PDA

View Full Version : Interesting story on CBS, Buffalo related

G. Host
04-02-2005, 06:15 PM
Schottenheimer was right: It's not what have you done for me lately; it's what will you do for me next? "In Lamar Hunt," said Schottenheimer, "I had one of the finest human beings God put on this earth, and I'll tell you a great story about him. We played Buffalo in Buffalo for the conference championship in '93, and Joe (Montana) got hurt in the first quarter and they beat the devil out of us. Now, we played Buffalo earlier that season at Arrowhead and beat them handily, and the point differential was greater in our Monday night game than it was in this particular game.

"So we get beat in Buffalo, and afterward, we're sitting on the bus getting ready to depart, and Lamar's in front of me. It's the end of another disappointing year, and I'm sitting there when Lamar turns around and says, 'Coach, how are you?' Now I feel miserable, disappointed, frustrated, you name it. But this is what he said, and he meant it sincerely: 'Look at it this way, coach: We beat them worse than they beat us.' Can you imagine an owner within 90 minutes of a disappointing loss saying something like that?"
CBS (more) (http://cbs.sportsline.com/nfl/story/8342266)

The_Philster
04-02-2005, 06:20 PM
:snicker: almost helmetguy-related as well

Wolffman
04-02-2005, 09:39 PM
That tells me that Hunt accepts failure.

clumping platelets
04-02-2005, 10:18 PM
How many teams win in KC on a Monday night when the refs screw ya?

Michael82
04-03-2005, 10:01 AM
:snicker: almost helmetguy-related as well
You should tell everyone that story. :snicker:

Jan Reimers
04-03-2005, 10:06 AM
As someone once said, "Show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser."

jamze132
04-03-2005, 10:37 AM
So we lost a primetime game again? Or is this when are primetime trouble began to show it's ugly head?