• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mr. Miyagi
    Lecter's Little *****

• Sep 2002

I have an odd feeling

I just have an odd feeling that TD will surprise us yet again with a surprise trading partner for the Henry trade, instead of Arizona. Maybe the Bucs.

4 years ago we all thought it's the matter of time before we signed Marvin Lewis. GW was a big dark horse surprise. I have the feeling that something like that will happen on Henry.
  • mysticsoto
    Too sober for this...
    • Apr 2004

Originally posted by Mr. Miyagi
    I just have an odd feeling that TD will surprise us yet again with a surprise trading partner for the Henry trade, instead of Arizona. Maybe the Bucs.

4 years ago we all thought it's the matter of time before we signed Marvin Lewis. GW was a big dark horse surprise. I have the feeling that something like that will happen on Henry.
    I don't care who gets TH if we get something good in return for him. Let's trade him to San Fran - JJ can vouch for him.

Comment

• Tatonka
      • Jul 2002

4 years ago we all thought it's the matter of time before we signed Marvin Lewis.
      then we lucked out with geedubya.

"All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• Bert102176
        • Aug 2002

with the moves TD did with drafting MCGahee and then the trade last year with getteing Losman it wouldn't surprise me at all if he does something to shock and surprise us in this draft
        lets go BUFFALO lets go BUFFALO

Comment

• Bert102176
          • Aug 2002

and I believe he will wait till draft day to trade Henry, but it won't be to the Cards and it will be a high pick, but may include other picks
          lets go BUFFALO lets go BUFFALO

Comment

• clumping platelets

Originally posted by Tatonka
            then we lucked out with geedubya.

Comment

• Jan Reimers
              Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
              • May 2003

I still like the idea of having an experienced player at LT to start the season, rather than a rookie - unless that rookie is a first round stud. And I don't see us getting a first rounder for Henry.

I hope we make the Shelton deal.
              Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• jamze132
                Don’t hate…
                • Jun 2003

Tom Donahoe never ceases to amaze me. After the commish anounces who Donahoe picked, I scratch my head and throw something. The I remember that I'm not a GM. And usually, I relize that what Donahoe did makes more sence what what I wanted to do.

Comment

• Michael82
                  • Jul 2002

Originally posted by jamze132
                  Tom Donahoe never ceases to amaze me. After the commish anounces who Donahoe picked, I scratch my head and throw something. The I remember that I'm not a GM. And usually, I relize that what Donahoe did makes more sence what what I wanted to do.
                  Kinda like his first draft in 2001? Kenyatta Walker! Everyone here wanted Walker badly. Donahoe traded down and grabbed Nate Clements at the end of the 1st round AND Travis Henry just to pass on Walker.

What would you rather have right now?

Comment

• buffmaniac
                    • May 2003

Originally posted by Mikey82
                    Kinda like his first draft in 2001? Kenyatta Walker! Everyone here wanted Walker badly. Donahoe traded down and grabbed Nate Clements at the end of the 1st round AND Travis Henry just to pass on Walker.

What would you rather have right now?
                    Then there was the McGahee pick in 03. When most people just like me must have thought "huh". But now it looks like a great move.

Or how about how he got that pick for McGahee. Franchising Price and trading him for a 1st when it was clear we really did not want to keep him.

Or last year moving our 1st round pick this year up a year so that we could have our QB of the future ready to play this year with a year of experience under his belt.

TD is very smart when it comes to stuff like this and I trust he will get the right deal done.

Comment

• Historian
                      2020-2023 AFC East Champions!
                      • Dec 2002

GW was a big dark horse surprise.
                      More like the horse manure surprise.

Comment

• Michael82
                        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by buffmaniac
                        Then there was the McGahee pick in 03. When most people just like me must have thought "huh". But now it looks like a great move.

Or how about how he got that pick for McGahee. Franchising Price and trading him for a 1st when it was clear we really did not want to keep him.

Or last year moving our 1st round pick this year up a year so that we could have our QB of the future ready to play this year with a year of experience under his belt.

TD is very smart when it comes to stuff like this and I trust he will get the right deal done.
                        Good post! I totally agree!

Comment

• thebuffalobills4
                          • Aug 2004

Originally posted by Mikey82
                          Good post! I totally agree!

me too.
                          :oldskool:
                          micheal phelps is a beast

Comment

• HurryUpTom
                            • Mar 2005

Originally posted by buffmaniac
                            I don't think the McGahee move is great yet ... if we pull of the Shelton trade or get something similar for Henry, then it would be. As it stands right now, I think the team would be in a better position if we had grabbed someone like Eric Steinbach.

Is McGahee talented? Unbelievably.

However, I think that Steinbach and Henry as our RB is better than McGahee and using free agent money.

I'm not saying it's a bad move, just that it's yet to pay the dividends to make it great.

Comment

• Slim
                              • Apr 2004

im confident in whatever TD will do, he's been a genius in picking up player in the past. Im sure whatever trade he makes it WILL make sense for the bills and the other team were trading with

Comment

Working...
                              X