PDA

View Full Version : Doug Flutie to be a WR on Sunday?

Jaydog57
12-09-2002, 08:29 PM
That'd be something to see, here's the link to the article:

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news/ap/20021209/ap-chargers-brees.html :cool:

BironsGirl43
12-09-2002, 09:47 PM
OMG.. i heard about this as well and was like.. what!?!?! He's a QB.. that will be a sight to see if it does pan out.. hehe.. Jaded must be excited..... she'll get to see her homeboy play!

LVGrown
12-09-2002, 09:48 PM
please let it be so ... i would love to see Wire or Winfield lay him out!!!

Erin

:rock: :sukrpnch:

lordofgun
12-09-2002, 09:48 PM
You gotta love Erin's hatred for the little guy. :D

Dozerdog
12-09-2002, 09:49 PM
He will get his clock cleaned- a 40 year old at WR? And he ain't no Jerry Rice

BironsGirl43
12-09-2002, 09:52 PM
Originally posted by ShAgNSuRf 702

Erin

Bwahahaha!! I thought this was going to be a nice message suggesting that they'd love to see Fluts play again.. but no.. aren't you a little harsh? hehe.. what's he ever done to you?? Leave him alone as the midget with the mullet that he is.. hehe.. *sorry Jaded.. you know I'm only kidding* I like Flutie Flakes.. really I do! :)

PA Season Ticket Holder
12-09-2002, 09:57 PM
Let Big Pat grab him by the ankle and hold him up and then Nate can come by and lay him out like he did to Brady last year in Buffalo.

I hope I'm not getting a beer or in the bathroom when that happens.

LVGrown
12-09-2002, 10:12 PM
While Flutie has only IRRITATED me to death its his fans that really do me in!!!:jk: lol, PA I hope your not getting a beer or in the bathrrom either ... it would be a kodak moment for sure!

Erin

WG
12-09-2002, 10:12 PM
Like they would change QBs now. Besides, while Brees isn't having a great year by any standard, he's no worse than Doug was last season.

It'll be a hoot to see Dougie line up at WR. I wish I could go to the game to see that. I have a hunch that they're gonna try and use him in trick plays where he throws the ball or something like that.

It would be nice to see the little tyke get laid out by Fletcher, equal height and all. :D

honey
12-09-2002, 10:15 PM
:rolleyes: If he couldn't do it, I don't think Shottenheimer would even suggest it.

TacklingDummy
12-09-2002, 10:50 PM
Wouldn't it be something if Doug catches the winning TD pass?

Another reason for you guys to hate the guy. Don't know why you guys do, afterall he just won games for us. :)

WG
12-09-2002, 11:14 PM
Yeah, isn't it interesting how Drew leads the team to 13, 16, and 17 points also and he can't seem to "win games" for us.

Flutie = Defense I guess...

:blah:

The_Philster
12-10-2002, 04:59 AM
So it wasn't a joke? :eek:

Buffarama
12-10-2002, 07:03 AM
The only concern now is when Watson get's called for pass interference on Flutie he may hurt him when he runs over him.

DougFlutie7
12-10-2002, 07:50 AM

Erin

That’s a bit harsh, don’t you think! I just want to play.

SABURZFAN
12-10-2002, 09:19 AM
i guess with the conway injury,they're a little 'short' in the WR department.

SABURZFAN
12-10-2002, 09:22 AM

Erin

i wonder if the crowd would start cheering if that were to happen.they did when RJ got hurt in the new england game or was it the flutie flakes?

SABURZFAN
12-10-2002, 09:26 AM
Originally posted by DougFlutie7

That’s a bit harsh, don’t you think! I just want to play.

hey runt,there's always the CFL.

Judge
12-10-2002, 11:07 AM
Originally posted by TacklingDummy
Wouldn't it be something if Doug catches the winning TD pass?

Another reason for you guys to hate the guy. Don't know why you guys do, afterall he just won games for us. :)

Exactly- and was a better teammate than RJ too- remember Pat Williams' comments in Shout earlier this year?!

Valerie
12-10-2002, 11:17 AM
BironsGirl, I AM excited to see Doug play on Sunday! I can't WAIT!!!!!!!!!

And, to the rest of you, when Doug runs circles around the Bills' defense and scores a few TD's, I want you ALL to apologize to me and to Doug! He's gonna show ALL of you just what he can do! I can't wait! :D

fabolouspaul
12-10-2002, 01:58 PM
Originally posted by Judge

Exactly- and was a better teammate than RJ too- remember Pat Williams' comments in Shout earlier this year?!

What did Pat say?

The_Philster
12-10-2002, 03:30 PM
Originally posted by Jaded 7
BironsGirl, I AM excited to see Doug play on Sunday! I can't WAIT!!!!!!!!!

And, to the rest of you, when Doug runs circles around the Bills' defense and scores a few TD's, I want you ALL to apologize to me and to Doug! He's gonna show ALL of you just what he can do! I can't wait! :D

Two things.
Our defense isn't that hard to run circles around this year. Jim Kelly could do it and they time him with a sundial.
What are you gonna do if they DO lay him out?
;)

Valerie
12-10-2002, 03:49 PM
Originally posted by The_Philster What are you gonna do if they DO lay him out?;)
He's quick on his feet. I don't think the defense will even get a hand on him. Now, do you want to take bets on whether or not I get my hands on him? ;)

The_Philster
12-10-2002, 03:51 PM

He's quick on his feet. I don't think the defense will even get a hand on him. Now, do you want to take bets on whether or not I get my hands on him? ;)

That all depends. If you've still got a touch of the bronchitis you had last weekend, you bet ;)
Otherwise....HECK NO!! I've seen you in action when you're healthy ;)

TacklingDummy
12-10-2002, 04:02 PM

Now, do you want to take bets on whether or not I get my hands on him? ;)

Wouldn't that be a violation of the Restraining Order?:confused:

The_Philster
12-10-2002, 04:04 PM
Originally posted by TacklingDummy

Wouldn't that be a violation of the Restraining Order?:confused:

That didn't stop her in San Diego 2 seasons ago.....or was that when he filed for the restraining order? :huh:

TacklingDummy
12-10-2002, 04:06 PM
:rofl:

Typ0
12-10-2002, 04:38 PM
I hope Futile gets so layed out in Orchard Park they have to carry him off the field in three stretchers. I say this for a hatred of Flakes not that I want Doug to get hurt. They deserve it.

fabolouspaul
12-10-2002, 04:53 PM
Why do u guys hate him soo much? U should hate Rob Johnson more!!

TacklingDummy
12-10-2002, 05:15 PM
I don't hate either one. Doug was the better QB at the time for Buffalo. RJ should never of even been traded for.

BADTHINGSMAN
12-11-2002, 06:50 PM
Flutie could be very dangerous as a widereciever. He can run the reverse and throw, do a wideout screen and throw, wr option. He could even hide the ball in his mullet.

RedEyE
12-11-2002, 07:57 PM
He will probably score 3 tds against our D

The_Philster
12-13-2002, 04:30 AM
The comic relief leading up to Sunday's game was provided by Chargers coach Marty Schottenheimer, who suggested the team was so banged up at receiver it might have to use backup quarterback Doug Flutie for a few plays at
wideout against the Bills.

"It depends on the circumstances," Schottenheimer said. "We've been going through the last couple games with only three wide receivers, so we had to look to somebody, and he knows all the routes. I don't know whether he'll play or not. We'll have to wait and see.

"He wants to run go routes. But I don't know if we'll let him do that."

Flutie hasn't run a single pattern at receiver in practice all year and worked at QB on Wednesday.

"We've had receiver injuries, but I think three more guys would have to go down for Doug to get in," Chargers starting quarterback Drew Brees said.

Cracked Bills coach Gregg Williams: "Maybe he thinks he has a height advantage on Antoine Winfield."

so look at the bright side, Jaded.....he'll be on the bench in your sights for the entire game ;)

LuvDaBills11
12-13-2002, 08:23 AM
man i hope he plays! i miss douggy hes awesome. i think he be better as a rb than a wr but i still wouldn't risk hurting him because if brees gets hurt doug is the backup.