X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • fanman
    • Dec 2004

Bills sign Guard Anderson

V.Coach is reporting that the bills have officially signed Bennie Anderson to a contract. no link but if you want to come over and look at my cell phone, feel free. I'm sure bb.com will have it up soon...speak of the devil

Bennie Anderson played for the Ravens last year and has been talked up as primarily a run blocker

TD mentioned in his interview the other day that they really liked him and would like to sign him.
  • Romes
    • Jul 2002

woohoo! the o-line just got better
    Originally posted by paladin warrior
    RALPH is drove me nut.

Comment

• Mudflap1
      Next Question!
      • Nov 2004

About time. Get Shelton for Henry and now we've got at least a passable line.

TE, WR, DT, K, backup RB...........

Jon

Comment

• justasportsfan
        • Jul 2002

Pro Summary:
        A true free agent success story, Anderson has started 44 games since signing with the Ravens as a free agent in 2001...Physically gifted player with good hands...Started 15 regular season games and the Wild Card loss at right guard in 2003...Helped pave the way for Jamal Lewis to rush for a franchise-record 2,066 yards, the second-highest-total in NFL history (Eric Dickerson - 2,105 in 1984)...Big, strong lineman who was one of three offensive players (OT Jonathan Ogden and TE Todd Heap) to start all 16 games in 2002...Worked his way from a free agent in 2001, to a mainstay on the right side of the offensive line...Played for the XFL’s Chicago Enforcers in 2001.

Started at RG and helped pave the way for the Ravens to rush for 190 yards (4.6 ypc) and did not allow a sack for the 2nd straight game before leaving the game with a shoulder injury in the 30-23 victory in the season finale vs. Mia. (1/2/05)…Started at RG before moving to LG for an injured Edwin Mulitalo (triceps) in game 15 at Pit. (12/26)…Helped to hold the Steelers without a sack…Subbed at RG and helped open holes allowing the Ravens to rush for 160 yards, including 130 by Jamal Lewis in game 14 at Ind. (12/19)…Subbed at RG and helped open holes, allowing the Ravens to rush for 169 yards in game 13 vs. NYG (12/12)…Also helped protect Kyle Boller, allowing him to throw for 219 yards and a career-high 4 TDs against the Giants…Subbed at RG for Mike Flynn (dislocated finger) and played on special teams in game 12 vs. Cin. (12/5)…Subbed at RG and helped open holes allowing the Ravens to average 3.9 yards per carry in game 11 at NE (11/28)…Started at RG and helped protect Kyle Boller, allowing him to complete a career-high 67.6% of his passes for 232 yards, 2 TDs and 0 INTs in the 30-10 win in game 10 vs. Dal. (11/21)…Started at RG, but switched to LG in the second half after an injury to Edwin Mulitalo in game 9 at NYJ (11/14)…Helped protect Kyle Boller, allowing him to complete 57.5% of his passes (19-of-33) for 213 yards, 2 TDs and no INTs in the 20-17 OT victory…Started at RG and helped open holes, allowing the Ravens to rush for 106 yards, including 81 by Jamal Lewis in game 8 vs. Cle. (11/7)…Also helped protect Kyle Boller, allowing him to complete passes to 7 different receivers against the Browns…Started at RG and helped protect Kyle Boller, allowing him to complete 63.2% of his passes (24-of-38) for 223 yards (his best total since he threw for 302 yards at Cin. on 10/19/02) in game 7 at Phi. (10/31)…Also helped open holes, allowing the Ravens to rush for 113 yards against the Eagles…Started at RG and protected Kyle Boller, allowing him to open the game 8-for-8 for 78 yards and helped open holes, allowing Chester Taylor to rush for a career-high 89 yards in game 6 vs. Buf. (10/24)…Started at RG and helped pave the way for the Ravens to rush for 156 yards, including 116 by Jamal Lewis, in the 17-10 victory in game 5 at Was. (10/10)…Started at RG and helped protect Kyle Boller, allowing him to post a 108.5 QB rating (10-of-17 passing for 154 yards, 1 TD and no INTs) in game 4 vs. KC (10/4)…Started at RG and helped pave the way for the Ravens to rush for 254 yards and 2 rushing TDs, including a franchise-record 10.3 yards per carry by Jamal Lewis in game 3 at Cin. (9/26)…Also protected Kyle Boller, allowing him to complete 61.1% of his passes for 126 yards and a TD (his 1st of the season) against the Bengals…Started at RG and helped open holes, allowing the Ravens to rush for 172 yards and 2 TDs in game 2 vs. Pit. (9/19)…Also helped protect Kyle Boller, allowing him to complete 55.5% of his passes with no INTs against the Steelers…Started at RG in game 1 at Cle. (9/12) and helped protect Boller, helping him complete 57.8% of his passes for 191 yards.

here's more
        sacrifice1
        https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• Iehoshua
          • Jan 2003

Friend of mine I work with who is a huge Raven fan talks well of him. Says he's a solid player, better run blocker. I like the signing!

Comment

• Dicknoze69
            Just because my name is dicknoze,it doesn't mean I have balls in my mouth
            • Jul 2002

yay!!! Hopefully he's coming to Buffalo cheap.

God give me style and give me grace
            God put a smile upon my face

Comment

• Dicknoze69
              • Jul 2002

It's on the BB.com front page

6:15 press conference scheduled

Comment

• Bert102176
                • Aug 2002

just said it on the channel 2 news also and that April was named ST's coach of the year
                lets go BUFFALO lets go BUFFALO

Comment

• SABURZFAN
                  short bus extraordinaire
                  • Jul 2002

i was just talking about anderson in the Baltimore draft thread.that's a huge upgrade to our OL.

we still need the shelton-henry trade to go down.
                  Originally posted by yordad
                  Christ, you are the queerest person in the history of Bills fanhood. I swear to god I would stomp you.

Comment

• Iehoshua
                    • Jan 2003

Originally posted by SABURZFAN
                    i was just talking about anderson in the Baltimore draft thread.that's a huge upgrade to our OL.

we still need the shelton-henry trade to go down.
                    Our line would be diesel if we added Shelton now.

Comment

• cordog
                      eat, drink, and be merry
                      • Apr 2003

nice, very nice. Good job TD. Got a good job and im guessing he came pretty cheap.

Comment

• Luisito23
                        Men Have Superbowl Gold, Legends Have Platinum Hearts!!!
                        • Apr 2003

ABOUT TIME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

sounds like a great pickup, definetly an upgrade.......................

GO BILLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                        "Expect rejection, but expect more to overcome it."
                        ***Marv Levy.***

"Coach Levy is one of the most inspirational people that I have ever known."
                        ***Thurman Thomas.***

"You're not going to find a more classier, down-to-Earth person away from the field than Marv Levy. He's a guy who's pretty much made me what I am today as far as a professional player and a person."
                        ***Jim Kelly***

Marv Levy's Website

Comment

• cordog
                          eat, drink, and be merry
                          • Apr 2003

Big Mike, Villarial, Teague, Anderson, and hopefully Shelton

Comment

• Dicknoze69
                            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by cordog
                            Big Mike, Villarial, Teague, Anderson, and hopefully Shelton
                            If not Shelton, we can move Teague over to LT, put Tucker at C and now have Anderson play LG.

Comment

• Mudflap1
                              Next Question!
                              • Nov 2004

Our line would be diesel if we added Shelton now.
                              They'll be big, probably good run blockers, suspect pass blockers though.

Jon

Comment

Working...
                              X