PDA

View Full Version : If Shelton, then what?

jpdex12
03-31-2005, 09:32 PM
I gotta believe that the TH for Shelton deal will get done.

Saying that this happens, who will our first pick really be?

With a pretty young line, other than Teague and Villarial, we are looking good. Teague can be replace by Tucker, so really we're only looking at Villarial as the older one to plan to replace soon. This is thinking that everyone else should play respectable in their positions.

I'm gonna say that TD will go after Matt Jones if he's on the board. If not, then Mike Patterson.

What do you guys think?

Italian Stallion
03-31-2005, 09:39 PM
defensive back........Shazor, Pool, Washignton, McFadden one of these guys should be considered

Michael82
03-31-2005, 09:39 PM
I gotta believe that the TH for Shelton deal will get done.

Saying that this happens, who will our first pick really be?

With a pretty young line, other than Teague and Villarial, we are looking good. Teague can be replace by Tucker, so really we're only looking at Villarial as the older one to plan to replace soon. This is thinking that everyone else should play respectable in their positions.

I'm gonna say that TD will go after Matt Jones if he's on the board. If not, then Mike Patterson.

What do you guys think?
I think that we'll see either Baas, Wilkerson, or Brown.

jpdex12
03-31-2005, 09:41 PM
I think that we'll see either Baas, Wilkerson, or Brown.
You still think that he will go after a lineman after shoring the o-line up some? I believe in depth but I wonder what that first pick will be.

Michael82
03-31-2005, 09:44 PM
You still think that he will go after a lineman after shoring the o-line up some? I believe in depth but I wonder what that first pick will be.
No, that's who I want. Knowing TD, if a top DT, DE LB, CB, OL, TE, WR, FS or SS were available at our 2nd round pick...TD would grab them. He always grabs the best available player. If we get that trade for Shelton and their 2nd rounder and move up to 44, I could see TD grabbing whatever player falls to them that is the best available on their list.

DMBcrew36
03-31-2005, 10:01 PM
Assuming that the LT position is filled by Shelton, I feel that the Bills may be content enough with the O-line. I guess it's really going to depend on who is still available by the time we pick.

McClane
03-31-2005, 10:15 PM
Matt Jones...hopefully..

Tatonka
03-31-2005, 11:25 PM
if the trade for shelton goes through.. and we get to move up.. if on the board.. matt jones really sounds like our pick.

clumping platelets
03-31-2005, 11:28 PM
DL, DB, or WR

Yes, WR.......Moulds has a HUGE $11 million cap hit in 06, Josh Reed will be UFA, and Aiken is RFA

Bert102176
03-31-2005, 11:31 PM
I don't think TD wants anything but draft picks in return and I don't blame him

jpdex12
04-01-2005, 06:18 AM
DL, DB, or WR

Yes, WR.......Moulds has a HUGE $11 million cap hit in 06, Josh Reed will be UFA, and Aiken is RFA
This is what I was keeping in mind. Could Evans be our #1 receiver and Matt Jones a #2 receiver? I didn't have time to look at cap hits, but what would be the situation if we let Moulds fly next year? How much savings? If there is enough potential savings and we grabbed Jones this year, that might free up enough scratch to resign Nate and we would still have a good receiving corps. I am not concerned with replacing Reed.

ryjam282
04-01-2005, 06:42 AM
I think we get Jones as well. This guy has just made so much noise as of late and that is one thing TD always does. He gets talent. I mean, 6'6" and runs a 4.3? WOW, he would be a solid compliment to our WR corps right now.

Next season, I could see it as this:

Moulds, Evans, Jones, Aiken/Reed

I like that a lot. Very young, with respect to Moulds and solid speed at all the positions.

helmetguy
04-01-2005, 07:26 AM
Just to clarify what Mikey said, TD has a penchant for filling more immediate needs through FA, and looking long term in the draft. So, it's anyone's guess.

I am decidedly non-committal on the draft.

BuffaloRanger
04-01-2005, 07:31 AM
Jones is moving up the board fast. He may not be there.

To me it's sad that improvement on Oline means Gandy, Anderson who was floating out there forever, and "hopefully" Shelton after he gets released from the Cards doghouse.

Because of the way the Bills "shored up the Oline" by "scraping the bottom of the barrel" TD may feel that drafting Oline isn't important...again.

I know, I know, McNally can do anything.

BuffaloRanger
04-01-2005, 07:33 AM
If Jones is there, I am all for the Bills selecting him. But the Bills should get their future Center on Day 1...somehow.

Michael82
04-01-2005, 07:46 AM
Just to clarify what Mikey said, TD has a penchant for filling more immediate needs through FA, and looking long term in the draft. So, it's anyone's guess.

Thanks helmet! Good post. :clap:

mysticsoto
04-01-2005, 07:50 AM
Jones is moving up the board fast. He may not be there.

To me it's sad that improvement on Oline means Gandy, Anderson who was floating out there forever, and "hopefully" Shelton after he gets released from the Cards doghouse.

Because of the way the Bills "shored up the Oline" by "scraping the bottom of the barrel" TD may feel that drafting Oline isn't important...again.

I know, I know, McNally can do anything.
Well, my POV is that if someone like Baas is available, by all means, grab him. But if another top prospect for another position is there - go for that instead. The O-line is OK for now. Considering the depth of Centers, I'd still like him to grab one later - maybe in the 4th.

clumping platelets
04-01-2005, 08:12 AM

:10:

BuffaloRanger
04-01-2005, 08:23 AM
If Jones and Bass were both there when the Bills picked...that would a tough one. If a Top 5 Center is going to drop to the 3rd or even 4th round, then I'd take Jones.

But that's a tough call. The Bills have to get their next Center in this draft somehow.

buffmaniac
04-01-2005, 08:35 AM
The Bills are trying to set themselves to do what they do best. Take the best player available.

Dicknoze69
04-01-2005, 09:25 AM
DL, DB, or WR

I think it'll be a CB or WR now.

jpdex12
04-01-2005, 10:07 AM
The Bills are trying to set themselves to do what they do best. Take the best player available.
That's why if Jones is there, then I think we grab him!

jeffhcb
04-01-2005, 10:11 AM
Everyone keeps thinking the swapping of second round draft slots is keeping the bills/cards from making the trade. What if TD offers to swap third round spots s that the Bills get a shot at one of the 3-4 good centers. Then I'm fine with taking best player in round 2. They MUST get a center by round 3 and this draft has several good ones. Teague is just too old, an FA next year and simply NOT dominant by any stretch.

ScottLawrence
04-01-2005, 10:25 AM
We would go C, DT, CB, or WR.

Im hoping for C or DT in round 2.

TigerJ
04-01-2005, 10:27 AM
I think Baas is the only offensive lineman the Bills would consider taking at #55. I think they would consider any one of several DTs: Luis Castillo, Atiyah Ellison, CJ Mosely, or Antaj Hawthorne. I'd be a little surprised if they went fo Mike Patterson. If Shazor dropped to them, something I don't expect to happen, they would probably jump on him. I wouldn't rule out a WR or perhaps Alex Smith, TE out of Stanford.

In round 2 Buffalo will not draft: QB, RB, T (though very possible from R3 on), FB, DE, LB, K, P.

Mahdi
04-01-2005, 10:30 AM
This is what I was keeping in mind. Could Evans be our #1 receiver and Matt Jones a #2 receiver? I didn't have time to look at cap hits, but what would be the situation if we let Moulds fly next year? How much savings? If there is enough potential savings and we grabbed Jones this year, that might free up enough scratch to resign Nate and we would still have a good receiving corps. I am not concerned with replacing Reed.
I dont think that #2 WR would be his most productive position. He would probably be more successful in the slot TE position like Shockey.

tampabay25690
04-01-2005, 10:42 AM
I really still think the Bills have to look at OL in the 2nd round, after that a DT and our a TE!!!!!!!

I really like Alex Smith TE from Stanford... He brings much more athleticism then any other of our TE's!!!!!!

But I would love to see a Bass instead..