Does the signing of Anderson mean the Shelton deal is off?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • OpIv37
    Acid Douching Asswipe
    • Sep 2002

Does the signing of Anderson mean the Shelton deal is off?

If so, are you happy with the O-line? What do we do about Travis?

I think Anderson helps- I think adding Shelton will give us an above average O-line and I'd be much more confident about the upcoming season.

As far as Henry- if the Bills don't trade him, his only hope for a big payday with another team is to play his ass off this year. Whether or not he's smart enough to see that- time will tell.
    MiKiDo Facebook
    MiKiDo Website
  • TheGhostofJimKelly
    • May 2003

Anderson is a guard, Shelton is a tackle. I don't see the trade being off unless the Cards give up a little more than just Shelton for Henry.

Comment

• OpIv37
      Acid Douching Asswipe
      • Sep 2002

there has been a lot of talk about shuffling the line around- Anderson is definitely an upgrade although I don't think he's the complete answer. My fear is TD thinking he now has enough talent to move a few guys around and have a decent line. I think we still need Shelton.
      MiKiDo Facebook
      MiKiDo Website

Comment

• TedMock
        • Jul 2002

We still need a tackle. Anderson gives us a legit power run blocker on the inside. He and CV are both solid run blockers and they both have a reputation for being mean. Teague still worries me but we could live with him for now, and Williams really came into his own last season. LT is the one area we're very weak, no matter how we shuffle things around. Our best hope is to find a true, solid, LT in free agency. Shelton would be a very nice pickup. He's not a dominant LT, but he's solid. He's also very talented, so who knows how much better he'll be. McNally's not a miracle worker, but he's proven time and again that he can at least get guys to play up to potential. Just look at our two tackles last season both putting out career years. If anything, Shelton's a first round pick who's started many games, and still has some untapped talent. There's no reason not to be excited if this deal happens.

Comment

• alohabillsfan
          • Sep 2003

With the addition of Anderson it does give TD a little flexability with regards to the shelton deal in this game of poker he just raised the pot with arizona. only time will tell but I believe that the deal will be done very soon I really donot believe arizona will keep shelton at 3 mill per until draft day, they trade him and his salary for TH.

Comment

• Billsouth
            • Jul 2002

shelton will be cut if not traded. we could pick him up that way.
            "once a raider always a raider"

Comment

• Devin
              The Octagon
              • Apr 2003

i doubt it
              http://gridironjunkies.net/forums/index.php

Comment

• OpIv37
                Acid Douching Asswipe
                • Sep 2002

Originally posted by Billsouth
                shelton will be cut if not traded. we could pick him up that way.
                how many other teams are looking for a LT and what is their cap situation? We don't have the cap space to get into a bidding war.
                MiKiDo Facebook
                MiKiDo Website

Comment

• fanman
                  • Dec 2004

With the addition of Anderson it does give TD a little flexability with regards to the shelton deal in this game of poker he just raised the pot with arizona.
                  While I don't think TD "solved" the o-line problem with this pickup, I think he made it less of a need. This gives us some bargaining power with AZ. TD can now say, "we aren't desperate for Shelton so we will wait for fair value for Henry." Not that he wasn't saying that before but now his words have a little more weight. And I don't think he'll flinch. If AZ doesn't cave, we'll probably draft a center and/or a LT and go with what we got.

Comment

• Tatonka
                    • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Devin
                    i doubt it
                    doubt what? that arizona would cut shelton? why would you keep a 3 mill a year back up?
                    "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

Working...
                    X