PDA

View Full Version : Offensive Line and Cost

losman2evans
04-02-2005, 04:45 PM
If we add Shelton, Anderson, Baas, Villarial, Williams

What would the cost be against the cap next year. Assuming Williams does not restructure. I believe that Arizona eats the signing bonus. I am also assuming that we grab Baas with our second round pick.

How does this salary cap cost for our offensive line rank against other teams?
I know that Ogden and Pace make ridiculous salaries and their teamsprobably have a large amount of their salary cap allocated toward their offensive line.

The first thing that stands out is Williams cost- It appears we need him to restructure before next season.

Thoughts?

SABURZFAN
04-02-2005, 05:10 PM
i would love for us to grab baas but i think he's gone in the 1st round.this guy is mean and will be in the NFL for a long time barring injury.i'm not a Michigan fan but you can't go wrong grabbing an offensive lineman from there.wherever he lands,he'll start Day 1.

OpIv37
04-02-2005, 05:11 PM
I could be wrong about this, but didn't Williams restructure last week?

G. Host
04-02-2005, 05:39 PM
Not that I noticed and I keep track of Bills players on number of sources.

HurryUpTom
04-02-2005, 05:43 PM
I think that last week there were rumours Williams was restructuring, but I don't believe that anything has been announced officially yet.

OpIv37
04-02-2005, 05:44 PM
I must be confusing him with someone else. But I'm pretty sure a restructure will occur.

HurryUpTom
04-02-2005, 05:53 PM
Back to the original question ... I don't know the exact #'s, but right now, our OL is a lot more expensive than last year due primarily to Williams big cap increase and Anderson should be a bit more expensive than Jennings.