PDA

View Full Version : my take on the o-line so far.

thebuffalobills4
04-02-2005, 06:24 PM
so far at the begining of fa this yr i was wondering who we are going to get
for our o-line we lost jj.it turned out to be the signing of mike gandy,and bennie anderson.they where pretty good including anderson,whom is a hard nosed
type of dude.and trust me thats good for the line on acounting we are mostly
a run team.so to grade anderson,hes proably a b+.mike gandy a good back up,i would give him a c.so good job td :up:

i also keep hearing trey teage is going to be moved to LT.from looking at his past stats with denver he was not that good at that postion .so in my opinion he should stay at center for these reasons:
1 hes improved alot at that postion.
2 he has not gave up that much sacks as he did in the past.
3 it would be dumb to put him back at that postion,but it would be cool to do it.
and my last thought is about the whole oline,since last yr we only gave up 37 sacks thats good ,and this offseason we made some pretty good moves for the line,and a possible trade for lj shelton.but its a 50-50 chance that we will get him.so i think this season our o-line will be as better than it did the other season.i predict that the o-line will only give up 32 sacks,and mike williams,teauge and anderson will be pro-bowlers.

what the o-line proably would look like:
LT LG c RG RT
lj shelton bennie anderson trey teague c.varraill m.willliams
please reply :peace:

thebuffalobills4
04-02-2005, 06:33 PM
thoughts :bikerbabe

goodkarma
04-02-2005, 06:34 PM
I agree with you that Teague is likely not the answer at tackle, and frankly, I don't think Mike Williams is either. Anderson sounds like a decent pickup, but everything I read says pulling and moving around isn't his forte, so I'm confused how this guy fits into a scheme with a mobile QB. We'll see.

HurryUpTom
04-02-2005, 06:36 PM
Uhh ... Teague, Williams, and Anderson as pro bowlers?

Teague acceptable as a starter, but is the 3rd best C in our division IMO (Mawae and Koppen are better IMO). And yes, I mean conference, not division, and I see him way down in the conference.

I think all OTs are in one group for pro bowlers, so while I think Williams can be an above average RT, I don't think he has a shot at a pro bowl either.

I haven't seen Anderson play, so I can't comment on his ability ... however, considering that we paid him less than Villarial and he got little attention in a year where there was a lot of demand for guards, my guess is that he isn't pro bowl worthy. he's gotta be an improvement over Smith and sounds like he'll be an average LG that fits our system well (when we ran successfully last season, it seemed to be quick hits right at the line as opposed to sweeps/counters with pulling Gs), but pro bowl will be a huge stretch.

Right now, I think that Gandy was a fair swap for Price and Anderson is an upgrade over Smith while we have no replacement for Jennings. IMO, that puts us worse than last year's bad OL. If we get Shelton, and if he's as strong as has been advertised, and not a player who can't start ahead of Tony Clement, then we should have an improved OL that may be just above average. I know Shelton got in Green's doghouse, so his playing time might not be indicative of his ability. Although, I wonder why there is a different standard for people in other team's doghouses. There is a very solid line: If the Bills are interested in the player, then the other team is stupid to have him in their doghouse. If the Bills aren't interested, the other team is absolutely correct and the player is a cancer not worth aquiring. The talent level of the player doesn't seem to matter ... strange.

thebuffalobills4
04-02-2005, 06:43 PM
Uhh ... Teague, Williams, and Anderson as pro bowlers?

Teague acceptable as a starter, but is the 3rd best C in our division IMO (Mawae and Koppen are better IMO). And yes, I mean conference, not division, and I see him way down in the conference.

I think all OTs are in one group for pro bowlers, so while I think Williams can be an above average RT, I don't think he has a shot at a pro bowl either.

I haven't seen Anderson play, so I can't comment on his ability ... however, considering that we paid him less than Villarial and he got little attention in a year where there was a lot of demand for guards, my guess is that he isn't pro bowl worthy. he's gotta be an improvement over Smith and sounds like he'll be an average LG that fits our system well (when we ran successfully last season, it seemed to be quick hits right at the line as opposed to sweeps/counters with pulling Gs), but pro bowl will be a huge stretch.

Right now, I think that Gandy was a fair swap for Price and Anderson is an upgrade over Smith while we have no replacement for Jennings. IMO, that puts us worse than last year's bad OL. If we get Shelton, and if he's as strong as has been advertised, and not a player who can't start ahead of Tony Clement, then we should have an improved OL that may be just above average. I know Shelton got in Green's doghouse, so his playing time might not be indicative of his ability. Although, I wonder why there is a different standard for people in other team's doghouses. There is a very solid line: If the Bills are interested in the player, then the other team is stupid to have him in their doghouse. If the Bills aren't interested, the other team is absolutely correct and the player is a cancer not worth aquiring. The talent level of the player doesn't seem to matter ... strange.
thats my opinion.since i live about 30mil away from the baltimore area,i get alot of talk on the ravens.and looking threw his profile he is really good at
run block.so that makes us better than before at the g postion.plus hes hardnosed.

HurryUpTom
04-02-2005, 06:45 PM
thats my opinion.since i live about 30mil away from the baltimore area,i get alot of talk on the ravens.and looking threw his profile he is really good at
run block.so that makes us better than before at the g postion.plus hes hardnosed.How did you go from thinking our OL would have 3 pro bowlers to none in 20 minutes? A line with 3 pro bowlers would be great even with 2 bums at the other 2 spots. I'm saying our OL is horrible right now and has the potential to be just above average ... I don't think you're reading me right.

thebuffalobills4
04-02-2005, 06:47 PM
How did you go from thinking our OL would have 3 pro bowlers to none in 20 minutes? A line with 3 pro bowlers would be great even with 2 bums at the other 2 spots. I'm saying our OL is horrible right now and has the potential to be just above average ... I don't think you're reading me right.
i don't know,i'll edit my post i guess.