X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • The_Philster
    • Jul 2002

Bills, Sabres still waiting on big prize

New England sports fans realized their Impossible Dream in October when the Boston Red Sox won eight straight games against the mighty New York Yankees and St. Louis Cardinals to end an 86-year World Series victory drought.

The NFL New England Patriots put the icing on the sports cake by winning their third Super Bowl in four years.

Will sports fans in western New York ever realize their Impossible Dream — the Bills winning a Super Bowl or the Sabres winning a Stanley Cup?
    ..more
    The Buffalo Pro Cheer Blog...Positive coverage of Buffalo's Pro Cheerleaders since 2001!
  • The_Philster
    • Jul 2002

The official NFL record book includes all applicable records from the AFL from 1960 to 1969, so one might argue that Buffalo's AFL championships in 1964 and 1965 take western New York off the 0-for-ever hook, but most of us can't buy that.
    personally, I think Matthews is full of ****...those titles meant a lot..we won championships...not our fault the NFL was scared to face us until later. Had they started the Super Bowl 2 years earlier, I'm fully confident our 1964 title team would've taken the Browns
    The Buffalo Pro Cheer Blog...Positive coverage of Buffalo's Pro Cheerleaders since 2001!

Comment

• Historian
      2020-2023 AFC East Champions!
      • Dec 2002

I agree Phil, unfortunately, he's only reflecting public opinion, and that's the problem. That's why All Pro players like Sestak (who died 18 years ago today) Saimes, Kemp, et al, aren't in the Hall of Fame.

The perception is that the league wasn't legit until the very late 1960s.

Believe me, you have no idea how much this smokes my rope. Perhaps if they had defeated the Chiefs in the 66 Championship game to face the Pack in SB I, history would view them differently, I don't know.

And when I lived in Philly in the late 1980s, all I ever heard (when they found out where I was from) was: We kicked yer ayuss in duh Cup finulz!

Think about all the family members you've lost...parents...Grandparents, who were big Bills and Sabres boosters. Think about the Knox brothers. These people died never seeing their teams win it...even once.

I would like to see us win a SB and a Cup before I take the dirt nap.

Comment

• jamze132
        • Jun 2003

**** Brett Hull!

Comment

• gr8slayer
          • Feb 2005

Winning a Super Bowl in the next five years may be the only way to keep the Bills in Buffalo.

Comment

• The_Philster
            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Billsology
            I agree Phil, unfortunately, he's only reflecting public opinion, and that's the problem. That's why All Pro players like Sestak (who died 18 years ago today) .
            One of the all-time greats

Comment

• OpIv37
              Acid Douching Asswipe
              • Sep 2002

can 1 day go by where I don't encounter a picture of that missed kick by Norwood? Some wounds never heal, and lately I can't stop thinking about how a distance of about 3 feet to the right is all that separates our team from permanent respect.
              MiKiDo Facebook
              MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Italian Stallion
                Knows More Than You
                • Feb 2004

Originally posted by gr8slayer
                Winning a Super Bowl in the next five years may be the only way to keep the Bills in Buffalo.
                Absolutly......no team that wins a championship moves...

Think of all the revenue a super bowl win will cause..merchandise, tickets, and not to mention the public perception of the team and area will increase...

Let's face it, the Browns didn't do anything for quite some time when Modell uprooted them....one of the extreme reasons to move the franchise, was to benefit from the "new"... new logos, jerseys, and take advantage of a booming Baltimore market.
                BILLS FOOTBALL

SABRES HOCKEY

METS BASEBALL

I like cheeseburgers and eva mendes

Comment

Working...
                X