PDA

View Full Version : Surtain and Chiefs agree on extension

Sportsuser101
04-01-2005, 11:55 AM
Wonder what they're going to get. And Law remains a FA as the last big team that needed a CB signs someone else.

feelthepain
04-01-2005, 12:04 PM
We have a coach that doesn't feel it necessary to bend bend over and take it hard like Wanny, we won't get robbed this year. I see us with the #46 pick from KC or we keep Surtain. We could also trade with someone else, but the same applys, either a 2nd or higher or player of equal value or we keep Surtain, end of story.

gonzo1105
04-01-2005, 12:24 PM
What I heard the Dolphins were looking for a first day pick for Surtain.....I would assume its for a 3rd because K.C got a 3rd round comp pick for John Tait.

Carlton Bailey
04-01-2005, 12:27 PM
We have a coach that doesn't feel it necessary to bend bend over and take it hard like Wanny, we won't get robbed this year. I see us with the #46 pick from KC or we keep Surtain. We could also trade with someone else, but the same applys, either a 2nd or higher or player of equal value or we keep Surtain, end of story.

Nope, Nick Saban sucks.

The writing is on the wall, Mr. Law is coming here or Indy. Hopefully here.

Sportsuser101
04-01-2005, 12:32 PM
What I heard the Dolphins were looking for a first day pick for Surtain.....I would assume its for a 3rd because K.C got a 3rd round comp pick for John Tait.
True but you can't trade comp picks if thats what you're saying. You may be saying that they have the luxury of giving up there 3rd round pick because of the comp picks?

Mr. Miyagi
04-01-2005, 12:32 PM
Saban = the next Spurrier

gonzo1105
04-01-2005, 12:34 PM
True but you can't trade comp picks if thats what you're saying. You may be saying that they have the luxury of giving up there 3rd round pick because of the comp picks?

yup ...they have the luxury of giving up a 3rd now.

ryjam282
04-01-2005, 12:38 PM
Right, comp picks can't be traded. In today's Sun Sentinel, Saban said he isn't happy with what KC is offering and until they meet there demands the deal won't happen.

justasportsfan
04-01-2005, 12:41 PM
Saban wants a 2nd + a late rounder.

This is what Dick Vermiel(sp) had to say in response to that -> :wail:

ryjam282
04-01-2005, 12:49 PM
:lolcry:

fanman
04-01-2005, 12:56 PM
If the Dolphins were able to pry a second round pick from Vermiel, might they deal it for a proven veteren running back??

Mr. Miyagi
04-01-2005, 01:07 PM
If the Dolphins were able to pry a second round pick from Vermiel, might they deal it for a proven veteren running back??
Like Henry?

Nublar7
04-01-2005, 01:44 PM
If the Dolphins were able to pry a second round pick from Vermiel, might they deal it for a proven veteren running back??Doubt it. Saban said that he wants to have as many draft picks as possible and that trading Surtain is mostly for cap relief. Trading for a veteran running back(Henry, Edge or Alexander) would require a big time contract, so the Surtain trade would save us nothing.

justasportsfan
04-01-2005, 01:51 PM
Moulds will miss his spit bucket if Surtain moves to KC.

fanman
04-01-2005, 02:23 PM
Quote:
<table border="0" cellpadding="5" cellspacing="0" width="100%"> <tbody><tr> <td style="border: 1px inset ;" class="alt2"> Originally Posted by fanman
</td> </tr> </tbody></table>
Doubt it. Saban said that he wants to have as many draft picks as possible and that trading Surtain is mostly for cap relief. Trading for a veteran running back(Henry, Edge or Alexander) would require a big time contract, so the Surtain trade would save us nothing. Could be. The Dolphins are in no shape to compete for anything this year so I could see why they would seek to add as many draft picks as possible, especially with a new coach trying to install a new system. If a playoff run was a possibility I could see them going after Henry or even Edge or Shaun Alexander to address an immediate need and using the draft to fill other holes.

I do remember them expressing interest in Henry earlier in the offseason and I wouldn't rule out a trade until they pick a RB in the early rounds of the draft.

We should have traded Henry to them last year after RW quit when they were desperate. I bet we could have got their 2005 first or second for that swap. They traded a 2005 third for Lamar Gorden.

Dicknoze69
04-01-2005, 02:27 PM
Doubt it. Saban said that he wants to have as many draft picks as possible and that trading Surtain is mostly for cap relief. Trading for a veteran running back(Henry, Edge or Alexander) would require a big time contract, so the Surtain trade would save us nothing.

I saw a couple articles stating this also. Saban wants to build through the draft, which is a smart strategy since FA can be such a gamble sometimes.

Samphin1
04-01-2005, 06:13 PM
KC I believe has offered a fourth. Miami has said a second or higher. If KC were to give up their second rounder, it would get done. Miami is in a position of power right now. Since they agreed in principle to a contract, Miami now knows what the price is for Surtain to sign and can shop him to other teams who may give up higher picks ( Indy, San Diego etc. ). They know what Surtain wants to sign, now they just have to find the best deal for him. If not, oh well. We just get to keep one of the top CB's in the league for one more year and either re-sign him at the end or pick up a comp pick for him.

thebuffalobills4
04-01-2005, 07:56 PM
Saban wants a 2nd + a late rounder.

This is what Dick Vermiel(sp) had to say in response to that -> :wail:
man the cheifs are desprate.even if they get surtain it does not affect us when we go agaist them this yr because he play us twice with the dophins and got burned by evans and moulds.

Sportsuser101
04-01-2005, 08:57 PM
man the cheifs are desprate.even if they get surtain it does not affect us when we go agaist them this yr because he play us twice with the dophins and got burned by evans and moulds.
Our WRs always did well against Surtain. Madison played better then Surtain against us.