• Show
Clear All
  • Bill Brasky
    Drives an ice cream truck covered in human skulls
    • Jan 2004

NYC/Jets win stadium bid

NY Jets Awarded Stadium Rights in Manhattan
    Reuters

Mar 31, 2005 — NEW YORK (Reuters) - The New York Metropolitan Transportation Authority on Thursday awarded the National Football League's Jets the right to build a stadium on property the transportation agency owns on Manhattan's West Side.

The Jets' $720 million bid to build above MTA rail yards was chosen over a $760 million offer from Cablevision Systems Corp. and a $1.05 billion bid from TransGas Energy Systems, helping boost the city's chances of hosting the 2012 Olympics.

• Jersey1031
    • Feb 2003

Originally posted by jfreeman
    http://abcnews.go.com/Sports/wireStory?id=629567

NY Jets Awarded Stadium Rights in Manhattan
    Reuters

Mar 31, 2005 — NEW YORK (Reuters) - The New York Metropolitan Transportation Authority on Thursday awarded the National Football League's Jets the right to build a stadium on property the transportation agency owns on Manhattan's West Side.

The Jets' $720 million bid to build above MTA rail yards was chosen over a $760 million offer from Cablevision Systems Corp. and a $1.05 billion bid from TransGas Energy Systems, helping boost the city's chances of hosting the 2012 Olympics.

why the anger?? it will be good for the city
    "I'm cold, yeah I get my BUFFALO BILL on!" Lil' Wayne

Comment

• Michael82
      • Jul 2002

The city and that's it. It really sucks for the state of New York though.

Comment

• Mr. Miyagi
        Lecter's Little *****

• Sep 2002

Should I call off my cousin from moving there?

Comment

• Bill Brasky
          • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Finch1031
          why the anger?? it will be good for the city
          Just more money we have to dump into the city to build the stadium, another subway line, etc.... what a ****ing mess this will be.

Comment

• Michael82
            • Jul 2002

And isn't it a coincidence that the people who chose the Jets bid were all on Bloomberg's payroll or on his side. They all were pushing to get the Jets stadium in the first place. This whole thing smells fishy. I just pray that the Olympics say **** you to NYC and then the stadium issue will fall apart.

Comment

• Bill Brasky
              • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Mikey82
              And isn't it a coincidence that the people who chose the Jets bid were all on Bloomberg's payroll or on his side. They all were pushing to get the Jets stadium in the first place. This whole thing smells fishy. I just pray that the Olympics say **** you to NYC and then the stadium issue will fall apart.
              Hopefully I will be outta here by the time this thing is built... what a nightmare. They don't realize what they are getting themselves into, there are going to be so many pissed off people in NY.

Comment

• EDS
                • Jan 2003

It will be nice to be able to walk to a game.

Comment

• BFBills
                  "That will be Nate Clements third Pic of the day!"
                  • Oct 2002

i personally like it!... and what if mr. Ralph wants to build a stadium downtown assuring a resurgence of the area (downtown) then you will be happy if that passes...but if that were to happen and then i didnt pass i would have to agree with the anger... (i like to make sence)
                  "BillsZone.com some of the most uhhhh....some of the smartest football talkers I've ever ever talked to"...Voltron...

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                  MIKE IS NICE!!!!!!!!!!!MIKE IS NICE!!!!!MIKE IS NICE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

• BFBills
                    "That will be Nate Clements third Pic of the day!"
                    • Oct 2002

they also got the super bowl then (http://www.newyorkjets.com/news/)

Big East Bowl Game????????????????? WHAT???????????
                    "BillsZone.com some of the most uhhhh....some of the smartest football talkers I've ever ever talked to"...Voltron...

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                    MIKE IS NICE!!!!!!!!!!!MIKE IS NICE!!!!!MIKE IS NICE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

• Michael82
                      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by BFBills
                      i personally like it!... and what if mr. Ralph wants to build a stadium downtown assuring a resurgence of the area (downtown) then you will be happy if that passes...but if that were to happen and then i didnt pass i would have to agree with the anger... (i like to make sence)
                      That's the problem. there's no way in hell that this would pass if it were a new $1.7 billion stadium for the Bills.

Comment

• Bill Brasky
                        • Jan 2004

Originally posted by EDS
                        It will be nice to be able to walk to a game.
                        Have fun tailgating... well... nowhere... I guess one of the tunnels will be suitable.

That's the problem. there's no way in hell that this would pass if it were a new $1.7 billion stadium for the Bills.
                        Exactly... the state can't even give Erie County enough $$ for toilet paper, but they can give NYC the stadium, along w/ a boatload of other **** they don't need.

Comment

• Jets_Own_The_Jills
                          I can poop out of my mouth. Right now I'm farting.
                          • Oct 2003

Actually Bloomberg only had 4 appointees whose vote only counted for one. If you want to whine to someone take it up with the Governor who had 10 appointees on the board each of who had a vote. As for the Olympics not coming to New York making the stadium issue fall apart, not likely. This stadium has the full support of City hall and Albany either way.
                          Face it, we own you!!

Comment

• Bill Brasky
                            • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Jets_Own_The_Jills
                            City hall and Albany
                            Butt buddies, how cute

Comment

• Jets_Own_The_Jills
                              I can poop out of my mouth. Right now I'm farting.
                              • Oct 2003

Haha, you act as if the state is the one that's going to pay the entire amount of $1.7 billion dollars. Check your facts. Woody Johnson is only asking for $300 million from the state to fund the platform. The other $300 million will be paid directly from city residents. And the state will profit in the long run from the taxes the stadium will generate. Face it Bills fans, you're just jealous. You guys are bitter you will be stuck playing in the Alf ... er Ralph, for the next 20 years.
                              Face it, we own you!!

Comment

Working...
                              X