X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Sportsuser101
    • Feb 2005

Surtain and Chiefs agree on extension

Wonder what they're going to get. And Law remains a FA as the last big team that needed a CB signs someone else.
    Dareus - 1st Round Pick
  • feelthepain
    All-Pro Zoner
    • Mar 2005

We have a coach that doesn't feel it necessary to bend bend over and take it hard like Wanny, we won't get robbed this year. I see us with the #46 pick from KC or we keep Surtain. We could also trade with someone else, but the same applys, either a 2nd or higher or player of equal value or we keep Surtain, end of story.

Comment

• gonzo1105
      • Jul 2002

What I heard the Dolphins were looking for a first day pick for Surtain.....I would assume its for a 3rd because K.C got a 3rd round comp pick for John Tait.

Comment

• Carlton Bailey

Originally posted by feelthepain
        We have a coach that doesn't feel it necessary to bend bend over and take it hard like Wanny, we won't get robbed this year. I see us with the #46 pick from KC or we keep Surtain. We could also trade with someone else, but the same applys, either a 2nd or higher or player of equal value or we keep Surtain, end of story.
        Nope, Nick Saban sucks.

The writing is on the wall, Mr. Law is coming here or Indy. Hopefully here.

Comment

• Sportsuser101
          • Feb 2005

Originally posted by gonzo1105
          What I heard the Dolphins were looking for a first day pick for Surtain.....I would assume its for a 3rd because K.C got a 3rd round comp pick for John Tait.
          True but you can't trade comp picks if thats what you're saying. You may be saying that they have the luxury of giving up there 3rd round pick because of the comp picks?
          Dareus - 1st Round Pick

Comment

• Mr. Miyagi
            Lecter's Little Bitch

• Sep 2002

Saban = the next Spurrier

Comment

• gonzo1105
              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Sportsuser101
              True but you can't trade comp picks if thats what you're saying. You may be saying that they have the luxury of giving up there 3rd round pick because of the comp picks?

yup ...they have the luxury of giving up a 3rd now.

Comment

• ryjam282
                Offical Billszone Starting QB
                • Mar 2003

Right, comp picks can't be traded. In today's Sun Sentinel, Saban said he isn't happy with what KC is offering and until they meet there demands the deal won't happen.

Ryan Withey
                Owner/President/GM/Director of Player Personnel

Kansas City Super Deuces

Comment

• justasportsfan
                  • Jul 2002

Saban wants a 2nd + a late rounder.

This is what Dick Vermiel(sp) had to say in response to that ->
                  sacrifice1
                  https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• ryjam282
                    Offical Billszone Starting QB
                    • Mar 2003

Ryan Withey
                    Owner/President/GM/Director of Player Personnel

Kansas City Super Deuces

Comment

• fanman
                      • Dec 2004

If the Dolphins were able to pry a second round pick from Vermiel, might they deal it for a proven veteren running back??

Comment

• Mr. Miyagi
                        Lecter's Little Bitch

• Sep 2002

Originally posted by fanman
                        If the Dolphins were able to pry a second round pick from Vermiel, might they deal it for a proven veteren running back??
                        Like Henry?

Comment

• Nublar7
                          • Oct 2004

Originally posted by fanman
                          Doubt it. Saban said that he wants to have as many draft picks as possible and that trading Surtain is mostly for cap relief. Trading for a veteran running back(Henry, Edge or Alexander) would require a big time contract, so the Surtain trade would save us nothing.

Comment

• justasportsfan
                            • Jul 2002

Moulds will miss his spit bucket if Surtain moves to KC.
                            sacrifice1
                            https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• fanman
                              • Dec 2004

Quote:
                              Originally Posted by fanman

Doubt it. Saban said that he wants to have as many draft picks as possible and that trading Surtain is mostly for cap relief. Trading for a veteran running back(Henry, Edge or Alexander) would require a big time contract, so the Surtain trade would save us nothing.
                              Could be. The Dolphins are in no shape to compete for anything this year so I could see why they would seek to add as many draft picks as possible, especially with a new coach trying to install a new system. If a playoff run was a possibility I could see them going after Henry or even Edge or Shaun Alexander to address an immediate need and using the draft to fill other holes.

I do remember them expressing interest in Henry earlier in the offseason and I wouldn't rule out a trade until they pick a RB in the early rounds of the draft.

We should have traded Henry to them last year after RW quit when they were desperate. I bet we could have got their 2005 first or second for that swap. They traded a 2005 third for Lamar Gorden.

Comment

Working...
                              X