PDA

View Full Version : BZFL 2004 - Draft Question

Devin
03-31-2005, 02:24 PM
Eb is this like a fantasy draft?

I.e round based, any player goes till our rosters are filled. (under the cap of course).

Also I am assuming this will come after the stadium draft.

Just sort of want to prepare myself and start planning.

Ebenezer
03-31-2005, 02:53 PM
Eb is this like a fantasy draft?

I.e round based, any player goes till our rosters are filled. (under the cap of course).

Also I am assuming this will come after the stadium draft.

Just sort of want to prepare myself and start planning.
yes...that is how it is just like a real draft you can take any player at anytime...the "salary" for each player depends on the round selected...you can even skip rounds if you like (i.e., you do not have to make a $10 mil selection).

Devin
03-31-2005, 03:03 PM
Are the draft orders at Random?

Ebenezer
03-31-2005, 04:03 PM
Are the draft orders at Random?
No. I will draw the order from lot and it will be snake order (if you draft 1st in even rounds you will draft last in odd rounds). If you draft 9, 10 or 11 you will be in the middle of every round.

After the stocking draft, all drafts will be done by order of finish, worst to first.

R. Rich
04-01-2005, 10:23 AM
Have the draft immediately following this stadium draft.

Devin
04-01-2005, 10:39 AM
if the stadium draft ever ends.

Ebenezer
04-01-2005, 12:23 PM
Have the draft immediately following this stadium draft.
I hvae to receive the game in the mail and get the player ratings to all the owners.

Devin
04-01-2005, 12:24 PM
this is gonna be a lot of fun.

R. Rich
04-01-2005, 01:47 PM
I hvae to receive the game in the mail and get the player ratings to all the owners.

You hvae to?

So, we're working on the honor system in this league, since you're the one simulating the games and all.

Ebenezer
04-01-2005, 02:09 PM
You hvae to?

So, we're working on the honor system in this league, since you're the one simulating the games and all.
yes, I hvae to....:D

yes, I will be on the honor system.

R. Rich
04-02-2005, 06:44 AM
So, how long will we have (not hvae) for this player draft? Since we need to draft our entire roster, we should keep it moving at a good pace. Otherwise, it could take months to fill our rosters. I mean, the mock draft in the football forum has been going on for a week and a half and we've only completed 1 full round and are less than halfway through the second.

R. Rich
04-02-2005, 08:12 AM
So, how long will we have (not hvae) for this player draft? Since we need to draft our entire roster, we should keep it moving at a good pace. Otherwise, it could take months to fill our rosters. I mean, the mock draft in the football forum has been going on for a week and a half and we've only completed 1 full round and are less than halfway through the second.

Correction: we're more than halfway through the second round now. In fact, we're about 10 picks from the end of round 2.

Michael82
04-02-2005, 01:29 PM
No. I will draw the order from lot and it will be snake order (if you draft 1st in even rounds you will draft last in odd rounds). If you draft 9, 10 or 11 you will be in the middle of every round.

After the stocking draft, all drafts will be done by order of finish, worst to first.
How do you do the order? I hope it's random like numbers from a hat. Because i got screwed with the stadium....i better get a good pick for the player draft. :mad:

:ontome:

ryjam282
04-02-2005, 03:20 PM
I think the draft order should go in the opposite of the Stadium draft....Meaning whoever picked first in the stadium should get last pick in the first round and last pick in the stadium should get first in the regular draft.....Good idea Eb???

That way people at the bottom don't feel like they are being screwed twice :)

That Guy
04-02-2005, 05:55 PM
I think the draft order should go in the opposite of the Stadium draft....Meaning whoever picked first in the stadium should get last pick in the first round and last pick in the stadium should get first in the regular draft.....Good idea Eb???

The second-to-last pick in the stadium draft agrees.

Michael82
04-03-2005, 10:13 AM

I agree.

ryjam282
04-03-2005, 10:44 AM
What do you say Eb? Good idea? Others seem to like it....

R. Rich
04-03-2005, 03:22 PM
Works for me. It would mean I get back to back draft picks.

I only hope we start soon AND that the draft doesn't take that long. We have a lot of spots to fill and there's no way we can do it if people take forever on each pick.

Ebenezer
04-04-2005, 09:15 AM
I was going to have a random draw for the stocking draft. It will be run snake order like fantasy football drafts. All future FA and rookie drafts will be held in a worst to first fashion based on the previous years records.

As far as how long the draft will take....I will assign time blocks for each pick...if the person does not pick in their slotted time then the next person can go. To avoid being skipped if somebody is not able to make it to their time they can always e-mail me a list and I will take the next available person on that list.

for example...

Round 1

8:00-8:15 Buffalo Bills
8:15-8:30 New England
8:30-8:45 New York Jets

The Bills would be on the clock up until 8:15...once the Bills pick the Pats can go...they might pick by 8:20 and then the Jets could go...whatever the case, if they have not picked by 8:30 the Jets would go on the clock and the Pats could choose at any time...being skipped does not mean you lost your chance to pick in that round...you have that whole round to get a pick in...if you do not pick by the end of the round then you can't pick in that round...

after the $5 mil rounds, to speed up the draft, each owner will be able to select TWO players - should they chose to - in each round (you just have to pay them that much)...that will make it go faster.

ryjam282
04-04-2005, 10:49 AM
Come on....Make the draft the opposite of the stadium draft....COME ON EB!!

;)

Michael82
04-04-2005, 01:11 PM
Come on....Make the draft the opposite of the stadium draft....COME ON EB!!

;)
:hi5: