• Aug 2004

whos this matt jones dude?

just wondering because some of the users have been talking non stop about
    this guy.
    :oldskool:
    micheal phelps is a beast
  • mypoorfriendme
    • Apr 2003

most athletic player in the draft.... 6' 5", 235 lbs, 4.37 hand time 40, 4.4 electronic, 39" verticle, played qb at arkansaw, trying to play WR in nfl, dropped one ball the entire week of the senior bowl...some people have him going late first, some have him going mid 4th.

could play back up QB and WR/TE on bills...although he is adament about NOT playing tight end
    the dude abides

Comment

• Wolffman
      • Jul 2004

Originally posted by G. Host
      http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/pla...mattjones.html

Big, big WR out of Arkansas some see as a TE in NFL

Strengths: Is an amazing natural athlete...Has very good size and knows how to use it...Speed is extremely deceptive...Has a lot of potential and showed he has the ability to make the move to wideout in Mobile at the Senior Bowl...Very tough...Appeared to have good hands...Fiery player with a great competitive spirit...Team leader.

Weaknesses: Very raw and has never played a position other than quarterback...Will need a lot of work and development...May be too laid back and lackadaisical for some people...Is he truly dedicated to the game of football or was basketball his true love?...A project who will be a gamble for whoever selects him.

Notes: Was also a top high school basketball player and saw some time on the court with the Razorbacks...Could also project to quarterback or tight end in the pros...Interesting prospect
      ^^

Comment

• HurryUpTom
        • Mar 2005

I don't like the idea of using first day picks on "athletes" instead of players. Basically, I mean that i don't think we should try and project a position change for a first day player and instead should choose guys that have produced in college at their pro position. If he's available in the 4th, which I doubt, I'd love for us to take him. Otherwise, let somebody else gamble.

Comment

• thebuffalobills4
          • Aug 2004

Originally posted by HurryUpTom
          I don't like the idea of using first day picks on "athletes" instead of players. Basically, I mean that i don't think we should try and project a position change for a first day player and instead should choose guys that have produced in college at their pro position. If he's available in the 4th, which I doubt, I'd love for us to take him. Otherwise, let somebody else gamble.
          true
          :oldskool:
          micheal phelps is a beast

Comment

• That Guy
            • Apr 2004

He won't be around for our first pick now.

Comment

Working...
            X