PDA

View Full Version : Who will we root for?

fabolouspaul
12-09-2002, 11:47 AM
Since we're basically eliminated from the playoffs, who would you like to see win the Superbowl this year?

Phins054
12-09-2002, 11:59 AM
Miami and Tampa...Although N.O. and Miami would be pretty damn interesting too...

Honestly though I think Oakland is playing the overall best ball in the AFC along with the Jets.

Philly needs McNabb to go deep in the playoffs and GB looks very solid with TB rounding out the best of the NFC. Atlanta in about 2 years will be unstoppable if their D gets just a smidge better or at least maintains where they are at.

Akhippo
Anybody from the NFC, I dont subscribe to the notion of AFC pride, or as one poster said AFCE pride. If the Bills dont make it, it would be really hard to root for the Pats or Jets or Raiders. Bills or nothing. Go Packers or Bucs. If I have to listen to how good Gannon is or Brady or R Williams Id get sick.

Mr. Miyagi
I would really like to see Gruden and his new team playing against his old team Oakland.

On the AFCE side, the Jets are my least hated team so I would like to see them win the division.

WG
12-09-2002, 12:04 PM
Me thinks it will come down to Oakland in the AFC by default at this point. The only team able to beat them is Miami generally speaking. I also wouldn't mind seeing Brown and Gannon get rings.

In the NFC, T.B. under Gruden now or Philly are the favs IMO. Best offense/defense point differentials and best Ds in the league from a scoring perspective. Philly's humin' along just fine w/o McNabb. When he gets back, they'll be primed. Depends upon where a TB/Philly game would be.

Philly v. Oakland again.

German
12-09-2002, 12:11 PM
I too think Oakland will represent the AFC this year but I think they'll be playing the Packers.
I can't really give you a reason for that, I just think that this year Favre is playing with a chip on his shoulder (for whatever reason).

fabolouspaul
12-09-2002, 12:45 PM
I think the Bucs will win it all. Can u believe how good there D is! I want a team who has a great D to win the Superbowl (Bucs) this year so Donahoe would see the formula of how to win a Superbowl (or any important games). Damn does anyone know when Sapp's contract ends? j/k

fabolouspaul
12-09-2002, 12:49 PM
By the way, our Defense was sooo good just 2 years ago (our last season with B. Smith) No wonder why we had an 11-5 record!

WCoastFin
12-09-2002, 12:57 PM
fabolouspaul, you know youre rooting for Miami...;)

fabolouspaul
12-09-2002, 01:06 PM
Originally posted by WCoastFin
fabolouspaul, you know youre rooting for Miami...;)

The chance of me rooting for Miami is as slim as you going to Ralph Wilson Stadium in December singing the shout song.

Tatonka
12-09-2002, 01:07 PM
go atlanta!

WCoastFin
12-09-2002, 01:23 PM
Originally posted by fabolouspaul

The chance of me rooting for Miami is as slim as you going to Ralph Wilson Stadium in December singing the shout song.

LMAO @ FabPaul....

.000000000000000000000000001 % chance.

Bert102176
12-09-2002, 01:41 PM
I'm going for Tampa and Oakland

lunatic_bills_fan
12-09-2002, 02:05 PM
I wanna see Oakland go from the AFC. I dont think anybody can deal with the Bucs in the NFC with the exception of the 49'ers. When Garcia playes well, that team is tough to beat.

lunatic_bills_fan
12-09-2002, 02:07 PM
Oh and WCF, I dont think you can root for a team to go to the superbowl if they are not in the playoffs (ie. Miami)

fabolouspaul
12-09-2002, 02:39 PM
I also hope the Chargers make it to the Superbowl with Doug as the QB. He deserves the chance after being benched againt the Titans after he played the whole season as a Bill. By the way, the AFC West has been struggling. If we beat the Chargers, it would be hard for them to make it to the playoffs. What if Oakland ends up being the only team to make it to the playoffs in the west? That leaves the 2 wildcard spots to Miami/NE, and Indy/Tenn.

Cntrygal
12-09-2002, 03:24 PM
I will root for anybody other than the patsies and fishies.

DougFlutie7
12-09-2002, 03:49 PM
No Doubt, SD

Cntrygal
12-09-2002, 03:53 PM
Originally posted by DougFlutie7
No Doubt, SD
:scratch:
Is SD me?

DougFlutie7
12-09-2002, 03:54 PM
I also hope the Chargers make it to the Superbowl with Doug as the QB. He deserves the chance after being benched againt the Titans after he played the whole season as a Bill. By the way, the AFC West has been struggling. If we beat the Chargers, it would be hard for them to make it to the playoffs. What if Oakland ends up being the only team to make it to the playoffs in the west? That leaves the 2 wildcard spots to Miami/NE, and Indy/Tenn.

This man is brilliant!

Valerie
12-09-2002, 03:59 PM
I'd like to see the Saints go to the Super Bowl. :) I like them and I think they deserve it!

The_Philster
12-09-2002, 04:08 PM
Originally posted by Jaded 7
I'd like to see the Saints go to the Super Bowl. :) I like them and I think they deserve it!

That would get a Super Bowl ring for another great ex-Bill.....Jim Haslett.

Ð
12-09-2002, 04:53 PM
Tampa will win the superbowl 2-0 on a safety when Sapp causes Gannon to fumble in the end zone ;)

BFBills
12-09-2002, 06:00 PM
Originally posted by Cntrygal

:scratch:
Is SD me?
owwww so that is where the chargers went...south dakota.

(i thought that they were going to LA)

:offtopic:

shelby
12-09-2002, 06:11 PM
i am rooting for Gruden, big shock there;)
The Bucs actually had an offense this weekend...i am rooting for them to go all the way. Chuckie would look fine sporting a SB ring.

i think the Raiders will take the AFC, but i don't like them because my ex is a Raiders fan:tongue:
i see the NFC coming down to Tampa and Green Bay.

TacklingDummy
12-09-2002, 06:52 PM
Im rooting for Drew Brees to get hurt and for Brad Johnson, Shaun King to get hurt.

Setting up the Super Bowl we would all like to see, The San Diego Chargers lead by Doug Flutie vs. the Tampa Bay Bucs. lead by Rob Johnson.

The_Philster
12-09-2002, 07:00 PM
:rofl: TD

shelby
12-09-2002, 07:30 PM
:eek: scary thought!!!!

PA Season Ticket Holder
12-09-2002, 09:48 PM
Originally posted by TacklingDummy
Im rooting for Drew Brees to get hurt and for Brad Johnson, Shaun King to get hurt.

Setting up the Super Bowl we would all like to see, The San Diego Chargers lead by Doug Flutie vs. the Tampa Bay Bucs. lead by Rob Johnson.

That would be way too funny

PA Season Ticket Holder
12-09-2002, 09:50 PM
I always root for the AFC unless they're named the Dolphins, Patriots, Jets, or Steelers.

That looks like it only leaves the Raiders and the other WC for me to root for. My chances don't look very good.

LVGrown
12-09-2002, 10:09 PM
Originally posted by TacklingDummy

Hell yeah ... wouldnt that be GREAT!! RJ and the Bucs are a billion times better then Flutie and the Chargers.

I gotta go with PHILLY ... I love McNabb and have always had a little place in my heart for the Eagles ... don't ask me why ... I like the cardiac teams for some reason. GO EAGLES! I STILL HAVE FAITH THAT BY SOME MIRACLE WE WILL BE IN THE PLAYOFFS!!!

ERIN:bluangel: :j7:

DougFlutie7
12-10-2002, 08:02 AM
I love this conversation. If these dreams could only come true.

SABURZFAN
12-10-2002, 09:36 AM
oakland and philly

SABURZFAN
12-10-2002, 09:38 AM
Originally posted by DougFlutie7
I love this conversation. If these dreams could only come true.

if that were the case,you'd be 6'4" instead of 5'4".

Earthquake Enyart
12-10-2002, 09:56 AM
I think you are all a little premature on Oakland. They have 3 tough games left and may not even get into the playoffs. In the AFC it will boil down to home field who ever that turns out to be. In the NFC, if McNabb can come back and be effective, I like Philly. If not Philly, then the Packers :drool: When the sledding gets tough, too many guys on Tampa have too big of mouths and they will self destruct.

fabolouspaul
12-10-2002, 10:12 AM
Damn I think it would be hilarious if Flutie and RJ were starting for they're teams during the Superbowl.

Judge
12-10-2002, 11:58 AM
Damn I think it would be hilarious if Flutie and RJ were starting for they're teams during the Superbowl.

That would be something, wouldn't it?

I'm personally rooting for the Saints, I think. I have some family that moved there a couple of years ago, and went to the Superdome for the Bills-Saints game in 1998. RJ tore the Saints up before 40,000 Bills fans and 5 or 6 Saints fans that day.

The Saints are an impressive team this year- Deuce McAllister is awesome. I'd root for Ricky Williams if he weren't on the Dolphins, b/c he's spectacular too- a Deuce vs. Ricky Super Bowl would be pretty darn interesting!

vabillsfan
12-10-2002, 12:16 PM
I'd like to see Cincinnati versus Seattle. A classic!

Oops, wrong decade.