• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • OpIv37
    Acid Douching Asswipe
    • Sep 2002

Let's draft Matt Jones....

He's the second coming of Jason Peters. He'll be WR, TE, HB for gadget plays, 3rd string QB, chief operating officer and director of stadium parking.
    MiKiDo Facebook
    MiKiDo Website
  • HurryUpTom
    • Mar 2005

Are you comparing him to Jason Peters as a positive or a negative?

Comment

• OpIv37
      Acid Douching Asswipe
      • Sep 2002

there were a lot of Jason Peters threads on this board- just making fun of the situation. Seriously, I think Jones would be a decent addition, but I'd rather see the O line and the D line addressed first.
      MiKiDo Facebook
      MiKiDo Website

Comment

• mysticsoto
        Too sober for this...
        • Apr 2004

Originally posted by OpIv37
        there were a lot of Jason Peters threads on this board- just making fun of the situation. Seriously, I think Jones would be a decent addition, but I'd rather see the O line and the D line addressed first.
        Hmmm...what if the trade goes through and we get Shelton (and Baas is gone by the 2nd)? In truth, unless Adam Terry is available (or a higher ranked OT - unlikely), I don't think anyone else on the O-line side is worth taking at that position...

Comment

• OpIv37
          Acid Douching Asswipe
          • Sep 2002

Originally posted by mysticsoto
          Hmmm...what if the trade goes through and we get Shelton (and Baas is gone by the 2nd)? In truth, unless Adam Terry is available (or a higher ranked OT - unlikely), I don't think anyone else on the O-line side is worth taking at that position...
          interesting thoughts- if we get Shelton then I will be satisfied with the O line. As far as D line goes- I just hope the Bills brass knows something about Anderson or Edwards that I don't. If there truly are no worthwhile O linemen or D linemen available, then I won't complain about picking up Jones.
          MiKiDo Facebook
          MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Sportsuser101
            • Feb 2005

Originally posted by OpIv37
            interesting thoughts- if we get Shelton then I will be satisfied with the O line. As far as D line goes- I just hope the Bills brass knows something about Anderson or Edwards that I don't. If there truly are no worthwhile O linemen or D linemen available, then I won't complain about picking up Jones.
            Edwards played well last year and Anderson didn't play last year but the Bills front office seems very high on him. I don't see us going dline in the 2nd round.
            Dareus - 1st Round Pick

Comment

• Tatonka
              • Jul 2002

i dont see a need to go D line at all, to be honest..

i cant really give you a great reason.. but i just completely trust that the combination of anderson and edwards is going to be good.. edwards will be the starter all year and do well.. anderson will sub in goaline type situations or obvious running downs..
              "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• DMBcrew36
                • Feb 2005

Do we really think that Matt Jones will be available at 44th or 55th pick? Everyone seems to be high on him. It makes it seems like someone will give in and snag him earlier than either of these possible picks of ours.

Comment

• Michael82
                  • Jul 2002

Originally posted by mysticsoto
                  I'd take Chris Spencer.

Comment

• mysticsoto
                    Too sober for this...
                    • Apr 2004

Originally posted by Mikey82
                    I'd take Chris Spencer.
                    But Center is a position with depth...we could probably wait til the 3rd or even 4th and still get a quality Center...

Given the scenario mentioned above, in my opinion, we either get a physical specimen like Matt Jones or we get a CB to possibly be the replacement of Nate if we can't reach a deal with him.

Comment

• jamze132
                      Don’t hate…
                      • Jun 2003

Matt Jones just might be envied by millions one day.

Comment

• colin
                        Drew's my hero!
                        • Jul 2002

that guy looks exactly like this swedish triple jumper, don't know if he got gold but he was up there in athens.

anyhow, if we can use this guy in the slot of back field for like 5 plays a game, he will scare opposing Ds and prolly be the first bill to pass, catch, and run in a touch down in one season.

although i agree in principal that a better o line is much more important, just signing or drafting every o lineman available won't make much of a diff if they aren't much better than who have allready, but this jones kid might really make a difference on our team.

i'm sure TD will make the best choice when time comes.

Comment

• gr8slayer
                          • Feb 2005

"Lets draft Matt Jones" Do you think you are a pioneer or something? Every other team in the NFL is saying "lets draft Matt Jones"

Comment

• OpIv37
                            Acid Douching Asswipe
                            • Sep 2002

Originally posted by gr8slayer
                            "Lets draft Matt Jones" Do you think you are a pioneer or something? Every other team in the NFL is saying "lets draft Matt Jones"
                            obviously someone is unfamiliar with the concept of sarcasm.
                            MiKiDo Facebook
                            MiKiDo Website

Comment

• jpdex12
                              • Jan 2005

Originally posted by Mikey82
                              I'd take Chris Spencer.
                              I heard Spencer interview on Sirius Radio Saturday. He speaks very well and sounded like a pretty smart guy. He wakes up at 5:30 every morning to workout and his grandfather taught him this type of mentality (early bird gets the worm). He is a blue collar worker and he will do very well in the NFL barring any injuries. I wouldn't be mad picking him up in round two so we could plan for the departure of Teague or his permanent move to LT if that is what McNally is planning. For some reason though, if we get Shelton, I don't think that TD will go O-line early in the draft. Look for a CB to be drafted or an impact player like Jones. I'd say Jones if he's there. He would cause tremendous mismatch problems.
                              Where else would you rather be than right here right now?

Comment

Working...
                              X