X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Yasgur's Farm
    • Feb 2005

My Memory's Bad...

With Bannan's apparent move to guard, I was taking another look at our DT situation. We had Adams, Williams, Edwards, Bannan and Anderson listed on the depth chart for 2004.

So now I'm thinking we only have Adams, Edwards and Anderson. But when I looked at the roster I see Sape (I forgot about him). Does anybody remember what happened to him last year? Was he hurt and placed on IR? Was he cut and picked up for the PS? What?

Anyway, with Bannan's move and Adams age, I now believe TD must put a priority on DT as we enter the draft. I hate to say it but there goes my slim hope for Nugent...

...Unless of course TD trades Henry, Clements and our #2 to AZ for Shelton and their #1, 2 & 4. Ahhh well, I can only dream.
  • Dr. Lecter
    Zero for Zero!
    • Mar 2003

Sape was on the Practice Squad last year. I think they have already signed him for this season.
    Originally posted by mysticsoto
    Lecter is right in everything he said.

Comment

• The Spaz
      • Mar 2003

Sape=Garbage.

Comment

• TedMock
        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by The Spaz
        Sape=Garbage.
        Is he? I'm not being smart, I'm seriously asking. I have no idea what to think of this kid. I'm a huge college football fan, but I live in the mid-atlantic region, so most of the games I watch are ACC and SEC. I think Sape went to Utah? Anyway, having never really watched him, I have no read on this kid at all. What's the deal?

Comment

• DaBillzAhDaShiznit
          • May 2004

I have heard, although I have no proof or link, that some people were really high on him in preseason last year...and that he was one reason Oliver Gibson was cut....I wish I had a link, but I don't think we will know what he is until training camp this year.
          "Show me a good loser and I will show you an idiot"
          --Leo Durocher

Comment

• Dicknoze69
            Just because my name is dicknoze,it doesn't mean I have balls in my mouth
            • Jul 2002

I think we draft a DT sometime during the draft, probably fairly early, to compete with Anderson, Edwards, and Sape

God give me style and give me grace
            God put a smile upon my face

Comment

• mysticsoto
              Too sober for this...
              • Apr 2004

Originally posted by Dicknoze69
              I think we draft a DT sometime during the draft, probably fairly early, to compete with Anderson, Edwards, and Sape
              I think that if they don't go for Anttaj Hawthorne early, or he is taken already by their 2nd round...they'll probably try to grab a sleeper in the later rounds.

Comment

• gr8slayer
                • Feb 2005

Originally posted by Dicknoze69
                It would be a complete waste to draft a DT. We have to get some OL in this place or JP is going to meet the floor on every play. Our Defense has been top five the past three years and will be again this year.

If it were up to me we would draft nothing but OL and maybe Matt Jones (who by the way will be a first round pick)

Comment

• Dicknoze69
                  Just because my name is dicknoze,it doesn't mean I have balls in my mouth
                  • Jul 2002

Originally posted by gr8slayer
                  It would be a complete waste to draft a DT. We have to get some OL in this place or JP is going to meet the floor on every play. Our Defense has been top five the past three years and will be again this year.

If it were up to me we would draft nothing but OL and maybe Matt Jones (who by the way will be a first round pick)
                  What if all the good OL is gone by the time we pick? Should we reach and grab a guy who we have rated as a 4th rounder in the 2nd round?

It makes more sense to take the best player available, with a focus on our need areas: OL, DT, CB

God give me style and give me grace
                  God put a smile upon my face

Comment

Working...
                  X