then TD even signed Dante Brown from the PS. I don't know much about him except that he is 6'1" and 215 lbs. That seems pretty big and they must like him if they decided to sign him quickly and not lose him. I think we have alot of positions to try and draft for including depth at Safety and LB positions. If McFarland doesn't look good, I could see us releasing him and maybe drafting a better prospect OG/OT for the PS that may develop in the future...

We have to draft best available and look for sleepers in the later rounds. Hopefully we'll hit on a gem or two like last year where we got Greer, Baker and Peters (as undrafted).