PDA

View Full Version : To Let Everyone Know- We -DO- have the toughest schedule...

Quizlet2002
08-02-2002, 06:17 PM
As far as a survey of schedules...etc we have THE toughest schedule in the NFL due to the re-aligning

Buffarama
08-02-2002, 06:33 PM
But when you think about it, with the turnaround of players, and how the higher finishing teams usually end up with cap problems and losing players, basing the schedule on last years stats doesn't always equate into this years strengths.
Miami and the Jets are overated IMO. NE won't sneak up on anybody.
Besides, if you want to be the champ, you have to be the champ in your head before you enter the ring. Forget strength of schedule. The Bills need to show the other team who's going to get kicked around, then we'll be the strength of schedule.
I understand what you're saying, and everyone else raises this point. I'm just going to take it a step further, and say mentally they can't think like that. That was last year, this is this year.

shawn
08-02-2002, 06:43 PM
Originally posted by Quizlet2002
As far as a survey of schedules...etc we have THE toughest schedule in the NFL due to the re-aligning

Did you conduct this survey?

A1
08-02-2002, 06:46 PM
Yeah I think this is the Quiz methodology:

1. glance over the information at NFL.com.
2. Write up the visceral reaction as if it were the result of seven years scientific analysis.

shawn
08-02-2002, 09:58 PM
Originally posted by A1
Yeah I think this is the Quiz methodology:

1. glance over the information at NFL.com.
2. Write up the visceral reaction as if it were the result of seven years scientific analysis.

lmao

Quizlet2002
08-02-2002, 10:14 PM
Uhm...no. The survey was of 11 guys. 4 who have conducted such in the past. 3 others who study statistics for the last 7 years before there was a NFL.com and the other 4 are just new guys

casdhf
08-02-2002, 11:07 PM
Gotta beat the best to be the best..er somethin like that

SABURZFAN
08-03-2002, 06:41 AM
i saw that we were tied with the CHARGERS for the toughest schedule.i guess the schedulemakers don't like us or something.

don137
08-03-2002, 07:51 AM
The schedule is not based on where you finished any more. Teams change around so much from the off-season so it is hard to gauge who has the toughest schedule. As a result they go by your opponents record last year. Look at Baltimore, they were a playoff team last year but will be one of weakest teams in the league. With that said many of our opponents are either at the same level or improved from last year IMO. Minnesota, KC, Denver, Oakland, Miami, NE, NY Jets and Cincinnati fit into that category. Houston is an expansion team so you can not measure. San Diego and Detroit are weak teams that did not improve much. The only team that appears weaker than last year is Green Bay and Buffalo has to play at Green Bay in December which is never an easy task.
The Bills schedule will be tough but I do not see an opponent that will blow us away. I believe we have the ability to beat every team on our schedule. I'm not saying we will beat every team I am just saying at kickoff time every week I see us being competitive.

Tom D
08-03-2002, 07:53 AM
"Toughest Schedule" refers to the winning percentages of the clubs the previous season.

You have to take this with a grain of salt. NOT factored into the toughest schedule formula are the Texans, who did not play last season.

Another thing to remember is the Jets, Phins, and Pats have our 3-13 record factored into their Strength of schedule twice. Throw out the Texan and Bengal games (determined by division seeding) and the Bills play an identical schedule as their division rivals.

northernbillfan
08-03-2002, 10:47 AM
I think our toughest test this seasonn will be a trip through the NFC North. Minny, Chicago and the Pack will prove to be the test of our mettle. Make it through that part 2-2 and we will be okay.

I'm looking forward to playing Lambeau in December.

colin
08-03-2002, 12:42 PM
How are we going to be 2-2 in 3 games.

We have a tougher schedule than our opponents because they play us (sucked last year) and we play them (did good).

For the last several years, the Bills have had a tough schedule wether you take that season's records or the year before, we just don't have some garbage team to step on all the time, the AFC central and the old NFC central used to always get that.

Hopefully by the end of this season other teams will be griping about how tough they have it cuz they got buffaloed.

LouGrant
08-03-2002, 12:45 PM
I think he means 2-2 through the NFC North. NBF was referred to the 3 tough opponents.

The Lions victory is a given (I hope!)

justasportsfan
08-03-2002, 01:07 PM
Originally posted by Quizlet2002
Uhm...no. The survey was of 11 guys. 4 who have conducted such in the past. 3 others who study statistics for the last 7 years before there was a NFL.com and the other 4 are just new guys

all of whom were posters at finheaven.:gossip:

dolfan25
08-03-2002, 01:07 PM
Originally posted by northernbillfan
I think our toughest test this seasonn will be a trip through the NFC North. Minny, Chicago and the Pack will prove to be the test of our mettle. Make it through that part 2-2 and we will be okay.

I'm looking forward to playing Lambeau in December.

To put that much stock in out of conference games is not logical. As a Bills fan you should hope that if you lose 4 or 5 games this year that 4 of those losses be to NFC teams. They have by far a lesser effect on your playoff hopes than division or Conference games.

TigerJ
08-03-2002, 09:19 PM
The realignment takes away to scheduling advantage that used to go to last place teams. That plus the fact that our AFC East has three teams that went 11-5 last year accounts for the difficulty of Buffalo's schedule. It'll make us work harder and we'll be better for it in 2003.