PDA

View Full Version : I hope we don't play the Pats early this year....

OpIv37
03-31-2005, 09:15 AM
I don't want to see them on the schedule until at least October. JP needs as much playing time as he can get before we face them, plus it will give our coaching staff a chance to evaluate how the Pats have changed after the loss of their co-ordinators (although, as I've previously stated, I don't think it will hurt them much).

At least we know we won't have them in week 1- in the words of G. Host, the Raiders have the unlucky duty of being the NFL's sacrificial lamb this season.

R. Rich
03-31-2005, 09:20 AM
I dunno. Having to play the Pats early doesn't give Belichick the opportunity to study Losman and pinpoint his weaknesses. It might not be such a bad thing to play them early.

The King
03-31-2005, 09:23 AM
I dunno. Having to play the Pats early doesn't give Belichick the opportunity to study Losman and pinpoint his weaknesses. It might not be such a bad thing to play them early.

exactly. 31-0 anyone?

OpIv37
03-31-2005, 09:26 AM
If they beat us badly, it could destroy Losman's confidence. Plus, he has to be incredibly nervous about those games given his poor performance last time (granted, he wasn't prepared and I don't consider that game an accurate picture of his ability, but in his head he'll have something to prove and that will add to the pressure of playing a division game against the SB champs).

gr8slayer
03-31-2005, 10:32 AM
We will have to play them in the first five games.

OpIv37
03-31-2005, 12:28 PM
We will have to play them in the first five games.
Is this a guess or do you know something the rest of us don't?