Denny Green: "we’re not going to mess around with trading draft picks" for Henry

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Ickybaluky
    • Jul 2003

Denny Green: "we’re not going to mess around with trading draft picks" for Henry

Latest article on the possible Henry/Shelton deal from the Mesa, AZ East Valley Tribune.
  • ddaryl
    Everything I post is sexual inuendo
    • Jan 2005

Give Green credit for sticking ot his guns...

Comment

• OpIv37
      Acid Douching Asswipe
      • Sep 2002

wow, TD and Green are in a d**k measuring contest- this is fun to watch.
      MiKiDo Facebook
      MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Tatonka
        • Jul 2002

maybe it wont happen.. i just hope all three backs are gone by greens pick.
        "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• DaBillzAhDaShiznit
          • May 2004

This is kinda fun! Who will blink first? I don't think either has the upperhand...
          it all comes down to value. In my opinion, in the current market, their values are equal. Let's get an even swap done, so we know who to pick in the draft.
          "Show me a good loser and I will show you an idiot"
          --Leo Durocher

Comment

• jpdex12
            • Jan 2005

Originally posted by Tatonka
            maybe it wont happen.. i just hope all three backs are gone by greens pick.
            That's right bro! You know that is what TD is patiently going to wait for. Then he will have Denny by the short hairs. Denny better hope that the deal goes down before it gets that far or TD just might give it to him dry and demand more than just Shelton and a swap of 2nd round picks.
            You know that Green is just blowing smoke because if he wasn't interested at all in TH, he wouldn't keep issuing statements about the trade and what he will offer for TH.
            It is going to be fun to watch this play out. Like two teenage boys trying to out do eachother over a girl. Go get him TD!
            Where else would you rather be than right here right now?

Comment

• ryjam282
              Offical Billszone Starting QB
              • Mar 2003

I still think it will happen. I think this is just a response to the Sirius interview with TD and he has to say something.

Ryan Withey
              Owner/President/GM/Director of Player Personnel

Kansas City Super Deuces

Comment

• Mr. Miyagi
                Lecter's Little *****

• Sep 2002

With the signing of Bennie Anderson, our Oline just got better and we got less desperate. Whereas Arizona still doesn't have an RB. I'd say we have the upperhand.

Comment

• JJamezz

Administrator Emeritus
                  • Jul 2002

I think TD has the upper hand simply because Shelton makes too much money to be a backup, and Henry doesn't.

Comment

• Dicknoze69
                    Just because my name is dicknoze,it doesn't mean I have balls in my mouth
                    • Jul 2002

Originally posted by JJamezz
                    I think TD has the upper hand simply because Shelton makes too much money to be a backup, and Henry doesn't.
                    I agree...despite all his posturing, I'm not sure Green can keep Shelton around as a backup.

God give me style and give me grace
                    God put a smile upon my face

Comment

• Mudflap1
                      Next Question!
                      • Nov 2004

Arizona wants Henry, they want to get rid of Shelton. We want to get rid of Henry, and can get AT LEAST Shelton, so why not pine for more while there's still time, get what you can, and if, at the end of the day, all you can get is Shelton, then make the deal. You get a LT that you need, get rid of a disgruntled running back, and you make a smart salary cap move.

It's just posturing. Tom Donahoe's trying to get everything he can, knowing worst-case scenario he's got the even up trade in his back pocket.

Jon

Comment

• mysticsoto
                        Too sober for this...
                        • Apr 2004

I love the sound of this...from: http://www.buffalonews.com/editorial...01/1072863.asp

"The Bills plan to take a look at starting center Trey Teague at left tackle in the spring minicamps. If the move becomes permanent, the Bills could field one of the toughest and nastiest interior lines in the NFL with Anderson and Chris Villarrial at guard and Tucker manning the center spot. All three are rugged performers who play with a mean streak."

Comment

• HAMMER
                          I'm right, Miyagi is wrong.
                          • Jul 2003

Why is everyone so high on Shelton? He has been thrown on the trash heap for a reason, he didn't get it done in AZ. Yes we need a LT but at what cost? Travis Henry is a very good RB, I am in no hurry to give him away either. 1200 and 1300 yard seasons are nothing to sneaze at, you can never have too many good backs, see Carolina the last few years. Buffalo owns him through next season, if I am in charge he will play for me this year. Draft a center and move Teague to LT, he knows the position and is very capable.

Comment

• SABURZFAN
                            short bus extraordinaire
                            • Jul 2002

screw denny green!!!!!!

if they don't want to deal with draft picks,they better tell bidwell that he needs to eat some of shelton's contract.henry has more value than shelton if you want to get down to it.how many RBs are in the NFL that are young,making $1.35 million,and have a couple of 1000 yards seasons under his belt?not too many.

people wonder why arizona has been bad for so long.here's one reason why they continue to suck.
                            Originally posted by yordad
                            Christ, you are the queerest person in the history of Bills fanhood. I swear to god I would stomp you.

Comment

• The Natrix
                              • Jul 2002

I wish Shelton would come out and say in the papers that he wants to go to Buffalo.

Byrd.

Comment

Working...
                              X