• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • X-Era
    What this generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace
    • Feb 2005

Bills are gonna grab Ty Law, mark my words

Ty is said to be rehabing and ahs yet to sign a contract even though many feel he was the best CB out there this year in FA. They have let player after player, at need positions walk out without a contract. My guess is that the Bills are holding out for someone.

Ty supposedly talked with Milloy a few years back (after Milloy joined our squad) and claimed that if the Pats didnt pay him, he would be a BIll the next year. It didnt happen. Recently, he was rumored to have visited Buffalo. Milloy is rumored to have been harrassing Ty to join us with an obvious paycut.

Now, TD knows Clements is in a contract year. We can simply tag Clements but we still are tying up alot of dough. McGee is coming up to speed and I honestly believe that by year end of 2005, he will be a very solid starter (if he starts all the games).

With TY not getting big money yet,
    Having an interest in joining the Bills,
    Teams spending most of there cap cash elsewhere which would deplete their ability to sign him when healthy,
    The Bills not spending much cash at all yet,
    The Bills able to free up more cash with a MW restructure,

Add all that together and you have a possible signing by us of TY Law. I could see this happening and Ty getting a Milloy type contract with league minimums in the first few years, a decent signing bonus. I think TY would take less money to play here vs. KC because of Milloy.

I still cant believe we arent being more active, and I wont believe that we wont grab one or two players (besides the draft) before training camp.

• ryjam282
    Offical Billszone Starting QB
    • Mar 2003

Could be, I wouldn't be totally against it. But, with Clements as the #1, Law as the #2, and McGee as the #3. Would it even be fair? I don't think so......We are talking possible Ravens type D here if one of the DT's can step up and fill the gap left by Big Pat.

Ryan Withey
    Owner/President/GM/Director of Player Personnel

Kansas City Super Deuces

Comment

• The King
      Without me it's just Awe so
      • Jun 2004

It comes down to two factors. Money and Pride. Law will look for a paycheck with one exception. If his depature from the Pats was dirty then he may want to screw them and play for a division rival for less cash. Thats the only way he end up in Buffalo.
      I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
      "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
      You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
      It was all
      true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.
      He sees something in me, some kind of raw talent that he can
      mold. But that's when I felt the handcuffs go on.

Comment

• BAM
        • Sep 2003

Cool.

Comment

• regor
          • Jul 2002

Ty Law won't be a Bill

Comment

• Tatonka
            • Jul 2002

his departure from the pats was not dirty.. ask NE39.. it was a business move that they knew was coming on both sides all along.
            "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• chubluv
              BillsZone bowling team MVP
              • Jan 2003

I'll take him on the Bills if the price was right. If we tag Nate next year thats alot of cash especially if its anywhere near the 10.5 mil Woodsen is getting in Oakland. What if we do sign him does that mean TD would entertain trade offers on Nate?

We are in 5th place
              Clump is on the IR
              Chubluv average is 167
              Yaz average is 179[/B]

BDZ
              Become a member of BDZ !!!!

Comment

• Mr. Miyagi
                Lecter's Little Bitch

• Sep 2002

No thanks on Ty Law. We don't need another New England castoff who's past his prime and nothing but a big name.

Comment

• Jan Reimers
                  Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
                  • May 2003

While I like Law, we have far more critical needs on which to spend our limited cap money.
                  Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• clumping platelets

I doubt that he will sign with the Bills

Comment

• Samphin1
                      • Mar 2004

My guess is he will end up with the Chiefs. They are lowballing Miami for Surtain and Saban isn't going to bite, I don't think. So, their only other true viable option is to sign an injured, overpayed and overrated CB. Personally, I don't think Buffalo would even want Ty Law. He is a product of a system and will be exposed once he is out of that system.

Comment

• DanS
                        • Feb 2005

good call on the chiefs. they need defense like mad

Comment

• OpIv37
                          Acid Douching Asswipe
                          • Sep 2002

Originally posted by Mr. Miyagi
                          No thanks on Ty Law. We don't need another New England castoff who's past his prime and nothing but a big name.
                          I think you're selling Milloy a bit short. Our D improved tremendously when he returned from injury.
                          MiKiDo Facebook
                          MiKiDo Website

Comment

• thebuffalobills4
                            • Aug 2004

ah this topic again?
                            :oldskool:
                            micheal phelps is a beast

Comment

• feelthepain
                              All-Pro Zoner
                              • Mar 2005

Anythings possible, but if TD isn't willing to spend big money on your O-line then why would he spend big money on an aging corner? Law thinks he's worth more then he's really worth, I don't see him droping his asking price.

Comment

Working...
                              X