X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • The_Philster
    • Jul 2002

Henry could be dealt if Bills drop demand

It appears that the ball is back in Buffalo's court regarding a potential trade of running back Travis Henry to the Arizona Cardinals for tackle L.J. Shelton.

Cardinals coach Dennis Green told the Arizona East Valley Tribune that Henry is still very much on his radar screen, and sources indicated that Arizona no longer wants additional compensation, just the player-for-player swap.

Earlier this week, Buffalo general manager Tom Donahoe said the Cardinals, like the Bills, didn't want to do "the one-on-one swap, either. They wanted us to give them Travis, plus something else."
    ...more
    The Buffalo Pro Cheer Blog...Positive coverage of Buffalo's Pro Cheerleaders since 2001!
  • Jan Reimers
    Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
    • May 2003

Note to TD: This is a good trade for both teams. Let's cut the BS and get it done on a straight player-for-player basis.
    Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• jamze132
      Don’t hate…
      • Jun 2003

Originally posted by Jan Reimers
      Note to TD: This is a good trade for both teams. Let's cut the BS and get it done on a straight player-for-player basis.
      Maybe he has something else brewing with another team. You never know. But I do agree that it is a fair trade and it should be done. I bet JP's hoping it gets done too.

Comment

• G. Host
        Banned
        • Jul 2002

I think Bills and their doc and trainer know more about whether it is a good deal more than eveyone on this board (except maybe Clump) together.

If he is holding out, he has good reasons such as thinking that Shelton will be released in offseason, concerns about player, etc. With Travis they know what they got and can use it as backup; if he holds out Donahoe can send him a letters saying "Show up or I declare you are a no show and you do not play next year". Very effective stick when not used very often.

Comment

• Frez
          • Oct 2003

Carolina Panthers are now in the mix for Henry.

I can feel it.

"I don't want a pickle / I just wanna ride on my motor-sickle."

Comment

• Historian
            2020-2023 AFC East Champions!
            • Dec 2002

Originally posted by G. Host
            I think Bills and their doc and trainer know more about whether it is a good deal more than eveyone on this board (except maybe Clump) together.

If he is holding out, he has good reasons such as thinking that Shelton will be released in offseason, concerns about player, etc. With Travis they know what they got and can use it as backup; if he holds out Donahoe can send him a letters saying "Show up or I declare you are a no show and you do not play next year". Very effective stick when not used very often.
            I agree. The Bills hold all the cards. Why rush it?

Comment

• Jan Reimers
              • May 2003

Originally posted by Billsology
              I agree. The Bills hold all the cards. Why rush it?
              Travis is just enough of an idiot that he may make good on his promise to sit out next year. So while it may be "professional suicide" for him, it might also leave us with no Shelton and no Henry.
              Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• Historian
                2020-2023 AFC East Champions!
                • Dec 2002

Originally posted by Jan Reimers
                Travis is just enough of an idiot that he may make good on his promise to sit out next year. So while it may be "professional suicide" for him, it might also leave us with no Shelton and no Henry.
                If that's the worst case scenario Jan, I could live with it. For all we know, it could be in the works for this week, lol.

It's just that TD has been very shrewd in these dealings (ie, getting value for Peerless) so I'm going to trust his judgement on this one.

I don't know about the rest of you, but I'm really psyched for this season. I think we're going to be better than last year...and I don't impress all that easily when it comes to this team.

Comment

• buffmaniac
                  • May 2003

I think worse case scenario is that we keep Henry thru the draft but come training camp, the preseason, or the regular season some team will have an injury at the RB position and come looking for a good cheap back and we will have Henry to dangle in front of them.

Comment

• Jan Reimers
                    • May 2003

Originally posted by Billsology

I don't know about the rest of you, but I'm really psyched for this season. I think we're going to be better than last year...and I don't impress all that easily when it comes to this team.
                    I totally agree - I'm just not as shrewd or patient as TD, and am nervous about the LT position. I think it's by far our most serious concern, and would like to see it solved.

We're pretty good everywhere else (assuming some big ifs, like Campbell and Euhus fully recovering, Tim Anderson being ready to go at DT, and Reed or Aiken becoming a quality 3rd receiver), although we could use better depth in some areas.

Comment

• JJamezz

Administrator Emeritus
                      • Jul 2002

Anyone else find it comical when other teams try to play poker with TD?? If there's one quality about him we're certain of, it's that he will not make a move he perceives as poor value to the team - he's such a hard ass, that it can go both ways and backfire sometimes, but in this case, I think he's 100% right. Henry for Shelton straight up is not good value IMO...

Green is already showing his poker face and backing down on his 'demands', and we still have 3 weeks til the draft.. It's just a matter of time until TD breaks him down..

Comment

• The Spaz
                        • Mar 2003

Originally posted by JJamezz
                        Anyone else find it comical when other teams try to play poker with TD?? If there's one quality about him we're certain of, it's that he will not make a move he perceives as poor value to the team - he's such a hard ass, that it can go both ways and backfire sometimes, but in this case, I think he's 100% right. Henry for Shelton straight up is not good value IMO...

Green is already showing his poker face and backing down on his 'demands', and we still have 3 weeks til the draft.. It's just a matter of time until TD breaks him down..
                        Excellent points!

Comment

• Michael82
                          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by JJamezz

Maybe Green will get so nervous and even toss in a conditional draft pick.

Comment

• chernobylwraiths
                            • Jan 2003

I just don't see why we give up a potential 1400 yard rusher and competant receiver out of the backfield for a guy who can't even start for one of the worst teams in the league. And by potential, I mean a guy who has already proved he can do it, just that who knows if he can do it again or even get better. I would prefer a draft pick in next years draft if that is the case.

Comment

• gobuffalo2007
                              All-Pro Zoner
                              • Mar 2005

The question now is, does TD want more than the player for player trade?

Comment

Working...
                              X