PDA

View Full Version : WR Mike Williams to TB ??

Dicknoze69
03-31-2005, 01:43 PM
I know every mock draft and their brother has Tampa Bay taking a Running Back early, but I've seen various reports that say that TB is seriously interested in Mike Williams.

If they take Mike Williams at #5, I think that makes them players in the Henry sweepstakes. They were awful last year at running the ball, and he would be an instant upgrade. From what I remember, they are fairly tight up against the sal cap, so he would be a fit there. It would give us more options at the very least.

What do you guys think ?

Jeff1220
03-31-2005, 01:52 PM
What do they have to offer? Walker? Steussie?

alohabillsfan
03-31-2005, 02:02 PM
Their #3 pick would be good enough for me!
or swap #2 and # 3 picks.

jpdex12
03-31-2005, 02:09 PM
I know every mock draft and their brother has Tampa Bay taking a Running Back early, but I've seen various reports that say that TB is seriously interested in Mike Williams.

If they take Mike Williams at #5, I think that makes them players in the Henry sweepstakes. They were awful last year at running the ball, and he would be an instant upgrade. From what I remember, they are fairly tight up against the sal cap, so he would be a fit there. It would give us more options at the very least.

What do you guys think ?I was thinking the exact same thought. I would say that this is a definite possibility. The good thing about the Henry situation is that he will not come terribly expensive to another team and it would allow them to maybe trade a second round pick and let them address another need in the first round rather than a RB. Good thought Dicknoze69!
How many second rounders does Tampa have?

Dicknoze69
03-31-2005, 02:40 PM
They have one 2nd round pick (#36) and two 3rd round picks (#71 + #91).

I'd like draft picks from them. I'd almost consider taking their 3rd round pick (#71) straight up for Henry.

Dicknoze69
03-31-2005, 02:43 PM
If things break right (TB takes M. Williams and Arizona takes a CB/QB), we could have 2 teams bidding for Henry's services.

Of course, if things break wrong we have a cheap backup who can be starter material.

SABURZFAN
03-31-2005, 02:51 PM

What do you guys think ?

that could be a possibility.i still hope they can work out the henry-shelton deal with arizona though.i wouldn't be disappointed with the #71 overall pick for him,like you stated in another post.this henry situation is getting ugly and it could get uglier.we don't need any distractions on this team.get rid of him quickly.

tampabay25690
03-31-2005, 03:16 PM
Well I have posted something about this a while back. MIKE WILLIAMS has many ties with Tampa #1, he is from Tampa and played his High School ball here. #2 they need another WR to go with Clayton and that would be a great pair for many years to come.

I did here the radio today and Tampa is thinking about cutting Steussie, and possibly Kenyatta Walker these could be a couple of guys the Bills could definitely use. I would rather have Walker he is still young and I think McNally could make him into a damn good LT!!!!!!!!

If I hear anymore down here I will definitely post it!!!!!!

IM OUT!!

jamze132
03-31-2005, 04:34 PM
Don't be suprised if we get to pick in the top 5 of the second round. We then pick Matt Jones and then go O line or Nugent with our other second rounder. I don't like Lindel and I feel Nugent, allthough a steep price for a kicker will be much, much better than Lindel.