PDA

View Full Version : PFT actually had me going for a minute

Jeff1220
04-01-2005, 07:16 AM
THE NICKTATOR CALLS IT QUITS

Miami Dolphins coach Nick Saban apparently has had enough, even before presiding over his first NFL mini-camp.

According to a league source, the Nicktator has resigned his position as the head coach and grand poobah of the Fins, barely three months after taking the job.

Saban, we're told, had grown weary of the demands placed on him for access to his assistant coaches, and he feared that media scrutiny of the franchise would only intensify.

Word is that owner Wayne Huizenga will pay to Saban a severance package equivalent to 50 percent of his 2005 salary. With all college jobs filled, Saban apparently will sit the year out, and then try to get back into the NCAA game next year.

Immediate speculation on a replacement has centered on former Browns coach Butch Davis, who previously spent time with the University of Miami as the head coach, before heading to the NFL as the boss of the Browns.

"There's simply no one else," said one league insider.

For the Dolphins, Saban's exit is the latest embarrassment in a string of indignities dating back to Dan Marino's three-week stint as the team president, and continuing through an ill-advised trade for quarterback A.J. Feeley, the abrupt retirement of running back Ricky Williams, the pathetic acquisition of receiver David Boston, and the coerced resignation of coach Dave Wannstedt.

http://www.profootballtalk.com/rumormill.htm

Michael82
04-01-2005, 07:35 AM
:rofl:

That's some funny ****. I also liked what they said in the one-liners. :snicker:

The Bills have hired O.J. Simpson as a part-time regional scout (and part-time knife sharpener).

The NFLPA plans to retain NHLPA executive director Bob Goodenow as a special consultant to the union's ongoing efforts to work out a new CBA with NFL owners; "We're going to play hardball," said executive director Gene Upshaw. "Besides, Goodenow doesn't really have anything else going on right now."

Hall of Famer Fran Tarkenton and 1984 Heisman Winner Doug Flutie are launching a "Short Man's Syndrome Fantasy Camp," complete with shoe lifts, sports cars, and loud talking.

The Giants are considering hiring Archie Manning to assist with the grooming of Eli in minicamps and offseason workouts.

Pats owner Bob Kraft has decided that players from the 2004 team who also were on the 2003 championship squad won't get new Super Bowl rings; instead, Kraft will merely spring for another cubic zirconium to be added to the 2003 blingage.

Arkansas QB Matt Jones might have torn an ACL during a pickup basketball game on Thursday.

The Steelers have re-signed CB Dewayne Washington and CB Chad Scott.

Last year, Giants QB Jesse Palmer auditioned for the new Superman movie; this year, Colts QB Peyton Manning will read for the role of Herman in the screen version of The Munsters (if nothing else, he'll help keep the makeup expenses stay within budget).

Cowboys QB Drew Bledsoe's mobility is improving; he recently ran the 40 in 6.4 seconds.

Former Ohio State RB Maurice Clarett has filed suit against the NFL to get out of the 2005 draft.

Bengals president Mike Brown is taking the whole "local revenue streams" thing literally -- he's installing pay toilets at Paul Brown Stadium.

Panther P Todd Sauerbrun has challenged Jose Canseco to a nut-shrinking contest.

If Reggie Fowler's bid to fall the Vikings falls through, Red McCombs plans to assign the job of selling the team at the highest possible profit to Super-scalper Mike Tice.

Jeff1220
04-01-2005, 07:41 AM
This is the one that woke me up to the fact that today is 4/1:

The Bills have hired O.J. Simpson as a part-time regional scout (and part-time knife sharpener).

Michael82
04-01-2005, 07:42 AM
This is the one that woke me up to the fact that today is 4/1:
:lmao: That's the first one i saw when I was surfing. :scared:

The_Philster
04-01-2005, 03:26 PM
Bengals president Mike Brown is taking the whole "local revenue streams" thing literally -- he's installing pay toilets at Paul Brown Stadium.
A few years ago, I could've seen this actually happening :laughter: